how creatures are selected in Creature Transfers

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 28 March 2023 at 7:10 PM

I went to transfer 6 creatures. Only 10 were showing in my search display (by species.)
I had tested out one of the selections with the checkmark thinking it would only affect the creatures showing, but instead it had affected my whole cove.
I was wondering why when I had refreshed the page only a few creatures of that species was showing. Thankfully I had checked right away, as almost my entire cove was being transferred (and I was able to cancel it in time.) (Granted, it's partly my fault for my brain thinking in that moment that Create transfer was a Cancel button. - but that's beside my point of how things are displayed/selected.)
I feel like that's a really confusing aspect of transfers (and why I'm so hesitant to use the feature.)

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 28 March 2023 at 7:36 PM

@snowywinter
Are any of the "missing" creatures tied up in auctions, trades or waiting to be accepted after being transferred?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 28 March 2023 at 7:54 PM

@minnie298a The "missing" creatures were being held up in the transfer... along with the rest of my cove. EXCEPT the few of that species that were displaying. (That handful would have been the only ones i had left.)

But that 6 / 10 was before the transfer was accidentally created. (They wouldn't display *after* it was created.)

Point is I had toggled the Select or Deselect All, and I *thought* it would only affect the creatures that were being displayed, NOT my WHOLE cove.