Stuffies

in Chit-Chat

Female
17 posts

trekie1701 • 22 November 2023 at 8:47 AM

Hello all. Does anyone here sleep with or collect stuffies, Build A Bears, squishmellows, and the like? I am curious cause I am 40 and sleep with one and get made fun of cause of it. It makes my anxiety really bad. If I know anyone else does, it will make me very happy!

Female
354 posts

corpse • 30 November 2023 at 8:34 AM

@trekie1701
I'm 19 and still have many of my childhood plushies. Just recently I bought a huge Cubone that sits at the corner of my bed. I also have a plegue doctor that I put sunglasses on just to make it extra cute. The way I see it is people have different ways for comfort and release their inner child.

Female
17 posts

trekie1701 • 1 December 2023 at 10:42 AM

That makes me feel better! I love my stuffies

1,558 posts

dragonii • 1 December 2023 at 8:18 PM

@trekie1701 I'm 23 I definitely have my own collections of stuffed toys. I have a build a bear Pikachu i named Yume, my partner got me to help me manage my own anxiety. (Yume is helpful for grounding techniques that deal with smell, touch, hearing and seeing) I also have a few other pokemon stuffed toys, like a small bulbasour(he doesnt have a name), a giant cubone (named cubby), and a togepi squishmallow. I love all of them too haha,

234 posts

spookyfrog • 1 December 2023 at 10:03 PM

@trekie1701 I've got several. Now that I finally have a bed thats not a twin i can sleep with them in the bed with me. It feels more like home. You're not alone 😊

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 2 December 2023 at 12:14 AM

@trekie1701 I've never really been interested in the squishmellows or any of the newer 'brands' or whatever. But I do love my stuffies! I'm 36 and still sleep every night with Ginger, the stuffed dog my mom bought me sometime in my early teens. I have most of my special stuffies scattered around the house, including BearyBear who lives in my mom's room and Sandy who watches over my computer desk. Last year (?) for Christmas my mom bought me a huge 12-foot snake stuffie who is now permanently curled around my computer chair and I hug her a lot while sitting here.

Imo no one is ever too old for stuffies, especially nowadays we could all use something to love and cuddle and help with anxiety an such.

24 posts

spottledmutt • 2 December 2023 at 11:58 AM

I am 19 and still sleep with my stuffed animals, especially with my beloved chihuahua Peanut. He has been with me for my whole life and is named after my childhood dog that passed when I was 5. I still love to get new stuffed animals as they are a huge comfort item for me. If it makes you happy and is not harming anyone there is nothing wrong with it!