Creature Suggestion: Couchy

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

How do you feel about inanimate object creatures?

Female
392 posts

redflipflap • 8 October 2023 at 8:25 PM

Hi again, Arkians!! Yes, this is my second Creature Suggestion post today, but we're not gonna talk about that! We're gonna talk about this goofy creature that I sketched out today. Let me know what you think!

Art (sketch): https://shorturl.at/gmnq7

Art (partial color): https://shorturl.at/lBILQ

About the Art:

So I posted both the sketch and the partially colored inn version, because this guy made me feel so indecisive. I couldn't figure out if I wanted the 2nd stage to be one color (like yellow or orange) and last stage being green or something, or if I wanted it to be two shades of green. If the Eggcave team enjoys the product of my smoothbrain, I'll let them decide😊 thank you for your understanding!

About the Couchy:

Have you ever wondered what really happened to your missing socks and other valuables that you set down once you got home from a busy day? Well, the scientists of Ark may have found your answer. The Couchy is one of the comfiest creatures discovered by Arkians. But, it does like to eat keys and other items of importance. The good news is, the Couchy doesn't actually digest them. You can scavenge around for them eventually.

Height: 3ft
Weight: Anywhere from 40lbs-200lbs
Habitat: Ark City

Thank you guys for checking out my goofy creature suggestion. 😊

Random pings: @shelbert67 @dragrawr @daisycat @bunnyshadow

#redflipflapart

Female
1,297 posts

daisycat • 8 October 2023 at 9:19 PM

@redflipflap
Aww Couchy! This is so cute and silly, and very unique. x) The open box stage could very well be a kitty in there hehe... I'd be curious to see what the final colors would be. :0 I think we all need a Couchy or two in our coves for our pets to take a nap on! That is... until they start swallowing our belongings... jk. 😊

@matcha
Check out this comfy critter~

Male
92 posts

matcha • 8 October 2023 at 9:53 PM

This is great! I had no idea how to answer your poll lol but I love the creature suggestion!!

I still don't know how to answer the poll lol

Female
2,546 posts

dragrawr • 8 October 2023 at 10:41 PM

@redflipflap please please an April fools creature. I need it.

Female
392 posts

redflipflap • 9 October 2023 at 11:18 AM

@daisycat I’m kinda growing fond of the inanimate object creatures! The tractor one weirds me out but other than that!

@matcha it’s not a test, it’s all good bestie

@dragrawr that was highkey my goal/inspiration

Thank y’all for your lovely comments! Feel free to ping some friends ❤️

Female
2,702 posts

jlya • 9 October 2023 at 2:48 PM

@redflipflap
Aw, this is such a cute idea! ❤️ I love the thought of a couch growing up into a sofa ^^

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 7 November 2023 at 7:02 AM

Ohhh, I think this is super cute, @redflipflap! I think some cool patterns or prints that 'evolve' as the armchair grows into a sofa could be a really nice way to bring this to the next level. Maybe even some lost socks, EC coins, a CC cash voucher poking out of the seat cushions or under the sofa? Maybe a little grabby hand reaching for something...? 👀

Female
392 posts

redflipflap • 7 November 2023 at 8:28 AM

@kataclysm omg like the texture of some sorta ugly velvet chair that you’d find at a thrift store THATS GENIUS