Massive Ads Bombardment [Answered]

in Problems & Bugs

77 posts

salvalli • 1 June 2023 at 12:18 PM

Tl;dr, I’ve heard that we’re supposed to modbox these things, but I can’t find how to do that. (How do I do that?/Is this something that I can modbox?)

Anyway…

I play on mobile. There are banner ads, and that’s fine. Up top, down the sides, at the bottom of the page. Fine.

Showing me gross stuff I don’t want to see for app games I’ll never play? Fine. I’ll just avoid using the site until they cycle out.

But now I have… tabs? They pop up from the bottom and cover a good third of my screen. I can hide them, but if I’m in the cave, it pops up again when the page instantly reloads.sometimes they pop down from the top of my screen.

Mostly it’s Jimmy Deens (sp?), but sometimes shovelware app games. It’s making it near impossible to play. Case in point, I’m typing some of this post blind, because one is covering part of this text box. Can I collapse it? Yes. But I wanted to give an approximate visual of how much these tabs are covering.

I wanna try to do the daily click challenges, but that’s not going to happen with these ads. They slow my loading times down to a crawl when it already takes minutes instead of seconds to feed creatures. I really don’t want to resort to ad blockers, but I will if it’s the only why I can access the site comfortably.

Otherwise… how do I modbox things? Is there a button I’m overlooking? Is there something in settings? In one of the navigation bars? I tried clicking on an ad to report it and it doesn’t give me those kinds of options.

Or… is making this kind a post how we modbox things around here?

Sorry for any typos. Thanks in advance to all who take the time to read and offer help.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 June 2023 at 4:09 PM

@salvalli

Apologies, but I'm going off of context, I've never heard the term Modbox before. (I'm old and reclusive.) I'm assuming you want to send a Ticket/ use the Contact Us form? (It's found on the VERY bottom of the page in the smaller text. Along with site rules and all that jazz.)

Hope this helps! (the ads are driving a lot of people bonkers. ...and sending some details will hopefully improve the situation.)

77 posts

salvalli • 1 June 2023 at 6:06 PM

Ah, yes, that is exactly what Modbox means and what I wanted. (I'm not young either, but I'm guessing it's a contraction of 'Moderator' and 'Inbox', because it's how you bring it to a Moderator's attention.)

I'm so used to contact us and sending tickets being two separate, distinct things, I never would have thought to click it, thank you.

Now that I know what to do, I'll get on it after I'm home from work.

Thank you again, and have a good day!