~*• New Creature Suggestion: Cerevae •*~

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
927 posts

shirothekittehlover • 2 April 2023 at 1:07 PM

[24/12/2023 UPDATE: Creature art has been redrawn in digital AND it came with a rename too! (since i think the old one is too long-)]

Hey, fellow Arkians!
Guess who made a new creature suggestion today? Well, I did >:]
And this time, I'm returning to traditional art just for this one! <[that aged like spoiled milk now 💀]
Wanna see it? Well, here we go~!

~ Meet the Cerevae! ~

A very tiny fungi-ish creature based off the Saccharomyces cerevisiae fungi, or more commonly called as baker's yeast!
Yep, that's right, I've suggested the very first micro fungi creature to ever exist in the entire community :]

Art: https://www.deviantart.com/shirodrawz/art/Mycerevi-EggCave-creature-suggestion-956299004
(Transparent version: http://tinyurl.com/CerevaeREDRAWN)

About Cerevae eggs:
These tiny eggs (or more like, buds) have a rough, sandy texture, and seems to be leaving lots of dusty spores around it. These spores seem to be able to be used as an alternative to yeast for baking, winemaming, and brewing, and apparently it is said to work faster than regular yeast, which is why some bakers, winemakers, and brewers always collect lots of it when making their respective products.
It is noted that these eggs need to be placed around sugary compounds in order to be healthy, as it will slowly absorb the nutrients and slowly grow and morph into a juvenile Cerevae.

About the Cerevae creature:
The Cerevae is a type of fungi-like creature, with a very tiny size of only 1,5 inches at average. Commonly found around Northern Plains, these creatures live in colonies of over 1000 individuals in average, some living amongst wild and/or commercial grape gardens and others living in symbiotic coexistence with *Slithrothis.
They move by letting themselves be blown by the wind, aided by their flexible hyphae tails to help steer them to wherever they want to go. Although, when there's little to no wind currents around, they move by skipping with their long legs instead.
Cerevaes reproduce through two ways; either by spores that are scattered from the body as it moves, or by separating orange parts of itself that'll turn into new buds. Usually, they use spores to reproduce instead, since it'll make the offsprings be able to spread to more areas easier.
Like the buds, the spores that Cerevaes spread can also be used as an alternative to yeast, and as a result, some people have begun to get a pet Cerevae instead of buying yeast for baking, winemaking, or brewing, since all they need for nourishment is any edible compounds that mostly contain sugar and nitrogen!
Now, due to the increasing popularity of having Cerevaes to help at making things, there has been domesticated variants of this creature as well, that spreads more spores and grow faster, some even needing less nutrients to grow as well for efficiency.

Design Notes:
- The antennae and tail(s) are supposed to be mostly a bunch of hyphae, so to the artist, it is encouraged to make em look stringy :]
- The body is supposed to have a rough texture and falling dust surrounding it as well ^^

(*: A creature suggestion I have yet to reveal ;>)

~~~~~~~~~~

...And to end this off, I hope a few pings would be fine..! (Sorry if you won't like to be pinged)
@Ian
@dibabeebees
@wonder404exe
@noman15

#creaturesuggestion
#shiroscreatures

Demifluid
1,504 posts

wonder404exe • 2 April 2023 at 1:41 PM

@shirothekittehlover
Its…. A… orb…
with… um… antennaes…
I LOVE IT JDKSJSSJHDJFBD
ITS SO CUTE

181 posts

noman15 • 2 April 2023 at 8:45 PM

It makes me think of a yeast fairy.

1,962 posts

opalquinze • 2 April 2023 at 8:51 PM

i feel like this could fit in a Kirby game (prob cuz it reminds me how most Kirby characters are round and well, this one is round-ish)!

Female
927 posts

shirothekittehlover • 3 April 2023 at 1:03 AM

@wonder404exe
Thank you /gen 🥺

@noman15
Tbh that's the vibe I was aiming for lol

@opalquinze
Didn't have that in mind when I first designed it, but I could see it :0

Extra pings:
@nut
@moonflower

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 27 December 2023 at 3:56 PM

when i tell you that i need this springy little fool (affectionate) in my life. i need it like YESTERDAYYYYYYYYYY

@dragrawr
@daisycat
@kataclysm
@cho

Female
2,552 posts

dragrawr • 27 December 2023 at 4:11 PM

@redflipflap @shirothekittehlover

AAA I do need the springy boy I need it NEOW

Female
2,216 posts

ashlinnhi • 27 December 2023 at 11:57 PM

omg i wasn't aware there was a topic already!! i love this little guy so much, he's soo so cute 🥺 and that creature description is wonderful, would 100% use cerevae in my baking

ping pong
@twinkle
@chihiro_sang
@komore
@appleblizzard

321 posts

chihiro_sang • 28 December 2023 at 12:02 AM

I love the design, but as there was a fungi creature release week 2 years ago, I'm not sure if there will be a theme month soon.

Female
927 posts

shirothekittehlover • 28 December 2023 at 12:46 AM

@redflipflap @dragrawr
Springy lil critters indeed (also tyyyyy ;0; )

@ashlinnhi
Ty, and stay tuned for the final version of the creature desc ;]

@chihiro_sang
Tbh, good point- (also ty!)

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 28 December 2023 at 2:13 PM

commenting again because im so ready to be a nuisance about this guy.

i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him i need him ❤️

Female
927 posts

shirothekittehlover • 15 January 2024 at 2:39 PM

@/redflipflap
Glad to know that you like this funny lil buddything :]

So uhhh @wonder404exe @noman15 @opalquinze sry for the pings but the art's been updated now 👉👈

181 posts

noman15 • 15 January 2024 at 2:48 PM

Honestly, I still think it looks like a yeast fairy, though maybe a little more rabbit like now.

1,962 posts

opalquinze • 15 January 2024 at 4:18 PM

i don’t mind the name change, so the new one’s good! colors are definitely more refined (cuz i think you had the hex codes for it before?), but i think the Discord link is screwing up the page (cuz on my end, the link’s going off your post) so maybe use a URL shortener for it?

sorry if i don’t have much to say, words are hard to come up

Female
927 posts

shirothekittehlover • 15 January 2024 at 4:54 PM

@noman15
Rabbit like, you say? Hmmm, could that be the feet? :0c

@opalquinze
Yay!! \o/
Well, yea I did have hex codes for the colors b4, but I also made slight tweaks to them for the redraw, hehe-
(Also, transparent image link's been updated, you're welcome o7)

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 16 January 2024 at 2:34 AM

@shirothekittehlover
I love this creature idea! looks so fuzzy 😃

Female
927 posts

shirothekittehlover • 16 January 2024 at 3:50 AM

@murfijs
Ty ^^

181 posts

noman15 • 16 January 2024 at 11:20 AM

I meant the antennae and feet now look more rabbit like.

Female
927 posts

shirothekittehlover • 5 days ago

Bump'd!