Name(s) value?

in Trading & Auctions

Deleted • 10 November 2023 at 8:24 AM

Hello there! I returned recently to EC and I'm in need of some help / advice...

I have names on @rainstorm and @solivagant tentatively up for trade (just the names, not the tasmas) but I'm unsure how names value work. There are many csps but only one name so I'm tentative about trading them as well (still, I'll have to since I'm switching to another naming format for my cove(s)) ...is there a name value guide or something around? owo

Female
1,731 posts

lexicon • 10 November 2023 at 9:26 AM

@sinthr

No name value guide that I know of unfortunately. It wold be difficult to make because a name's value is so subjective! I've bought names and it just seems like either the user decides this name is worth X to me or I'd offer based on what I would pay for it and they accept/deny. I've seen some people do something like:

100-300k+
Name
Name
Name

500k+
Name
Name

100CC+
Name
Name
Name

And then sort their UFT names based on what they would be comfortable selling them for. Names that are a singular word like "Doctor," "Marriage," etc. tend to be worth more than words that end in -s, -ing, -ed, -ly. That's all I got, sorry it's not more helpful!

Edit to say: you have some amazing names on both accounts, I would definitely be interested in buying and working something out with you if you decide to sell 😊

Deleted • 10 November 2023 at 9:31 AM

@lexicon

Aaaa thank you very much for the insight! I guess I should really make a list or something or just do a thing "lemme know what you're interested in and I'll tell you the price". I'll have to think it through! xD

By the way feel free to PM me If you see something you like, we can surely work something out c;

Female
1,731 posts

lexicon • 10 November 2023 at 9:34 AM

@sinthr

Of course! Names are special and unique like you said but some people also don't care too much about trading them so it's always an interesting process trying to negotiate lol

Not me feeding the Tasma hoard and noting what names I like as we speak xD❤️

Deleted • 10 November 2023 at 9:36 AM

@lexicon haha thanks for the feeds, I definitely need to start collecting these tasma again, it's just cove expansion has become too expensive. Wish EC team made it an stable price instead of one cove space that keeps inflating every time you buy a single digit haha. xDD

Female
1,731 posts

lexicon • 10 November 2023 at 9:51 AM

@sinthr

I'm hopeful; it's something that a lot of people (especially collectors) have been asking for for a really long time! Let me know as soon as you start collecting again, I'll start snatching em' up from the Cave lol

Female
1,257 posts

poptarts • 13 November 2023 at 11:02 AM

The price of names tends to be determined by what the customer is willing to pay. Back when I had sold names, I usually managed to get around 10k EC - 100CC per name depending on the name. (even when they had endings. darker/depressing names seemed to sell the fastest)

I found it easier to pull in customers when I would provide a list of names. (I would not include them all, but players were always free to ask for names not included on the list. I mostly just included the ones I felt would sell the fastest, then would update it with new names every so often)

Placing a couple of names up in the Trade section also helped pull attention, with me asking people to refer to my sales forum or DM to discuss prices.

Indeed, words with endings (ed, ing, ness, ly, es (s), etc) would sell for less.

I am unsure if it has changed over the years, but I used to easily get 500CC from creature names if I managed to grab the name first.

Another tip, the best way to try and rake in more EC/CC than you intended to sell a name for is to always ask what the player is willing to offer/pay first. Then you can provide your desired price if the amount is unsatisfactory. 😸 (not that you have to do it this way, it was just a way that worked best for me, back when I sold names)

Hope this makes sense, wrote this out quickly.