[GOT IN YAY]πŸ”₯🐍 Ceratiun 🐍 πŸ”₯[SUMMER/random SUGESSTION]

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
2,554 posts

dragrawr • 16 June 2023 at 6:14 PM

Look! Another Dragrawr creature suggestion! surprise surprise it's another dragon-looking dude #creaturesuggestion

This is the Ceratiun! The name Diastili could also be used, either works! It's a grumpy, toothy beast ready to spit fire at any moment.

It is inspired by a blue tongue skink, a ringneck snake, and a dragon/ foo dog. Hope you enjoy!

πŸ”₯🐍 I don't mind whatever month fits, summer, random theme, something, dunno! Go ham πŸ”₯🐍

Small Details

Gender Profile: Masculine

Habitat: The Volcano / The Fiery Shadows πŸ”₯

πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯
Linky:

https://www.deviantart.com/dragrawr/art/Ceratiun-blah-blah-967465742
πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Onto the description now....🐍

Egg:

Ouch! Careful touching this egg- it is way too hot to touch with your bare hands! The tail seems to be hissing...

Creature:

Once hatched, the Ceratiun's first interaction is with its own tail. The snake-like being connected to its main body is already full of knowledge of the world around it and guides the young beast. The snake tail will scold the creature if it makes mistakes and is seemingly a very bold tail to have.

Ceratiun's warm themselves on volcanic rocks to raise their external temperatures to about 400 degrees, instantly burning whatever dares to touch it. Though, no one will ever get close to this monstrous beast, as adolescent Ceratiun's have a nasty temper. As a show of their power they will show their teeth to any passersby, blowing small puffs of extremely hot blue fire at them. This fire's temperature is well over 3,000 degrees and can melt anything in its way. The snake tail picks up on this fiery attitude and further influences its spitfire personality.

The red and orange coloration is adorned with blue markings alongside it, and those markings are the hottest to touch. Its black curly mane absorbs every bit of sunlight it receives, raising its body temperature and contributing to its common nickname, "The Flamewalker Beast." Its sharp, curved horns and the snake's long horns and venom dwelling fangs intimidate all other creatures around. The blue tongue of this creature will often stick out in a territorial display, right before the destructive blue flame emerges from its flame sac, flowing past its razor-sharp teeth.

Never, ever, enter the Flamewalker Beast's domain. Survival is not considered in this beast's eyes.

That's all! Thank you for viewing this. :] πŸ”₯🐍

deciding not to ping anyone this time and just see how it does-

Important ping, however:
@Ian

#dragrawrscreatures

Female
54 posts

sunduck • 16 June 2023 at 9:23 PM

This hits all my 'loves' when it comes to creatures.

It's edgy.
It's spikey.
It's a dragon-thing... not lizard (it totally doesn't do that tongue thing.... well, its tail does BUT ANYWAY).

There isn't even a stage of the Ceratiun that I don't like - though my favorite may be the hatchling stage. The tail really does seem to be the "parent" there. 10/10

Take my money.

@vivian
@daisycat

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 17 June 2023 at 5:29 AM

@dragrawr
Fierce-looking? Check. Dragon? Check. Coolness in general? Also check.
This creature is very epic πŸ‘Œ
Also I lope how the first hatched stage butt heads with the snake tail lol

@wonder404exe
@distorted

Female
166 posts

vivian • 17 June 2023 at 6:22 AM

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€ ο½₯ ο½‘οΎŸβ˜…: *.β˜ͺ .* : ───┐

Oo! Very unique design. I love it!
Maybe adding thicker outlines or darker colors may help? I don't know if thats just my vision ^^;

What do you think?
@astralrebel
@kataclysm

└─── ο½₯ ο½‘οΎŸβ˜…: *.β˜ͺ .* :β”€β”€β”€β”˜

Female
1,307 posts

daisycat • 17 June 2023 at 10:29 AM

@dragrawr
Very cool! The snakey tail is so cute and the head-to-head baby stage is precious. 😊
It's nifty how the name is a homophone for serration (in my head), as this creature looks like it fits the definition of serration. x)

Thank you for the ping, Sunny! ❀️

Female
2,554 posts

dragrawr • 17 June 2023 at 11:06 AM

@sunduck thank you so much!! This is such a detailed and kind comment and a pleasure to wake up to tbh 😭😭 thank you so much for your support !! πŸ”₯

@shirothekittehlover the butting heads thing was really fun to make, it’s so silly I just had to do it. Thanks for your continued support ! 🐍

@vivian hi! Thank you for your input! However, the first stage is meant to be dull coloration as the snake is the one mainly protecting the little one and the more the sun touches its skin the more saturated it becomes as it grows. The bright coloration is also a mechanism to warn others that it does have venom and it uses it to be flashy because they are feisty little things CX thicker lines can be done at the artist’s discretion, thicker lines are harder for me to use since it can mess with anatomy and detailing, and the lines are already pretty thick especially around the prominent mouth area. Thank you so much for your support though Viv I appreciate the feedback as well!!! πŸ”₯

@daisycat OH! I didn’t even think about that!!! That’s actually hilarious. And thank you so much for your support IK glad you enjoy it! Everyone is digging the second stage baby and it’s my favorite so I’m happy CX πŸ”₯🐍

Demifluid
1,507 posts

wonder404exe • 17 June 2023 at 11:40 AM

@dragrawr
https://ibb.co/g6HcbpJ

I LOVE AAHTOJDGKWKFHJRBRB ;_;
HFJSHFJEHBR MORE FOOOOOOOOD-
MOREEEE AWSOME CREATURES/SNAKIES

Female
166 posts

vivian • 17 June 2023 at 11:42 AM

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€ ο½₯ ο½‘οΎŸβ˜…: *.β˜ͺ .* : ───┐

@dragrawr Hey! Yeah I absolutely love the idea of the colors developing!
I'm sorry I suck at explaining things haha, I meant like making the brighter colors pop more by giving it a blue/purple underbelly type thing, etc.
I hope this kinda explains what I mean ^^;

└─── ο½₯ ο½‘οΎŸβ˜…: *.β˜ͺ .* :β”€β”€β”€β”˜

321 posts

chihiro_sang • 21 June 2023 at 9:16 AM

Cool, this dragon's way of development sounds interesting.

Other
137 posts

pauloacacio • 21 June 2023 at 9:43 AM

It's got the colors of passion!

181 posts

noman15 • 23 June 2023 at 2:29 PM

I love the color scheme of this dragon foo dog.

Female
1,146 posts

valorieviolet • 28 June 2023 at 5:29 PM

@dragrawr

Yes, yes, yesss! I love your creature suggestions so much, I'm so happy to see you suggest another one ❀️

The little snake-like tail is soo adorable (I hope it doesn't mind me calling it adorable lol) and I really like how protective it is over the creature. Also, side note - the colors of the Ceratiun make me think of the Zinhir, one of my favorite fiery creatures!

I could see this being released as a CSP or even during CRW! In any case, I hope to see the Ceratiun chosen soon!