Lights on game

in General

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 8 October 2023 at 2:33 PM

Hello, Welcome to the lights on game. The rules are simple just post trick or treat in the forums and gift the user above you.The gifts don't have to be anything big just a travel or creature the other user might like its up to you what you would like to send ❤️ please don't judge anyone on gifts sent, this is just for fun and to hopefully bring people together ❤️

Female
2,555 posts

dragrawr • 8 October 2023 at 2:36 PM

@thedarkarcher I think this would be lovely !! I think it’s super cute and brings the community together

What do you think @twinkle @daisycat @wonder404exe @redflipflap

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 8 October 2023 at 2:37 PM

OH SO THIS IS WHAT I SEE PEOPLE DO LAST YEAR
funs

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 8 October 2023 at 2:38 PM

This sounds so fun! I have a bunch of items chillin in my strongroom, I'm game. Time to start hoarding monthlies and other seasonal critters

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 8 October 2023 at 2:39 PM

@dragrawr yeah that what I Always loved about this game to be able to relax and connect with people ❤️ Thanks so much for pinging people, your the best ❤️

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 8 October 2023 at 2:42 PM

@thedarkarcher
I love this idea! How cute and fun! 😊

Thank you for the ping @dragrawr! ❤️

I will definitely be putting lights on! Come trick or treat at my cove! Disclaimer: May be doing this closer to Halloween.

However, I'm too... well, not shy or nervous, maybe anxious? I'm too idk the word to be asking "trick or treat" to other users. XD I just don't like asking for things. ^^' Idk maybe I'll do it or force myself to. I just feel like a bother lol.

Female
2,555 posts

dragrawr • 8 October 2023 at 2:44 PM

@daisycat maybe we can normalize using emojis instead of saying trick or treat !! Like “ 👻 🍬 “

But I’m glad to see you join in as well!! I’ll join in soon enough, maybe another few days 💕

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 8 October 2023 at 2:46 PM

@daisycat thanks for the support on this. I understand that feeling of asking but something I've learned on this site is sometimes people just want to gift to others too. You don't have to ask if you don't feel comfortable whatever would be more fun for you. Just know you can always ask on my wall and they will never be any judgement for asking.

@dragrawr
I like the idea of the emojis it might be more fun tbh. If you guys would like to come up with some ideas I would be happy to incorporate them ❤️

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 8 October 2023 at 2:46 PM

@dragrawr
Oh it's not about words versus emoticons lol, it's just in general, don't like asking for things. 😖 But I like that idea! Makes it extra cute and you can get creative with which ones you use. c:

Edit:

@thedarkarcher
You're so sweet, Sophie! Yeah I definitely get the gifting others thing, that's nearly my favorite thing to do on this site when I'm able. x)

Female
2,555 posts

dragrawr • 8 October 2023 at 2:49 PM

@thedarkarcher @daisycat YAYA fun emojis!! 🎃 🕷️ 🍭

Female
388 posts

cryogenics • 8 October 2023 at 2:50 PM

how about having a forum thread where ppl can participate, where you trick or treat the person above you.

i cant imagine this playing out evenly when only a few end up giving treats to potential hordes .

so the 'lights on' would be everyone participating in the thread.
you comment with trick or treat to the person above you, your light is on.

perhaps a rule to not post for at least 2-3 post (ie wait before going lights on).

just a thought....

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 8 October 2023 at 3:30 PM

@cryogenics sound like a good idea ill see what everyone thinks about the it ❤️ Thanks for you thoughts on this ❤️

@dragrawr @daisycat @redflipflap @wonder404exe
What do you guys think about the forum idea. Whichever you prefer I'm happy to go with ❤️

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 8 October 2023 at 3:32 PM

@thedarkarcher my smoothbrain might get a lil confused @ the forum thing, so it sounds like a good idea, but I’m gonna need some PAINFULLY detailed instructions😊 r/explaintomelikeim5 type things

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 8 October 2023 at 3:34 PM

@redflipflap so it's pretty much just gifting the last user who posted. You write trick or treat and the next person who posts would sent you a gift.

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 8 October 2023 at 3:37 PM

@thedarkarcher ooooo I understand everything now. There’s like, no expectation for it to be something crazy like a WL creature or something right?

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 8 October 2023 at 3:37 PM

@thedarkarcher @cryogenics
I like the forum idea! I think either (or both) would be good. To have a forum where the user below "trick or treats" the user above, but only for the month of October. Could reach a larger audience that way.

And also, if desired, anyone can still have "Lights On" as their status and receive wall posts with "trick or treat". 😊

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 8 October 2023 at 3:42 PM

@redflipflap yeah It would just be something you would feel comfortable with Like a pretty travel or item/creatures you have spare that someone collects. Its just about having fun and connecting with people.

@daisycat I think that would work nicely to be honest to make this hopefully more bigger and fun. I think having both won't harm anyone and people can choose what side to do ❤️

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 8 October 2023 at 3:48 PM

I'm gonna stock up on candy specifically so it feels even more trick-or-treaty. ^^

Maybe sprinkle in a few 50 CC vouchers, and just hand out the items in the order they're in my inventory, so it's nice and random. I remember growing up, one house would give out one dollar bills and it was waaay better than candy. XD

Another story, since it's kind of on topic... When I was around 12 years old, I made a Pillsbury Doughboy costume because I was obsessed with him. I didn't have any friends to go trick or treating with, and since I didn't grow up in a neighborhood, my dad drove me to a nearby neighborhood, and followed me around in his car as I went alone house to house.
At one house, a woman opened the door holding a big bowl of "fun size" candy bars.
"Trick or treat!"
"Ohh!! A Pillsbury Doughgirl! Are you... all by yourself...?"
"Yes."
She looked thoughtful, "Hm... hold on one moment..."
She came back without the bowl of candy, and instead handed me, to my absolute delight, a king-sized chocolate bar!! Because I was a loser trick or treating all by my lonesome LOL. I'll always remember that. It was so sweet. :,)

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 8 October 2023 at 3:51 PM

@daisycat that’s so wholesome!! I just moved into a house last month and I bought a bunch of lil Halloween Mochi squishy fidget toy things and I’m gonna hand those out particularly with kids who may have allergies/strict parents in mind

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 8 October 2023 at 3:53 PM

@redflipflap
Ohhh, your neighbors are gonna love that!! I know I would. 😊 So cute and fun! And really thoughtful, too. It's nice to have a variety. I was always stoked when I'd get like Halloween-themed pencils and such. c:

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 8 October 2023 at 3:55 PM

@daisycat ain’t nothin like getting little goodies and party favors from the Oriental Trading Company

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 8 October 2023 at 3:57 PM

@redflipflap
OMG I was obsessed with looking through that catalog!! I'd always circle the things I wanted. Never did I get anything from there though lmao. My mom's like, "You don't need 500 squishy snails..." or idek. 😭 I'm like yes I do! Yes I doooo!

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 8 October 2023 at 3:58 PM

@daisycat BRO WE’LL PLACE AN ORDER RN ITS FINE. I’ll get 250 squishy bugs with my adult paycheck

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 8 October 2023 at 4:01 PM

@redflipflap
Yes, finally. This sounds like an excellent decision to me. 😃

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 8 October 2023 at 4:03 PM

@daisycat 🤝🤝🤝

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 8 October 2023 at 4:03 PM

@redflipflap @daisycat
Thought I would start the game off I wasn't sure who to send too so I just sent something to both of you, hope you like them ❤️

Trick or treat ❤️

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 8 October 2023 at 4:05 PM

@thedarkarcher
Omg literally something I've been wanting ever since I joined EC. 😭😭😭 Thank you so much, Sophie! You're so generous! ❤️

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 8 October 2023 at 4:06 PM

@thedarkarcher I was wondering what the occasion was 🥹 thank you so much!!

@daisycat INCOMING BUCKO, hope you’re down to clown 🤡

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 8 October 2023 at 4:09 PM

@redflipflap
My jaw literally dropped and almost became unhinged. :,)))) *smiling through the pain* ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ THANK YOU!!!

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 8 October 2023 at 7:59 PM

LIGHTS ON!
Sent mystery item to @daisycat

@thedarkarcher
We used to do this but not a lot of users had been active so it kinda died down so I hope this goes on 😊 I’ll definitely be joining to give away a lot of my extra pets and items. Do we gift the last person who sent a gift or just the last person who posted (thank you’s or posted over someone else without gifting) cuz it might confuse others. Anyway, really nice of you to bring this back!

@daisycat Awww that’s so cute!! It’s nice to know that there are still so many kind-hearted people out there ;w; I never got to wear Halloween costumes as a child cuz trick or treating was never a thing in our city :c

@dragrawr Thank you for the ping ❤️