Collapse Baiting Box

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 31 July 2023 at 8:25 AM

This is just a short, sweet suggestion to make visiting the Cave more efficient for those on mobile: It would be awesome if we could collapse the baiting box on the Cave page.

As it is right now, the page auto scrolls down to where the eggs used to be, but that is now where baiting resides, making it necessary to scroll past it manually to reach the eggs every time.

I'm not sure how it appears on desktop because I'm almost exclusively on mobile nowadays, but I feel being able to collapse the baiting box would be useful for many!

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 31 July 2023 at 8:34 AM

@pipkitten I definitely support this suggestion!! I view Eggcave from both mobile and desktop and I share the same concern about having to scroll past it manually cuz they're usually commons and already have a higher chance to spawn compared to monthlies. I don't plan on using the feature anymore after having wasted so many good items just to only get a successful bait after 11 tries. I would also suggest baiting to feature monthlies instead of commons or even increase the chance to 50%.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 31 July 2023 at 11:09 PM

In full support of being able to collapse it or in the very least move Baiting options to under the main eggs.

Most days so far I've had little interest in the options available and would rather not have to scroll past it.

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 31 July 2023 at 11:37 PM

I agree with this.
Like others, I've had no interest in most of the creatures being offered. I've used the feature probably 14 times since it's introduction. 3 on the first day, even though I didn't want the species offered, but it was new and shiny and I had over 5 of each of the items it asked for. 10 (with out success) on a day with a monthly (again, I had spares of the items asked for), and 1 today to see if baiting counts towards Use/Consume tasks (and NO, it doesn't).

I can see 3 options:
1 - Collapsible box. Like the dailies one that stays closed until you open it again.
2 - Moving the box below the "normal" selections.
3 - Adjust the auto scroll so it default shows the "normal" section instead of the baiting section. So you need to manually scroll up if your interested.

And some sort of adjustment to the selections would also be nice, but that's not what this is directly about. Although it may increase my chances of using the feature and therefore not being as annoyed by having to scroll past it.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 August 2023 at 1:16 AM

@minnie298a brings up a point that's also been on my mind (know it's a little off topic for this thread, but i keep forgetting to post elsewhere....) Is I keep wondering if using items on Cave Baiting could ever count for the use/consume dailies, or if that was only ever intended for direct interaction with our creatures?
(It is consuming items so i wholeheartedly believe it should count.)

Female
2,715 posts

jlya • 1 August 2023 at 11:47 AM

Fully support collapsing bait box! ❤️

Female
2,552 posts

dragrawr • 1 August 2023 at 3:52 PM

@pipkitten yes PLEASE