Annoying popup ads

in Help & Questions

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 1 November 2023 at 7:03 PM

I ignored them till now, but I'm losing gobblers because of them, I click the gobbler and a freaking popup covers the page, click X to exit the ad and get whoops. I don't want to explain the level of my frustration, because I have to remain civil...

Female
1,743 posts

minnie298a • 1 November 2023 at 7:19 PM

@suzanab
So they don't count!!!! So the couple I struggled to find on my tablet were for naught. (Normally don't Egg Cave on my tablet except for important things like release day).

Haven't noticed it on the desktop, but I do have an adblock in place (mainly for other sites, but it makes feeding here so much easier for me). But nearly every seed I found on my tablet involved an all screen ad that shot up when I clicked the gobbler, and a Whoops message when it was closed.

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 1 November 2023 at 7:23 PM

Oh, wow, so sorry to hear that you have problems too, I don't have any ads anywhere BUT here, recently popups. I only play on my desktop, can't play on my phone. Maybe something can be done about these ads already? They were a bother before, as I recall...

Female
2,554 posts

dragrawr • 1 November 2023 at 8:56 PM

@minnie298a @suzanab

The pop-up entire page ad's are still commencing and when I try to click on a Gobbler it says not found because of the ad. @Ian

Female
5 posts

mistical • 1 November 2023 at 9:36 PM

@suzanab @minnie298a I am having that same exact issue.

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 2 November 2023 at 6:08 AM

@Ian

Please do something about the popups, they mess with our gobblers ☹️

1,965 posts

opalquinze • 2 November 2023 at 8:38 AM

weird how this isn’t happening on my end, since anytime i get a popup and exit out of it (either by the “x” or “close” option), i get a Gobbler just like usual? (keep in mind, i’ve done it on both mobile and desktop, and it works out fine)

sorry for the ping @ian, but would you mind checking out why it’s happening over here for them?

Female
1,743 posts

minnie298a • 2 November 2023 at 9:35 AM

@opalquinze
I wasn't paying attention to my gobbler count last night (well morning ECT, time zones and all that).

I only know on my tablet (Chrome on an android if it matters), that when when a gobbler finally showed up, I would click on it and get a drop down style, full page, survey type ad. After clicking the cross (which half the time defaulted to opening a new tab for some reason, possibly my fat fingers), I would then get the "Whoops, you've already found this gobbler" message.

Lots of people seemed to be complaining in the blog at the time about the scarcity of gobblers. For me, it was like 10 to 35 minutes between visits, depending on the cave timer and the game I was playing in between visits, and then several minutes clicking around hunting while I was on site. If it hadn't been the first and I was after release day monthlies, I wouldn't have even been hunting.

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 2 November 2023 at 6:05 PM

Guys, guys, I found an out of this, when you see the gobbler, do a right click on it and open in a new tab, works normal and awesome 😃 Of course I'm talking only on a desktop, no phone game here, hence no solution yet, sorry...

Female
116 posts

orizuru • 6 November 2023 at 9:20 AM

I thought I was the only one experiencing this - I'm glad to know that I'm not alone! It really is annoying as the ad usually covers the entire screen too (both on mobile and laptop) :')

And thank you @suzanab for the workaround tip for laptops! I had not thought about that before. When you mentioned the right click function, I think there is a way for mobile/tablet users to open links in a new tab.
On mobile, I usually hold down on the image, link or site which prompts list of options, and you can select 'open in new tab'. Does this work for anyone else?

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 6 November 2023 at 10:08 AM

@magicalstars9aj

Glad I could help a bit. No one else seems to help with the annoying ads tho...Can't they be put at the foot of each page...or anywhere else where they do not mess up our game?

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 8 November 2023 at 4:52 PM

I have this same issue with the popup ads, but I find that once I close them, my gobbler count has increased by one.

I do find it particularly frustrating when they pop up as I'm going to look at my notifications and they clear all of my waiting notifs. 🙃

Female
2,554 posts

dragrawr • 17 November 2023 at 11:14 PM

@Ian gigantic best buy ad that consumes whole page when hovered over, even by accident. It has been around for quite a bit and I have to scroll down on every page for it to look normal ;v;

Female
228 posts

discordia • 19 November 2023 at 1:38 PM

Sneaky Gobblers using corporate camouflage and advertisements to hide themselves.