Quick click feature

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Non-binary
5 posts

dragonjmk • 29 April 2023 at 12:49 AM

I wish there was a quick feed/click feature for the cave? I have carpal tunnel so it can get really tiring to click and move individually through everyone's caves.

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 29 April 2023 at 3:14 AM

@dragonjmk
Part of me feels that a quick feed type system on the current ec reward scheme, could be easily abused. To much ec entering to quickly.

In saying that........
Do you Egg Cave on a computer? Either desktop or laptop. Something with a keyboard.

I have arthritis in both hands. Have for years. My feeding routine involves:
- Opening multiple tabs of creatures. I use an extension called Linkclump on Chrome to do so. It involves holding the Z key, and then holding the left mouse button and moving the mouse to select a bunch. It will open 15 at a time on profiles, but can zoom out to do a full page in the XC. I'll open 100 to 300 creatures.
- Click on a creatures tab. Position the mouse over the feed bar and click. Don't scroll the page.
-Use Ctrl + W to close the tab.
- Click, and close on repeat. You can hold down the Ctrl button while feeding. Pop up boxes for collecting seeds in Oct and choc boxes in Feb, aren't effected, and you can close the tab with the pop up with no extra movement.

This way your not moving your hands around as much. The mouse can stay in one place, and so does your left hand. On event days, I find I can even set up supports for my wrists and hands to make them more comfortable.
I started using the opening program (I think it was Snaplinks) a couple of years ago after seeing it mentioned as OK by a mid in response to someone else.

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 29 April 2023 at 4:39 AM

@minnie298a has really great advice, I actually started using that method after she mentioned it in a blog post (I think) and it's really super helpful. I've compared the way my hands feel after clicking through a 100-creature cove normally, and after doing it minnie's way, and it's definitely not as hard on the hands.

@dragonjmk I'm curious what you would envision for a suggestion like this? Are you talking something like a 'feed all' button, or just an easier way to go through creatures (like without having to click/move as much)? Currently, if you click fast enough (like with minnie's method), you'll run into a red 'too many feed requests!' message roughly every 17-23 creatures and you have to wait a few seconds before you can feed again. How would that work with a quick-feed feature?