📧 Mail Sorting Folders

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Do you want folders to organize your mail?

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 2 April 2019 at 1:47 PM

Pretty sure this has been put out there before, but not sure.

I don't know about everyone else out there, but I got alot of mail.
I would archive/delete some, but I want to keep most for records of trades, or to save them for some other reason.
I'd really love it if we could have an inbox and then tabs/folders that we can sort them into.
The layout would probably look just like what we have now, but along the left, there is a list of tabs. The home screen of the mail would be all unsorted conversations and newest messages.

Here is a quick sketch of what I think it'd look like:
https://sta.sh/0ka07nlkhhh

EDIT 2022: Also It'd be insanely helpful if you could search by participants and/or titles at least.

Thoughts?

Non-binary
1,428 posts

asrieldreemurr • 12 May 2019 at 12:38 AM

@prairie This would be helpful, so I like it!

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 9 October 2022 at 12:02 PM

Getting this topic re-active and talked about.
I've been trying to sort though/find some things in my near 20-pages worth of mail convos and I remebered how BADLY I feel this needs to be a thing.

Pings:
@ian
@meteoroid

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 9 October 2022 at 12:19 PM

@prairie It is definitely something I'd use if it were implemented! (Good sketch btw!)

But while we're on the subject of message system improvements...

First and foremost I'd like to be able to SEE who the other participant(s) is(are) at a quick glance instead of having to open messages and then click on the arrow. That in and of itself would help me find messages SO much quicker.

And also be able to recover archived messages. It's been a subject of frustration for more than a few players over the years. ...not knowing where they went. (It's not listed anywhere on the site officially what happens to them, then we find out by asking in the forums that the other person in the conversation has to reply for it for it to appear again.)

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 9 October 2022 at 1:01 PM

@prairie I feel like this is extremely important, and the search system too. I have a ton of messages, and I would also like to sort them. And especially what @snowywinter said about seeing who the other participants even are.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 10 October 2022 at 11:28 AM

@snowywinter
Being able to see who is in a mail all at once would be super nice FOR SURE. I 100% agree with you on that.
Achieved message viewing would also be super nice.
Those are both things that'd make a great addition.

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 31 March 2023 at 11:20 PM

@prairie
I'm surprised there isn't more traction on this excellent idea!

I'd love to have folders to sort and organize my messages. It's pretty crazy having them how they are right now lol. And no search option makes it even worse. :v

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 17 April 2023 at 12:29 PM

Searching mail would be insanely helpful! And having stuff organized is always soooo nice. Totally support this!