Misleading constellations

in Problems & Bugs

Female
2,413 posts

ida92 • 11 October 2023 at 7:15 AM

Hello,

so I just completed a constellation and got notified that "This isn't the constellation" despite it looking exactly like in the picture. Can this be repaired somehow? Does anyone experience similar issues?

Here's a screen of the issue: https://ibb.co/hRrCdjk

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 11 October 2023 at 7:33 AM

@ida92 Hi! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this but here's my solution for that constellation: https://i.imgur.com/UJnFq0u.png

(Mods please feel free to automatically delete this post if it's not allowed) 😊

Female
1,745 posts

minnie298a • 11 October 2023 at 8:13 AM

@ida92
I'm going to agree with the solution @twinkle supplied, with the top of correct solution for the constellation being the bottom of the middle line of your solution.

I will give one major tip:
The answer has no "stray" or "extra" stars in the zone answer.
So in the solution you gave, the middle line goes through/just past a star in the middle that is not part of the clue. The three stars near the right line are also too close.

In saying that, I find the Goldur one of the hardest purely because it is so simple. Others normally have a close or distinctive grouping to hunt out (eg the tail of the Arpeggiarp, the circle of the Kesko, the big space in the tail of the Biwo) as a starting point.

Female
2,413 posts

ida92 • 11 October 2023 at 8:20 AM

@twinkle @minnie298a now that you pointed that out, I see where the mistake was. It seems logical that there should be no "stray" stars in the middle.

I was just thinking that maybe there could be a way to prevent this? Like for example "programming" the starts not to repeat patterns? I don't know if I'm making myself clear or if this makes any sense.

Female
1,745 posts

minnie298a • 11 October 2023 at 8:32 AM

@ida92
As in there should be only one set per picture to make the solution? While part of me agrees, I think it would take some of the challenge out of it.

Honestly, I probably would have rushed through and gotten the one you posted wrong as well, using the star at the bottom of your left line as my top point, Which would have given a wrong pattern in both the triangular shape and the "line" the three base stars presented. As I said, I find the Goldur one of the hardest ones because it seems so simple, being 3 lines in a pyramid. The more stars, and more complex shapes I find easier as there are way more reference points in the solution.

Female
2,413 posts

ida92 • 12 October 2023 at 2:58 AM

@minnie298a I agree with the statement that the more - the easier (most of the time). But for me it's not always the case - for example I find that the Odon is really easy to find every time, even though it's a simple constellation.

Female
1,745 posts

minnie298a • 12 October 2023 at 4:58 AM

@ida92
I feel the ease of the Odon isn't so much the number of stars but the negative space the wings make. Kind of puts a spotlight on the answer due to the "no extra stars" thing.