Option to Remove a User from Message Thread

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,303 posts

daisycat • 17 April 2023 at 2:35 AM

Messages can only have 50 recipients. Only users themselves can remove themselves from a message thread. Let's say there are already 50 recipients in one message and five of them are inactive and haven't logged onto Egg Cave in weeks. Now, there are active players who are not part of this message, but would like to be added. They can't be added because there isn't room and the inactive users cannot be removed by the message creator.

What if the inactive users never come on again? They are taking up space that could go to another user. Message creators should have the option to remove users in their message thread.

Also side note, EC mail needs an organization or folder system and a search function. Please.

Female
2,552 posts

dragrawr • 17 April 2023 at 2:48 AM

Yes! This! Mail is always so difficult to shift through, and I often find it frustrating to navigate. I agree with this!! @daisycat

Male
94 posts

matcha • 23 April 2023 at 2:14 PM

This is a good idea. It's strange you can't remove recipients to begin with. Seems like a normal feature to have

Female
1,303 posts

daisycat • 1 May 2023 at 11:09 AM

Hoping this will get more traction. :,)

Please give us the option to remove users from a message. :-(
If message creators can add them, why can't we remove them too?

1,558 posts

dragonii • 5 May 2023 at 4:27 PM

I love the idea of message creators being able to remove users from group DMs.
Im honestly surprised it isn't already added, but I guess I can see why its not. :0