Travels that are a few pixels more in height

in Problems & Bugs

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 16 September 2023 at 7:10 PM

There are two travels that are a few pixels more in height than all the other travels. It's always bothered me because I don't like how the travel "touches" the creature's name, versus the usual space that is between the two areas. Just want them all to match lol. Not the biggest issue, but I figured I'd finally post about it.

Underwater Coral Reefs
Ark City Sewers

Example: https://ibb.co/HxDNx0m

If anyone has noticed this with other travels, please post below!

If this is not the correct forum, please transfer. 😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 16 September 2023 at 8:32 PM

maybe there'd be a way to add more space between the travels and the names?

(personally I think most travels are a bit too short, like a picture that gets overly cropped. I feel like some creatures get too crowded.)

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 16 September 2023 at 8:49 PM

@snowywinter
Hmm, I believe it would be much easier to just remove a few rows of pixels from the bottom of the aforementioned travels. That's what I'm hoping EC can do.

I totally get what you're saying with the creatures getting crowded! For some larger creatures, you can't see much of the travel. In the same vein, some creatures get lost (to me) when they are the same color(s) as the travel.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 16 September 2023 at 8:57 PM

I don't know if having to re-upload an image would break the image / remove the travel altogether. ...even if it was named exactly the same. or if it would be like when corrections are done to stock items and our inventory remains untouched (i just don't know how that would affect applied images.)
Whereas I'd think the number of pixels between the images and names would be a quick one digit change. (But unsure how it would affect spacing on other areas of the page.)
Either method could be easy, or have potential to break something >.<

It would be great with the creature to image ratio if we could choose the portion of the image we'd want to use per creature... but that's a bit more involved/interactive than the simplicity EC goes for. lol.
(Getting lost in a color is mostly a user's selection issue. But I agree.)

- - - - - -

10 Oct 1:20ish PM I put Where the Moon Sleeps on my Ookull. Now in my profile pic in the navigation bar (at the top of the page on desktop/laptop computers (and probably some larger tablets, ) there is a white space at the bottom. With the darker colors of the travel, creature, and Eggcave theme, it really stands out. The pic is already too small in my opinion, so I don't think cutting off pixels would necessarily be the solution.