Inventory Action Suggestions

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 7 October 2023 at 3:03 PM

Just a couple quality of life suggestions. 😊

When sending an item to a friend, a pop-up window states:

 Item Sent
 This item has been sent to your friend. They have been notified.

I would like the pop-up to state the recipient as a confirmation.

 Item Sent
 This item has been sent to your friend @matcha. They have been notified.

When sending items to your shop, a pop-up window states:

 Items Moved
 You've successfully sent 5 items from your Inventory to your Shop.

I would like the text "Shop" to be a link to your shop stock so you can price any newly added items.

 Items Moved
 You've successfully sent 5 items from your Inventory to your Shop.

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 7 October 2023 at 6:46 PM

@daisycat I absolutely support these especially the first one!! I always have to ask the other user if they've received it because there's no other way to know that I typed in the correct username, even after double checking it still makes me uncertain ☹️

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 7 October 2023 at 7:01 PM

@twinkle
Right?! >.<

I got this idea because I was sending an item back to someone after a trade (kataclysm). I started typing her username... kat... and then my browser autofilled her username as I have typed it before... but it appeared differently than before (my computer / browser did recently have an update). I hit enter, assuming that would be like "yes" to actually inputting the autofill suggestion (which it usually is for me). Instead, it sent the item! And I didn't know if it entered the full username or if it was still just what I started typing (kat). So I went to try and duplicate what I just did, but with matcha's username, typed "mat" and "matcha" showed up and I hit enter. It tried to send the item and said that user doesn't exist... scrolled down and it said "mat" even though I hit enter assuming I was agreeing to the autofill like I have many past times. XD Sooo I sent the item to the user kat. So I bought another to send back to kataclysm lol.

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 7 October 2023 at 7:36 PM

@daisycat That happens when I use my phone!! I avoid autofills because that had also happened to me before. I'm just glad that it wasn't CC ;w; I would prefer a confirmatory message before sending like "Are you sure you'd like to send this item to @daisycat?"

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 7 October 2023 at 7:39 PM

@twinkle
YES exactly that's an even better idea than what I said! (Or both would be good hehe.) To me, this seems like an easily implementable feature... so I am hopeful. ^^

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 7 October 2023 at 11:48 PM

Yes, yes, YES, PLEASE having confirmation before sending to someone!
(or even after for peace of mind, but before would be VERY useful.)

Female
760 posts

okami • 9 October 2023 at 12:28 PM

@daisycat

I support both of the suggestions, especially the first one! I always get so nervous when sending items because there is really no confirmation about who it was sent to, so if you make a typo or something... oops. x-x It'd be nice if it either showed the name of the user like you mentioned, or maybe even show a preview of their current profile pet prior to sending so you can be assured that it is going to the right person.

Or, kinda in line with that suggestion, I feel like it'd be nice if item transfers were set up the same way as creature transfers where you can see what items are leaving and who they're going to. And most importantly, there could be the option to cancel a transfer which would be huge in the scenario that you accidentally send an item to the wrong user.

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 9 October 2023 at 2:53 PM

@daisycat
Highly in favor of both, especially the first one. I always have to type the username super carefully and then still proceed to second guess myself after sending xD I would love a small confirmation message, or an "Are you sure you would like to send this item to @daisycat?" to prevent confusion.

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 3 November 2023 at 11:49 AM

I think this would be super helpful, especially for those of us that are kinda idly doing things on Eggcave and zone out >.> great idea! ❤️