Cave Bating clarifications?

in Help & Questions

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 21 July 2023 at 12:21 PM

In the blog post it was a little ambiguous, but it sounds like everybody has the same three species to choose from, correct?

My main question though is the bait. Is that random per player, or do we all have the same pre-selected set each day?

(for comparison,
Day 2, July 21st for me:
Bait: Beginning Stash (Chiye Stage 1)
Species: Luminette, Icenyro, Snawler )

Female
258 posts

juniperrains • 21 July 2023 at 12:40 PM

@snowywinter I think you're right about us all having the same three species to choose from because mine are the same as yours. The only difference was that I was asked for a How To Train Your Ghostar as bait instead of a travel. In other words, I think the bait is random.

Female
2,715 posts

jlya • 21 July 2023 at 12:59 PM

@snowywinter
I have the same creature options but Topsy Turvy Room is the bait for me.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 21 July 2023 at 1:08 PM

Thank you @juniperrains & @jlya for helping me work this out ^^ Much appreciated.

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 21 July 2023 at 1:26 PM

@snowywinter

As far as I understood too, is that the bait also changes once you've used it, so it won't ask for the same item again and again

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 21 July 2023 at 1:36 PM

@newlife I haven't tested it out yet, but I understood it to read that way too. (Which is good, helps from draining stock of anything too quickly I'd hope.)

I think if anyone was getting the same item request repeatedly that would be cause for sending a Ticket (or posting in the Bugs forum.)

- - - -

Hey! I just realized! This is going to help move the Bean Sack items out of people's User Shops! Won't just be us collectors anymore! ^^

Female
927 posts

shirothekittehlover • 21 July 2023 at 7:22 PM

> Hey! I just realized! This is going to help move the Bean Sack items out of people's User Shops! Won't just be us collectors anymore! ^^

Finallyyyyyy-

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 21 July 2023 at 9:30 PM

@snowywinter
My day two creatures are the same as well. Currently requesting a Floating Candles (travel), but I haven't been baiting today as I don't desire the creatures.

Because it was new, I took notes yesterday (decided I'm not going to keep doing that). My creatures were a Yazan, Nomtuk and Suckerlop. I used 3 items only because I had more than 2 of them in my Strongroom and I was curious. Star in the Brambles (Snort Stage 4), Pink Heart Valentine Loaf and Nautical Drum of Ice Cream (4th item was Bean Shop thing, but I didn't write it down). Didn't get the creature I baited, but did get a monthly.

Overall, I like the concept. Not a fan of the practicalities so far, but that is more a "Me" problem as I haven't been interested in the creatures being offered. Maybe if there was a way to manually refresh the offered creatures.....

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 21 July 2023 at 10:21 PM

@minnie298a I see the point coming up often for creature refreshes.
Maybe we could have something like with 10 (12, 15?) baits in a day someone could earn a refresh with a different bait item?
One could still continue baiting for the initial 3 if they wanted, but using the alternative bait item would trigger a mystery refresh of 3 new creatures.

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 22 July 2023 at 12:14 AM

@snowywinter
Personally, if it was something that triggered after 1 or 2 baits, I might implement it. But after 10, I would feel that it was a waste of items that could be used to get VEND tokens. Maybe a time lapse, eg after 12 noon, or At the moment, I'm thinking randomizing the creatures between players would be a start.

However, it's a new feature, and experience has shown these things are often tweaked in the first couple of weeks.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 22 July 2023 at 12:49 AM

@minnie298a
I think a noon refresh would be fair. even more so I'm curious why this wasn't chosen to be random per player (perhaps so everyone has an exact same chance of getting each creature?)
(an alternate way to look at it is if someone is trying to get a particular cave common it's easier to work together toward getting one. For example I have someone I swap with regularly for Quests, and we rarely bother eith exchanging EC, just using the gift option. Pretty sure it would be to our advantage to be focused on the same creature on the same day so we're on and swapping items at the same-ish time.)

And you are correct, these new features usually are tweaked as feedback comes in.

Personally I have no qualms with the way it is. (other than Aesthetics, Like I wish I could collapse it when i'm not interested in it, or the special were below the main.) But I don't see objecting to if it were to become more randomized either. The suggestions people make on new features are always interesting to see ^^

Female
2,552 posts

dragrawr • 22 July 2023 at 1:06 AM

Didn’t get a single one using bait 10 times @snowywunter

Each bait is a different item after use