Retired Item Showing as Common

in Problems & Bugs

Female
54 posts

sunduck • 12 June 2023 at 12:10 PM

I grabbed some Chocolate Chip Blondies from Donations and see that they are retired, but still listed as a common rarity instead of unobtainable. Is this intended?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 23 June 2023 at 9:09 PM

@sunduck I was hoping someone would have answered this for you by now as i often forget the specifics (I believe I asked about something similar in the past but heck if i can remember if it had an explanation or was asked to send in tickets about such matters so the listing could be corrected.)

My theory, (and I could be WAY off about this,) is that Food items unlike retired Toy items are still single use. If they were to get the r100 rating maybe there's something in the coding that makes it harder to distinguish between single and multiple use.

Or they just retain the rarity rating they had at time of release.

*shrug emoji* ???

At any rate I'm confused too and hoping some clarity can be shed on it.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 24 June 2023 at 12:04 AM

@sunduck @snowywinter

Hi, I can answer this!

This item used to be available in the Bakery before, but was part of a large group of items that got retired. So yes, the 'common' rarity is correct, but so is the retired. The only items that have a rarity of 100 are items that are released from events (ie: Advent Tree, Easter Egg Hunt, etc) or are CC travels (which have the little CC mark next to them). Also, this item IS one use, so once it is used, it will be gone.

So TLDR; yes, this is intended

Female
54 posts

sunduck • 24 June 2023 at 12:08 AM

I appreciate you guys taking the time to answer this thread. Thank you so much.

@newlife @snowywinter

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 24 June 2023 at 12:08 AM

Thanks @newlife! ^^