double dailies?

in Problems & Bugs

Non-binary
67 posts

endrolled • 11 November 2023 at 6:25 PM

doesn't seem that anyone else has been talking about this, so here goes...
i just opened up eggcave and i have twice the amount of dailies that i should. i have two of each daily mission i should have to complete, and when i tried to complete one (visiting the mysterious asteroid), only one of the dailies was completed instead of both.

notably the monthly challenge page still says i only need to complete five for the day, but i'm not sure why this could be happening. i'll post screenshots if anyone needs them

Female
2,727 posts

jlya • 11 November 2023 at 7:30 PM

@endrolled
This is a bug I've seen mentioned before on occasion. So far it's been harmless and doesn't affect your ability to complete the dailies. It's like a set of "ghost" dailies that appear but cannot be interacted with. Just complete the top five dailies, and though the "ghost" dailies will not be checked off, you will still receive the reward as usual ^^

Female
1,745 posts

minnie298a • 11 November 2023 at 7:41 PM

@endrolled
As mentioned, it's just a "visual" bug and you only have to complete each task once. Actually, from my experience, you can not mark off the second set, regardless of what you do.

From what I can gather, it normally only happens to individuals, not the whole site, and it's one that I personally haven't seen in a while.

Non-binary
67 posts

endrolled • 11 November 2023 at 9:23 PM

oh! thank you guys, i really appreciate the info! i wonder what causes it...

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 11 November 2023 at 10:01 PM

@endrolled

I believe it's just a cache issue, so if you clear your cache the extra dailies should disappear