Toy Drive/December Preparations

in Help & Questions

234 posts

spookyfrog • 28 November 2023 at 3:31 AM

How should I be preparing for the Toy Drive? and is there any other special December stuff that I should get ready for?

Female
1,743 posts

minnie298a • 28 November 2023 at 4:31 AM

@spookyfrog
During December there is also the Advent Calendar. You can visit once a day and receive a gift or two. Every one gets the same things on the same day and it can range from items, stat boosts, ec, daily resets and creatures. https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/76991 is the link to last years log. The best thing to keep in mind is you need to have a spare cove space before approaching to get the creature, and if you haven't already done the daily, the reset won't count. Many people check the log before visiting, especially if they don't want the stats that will lead to evolution.

As for the toy drive, different rarities of toys give different tickets into the raffle. Any toy will count, so if you want you can start stockpiling any toys. How much you stockpile is really down to your budget and how many tickets you want every day.

Personally, preparing for the toy drive is a year long endeavour for me. There are a couple of other free events through the year that give out "retired" toys (ie, they are not available in the NPC Toy Shop, so are actually more seasonal than retired) for free. Or in the case of the Halloween Event in October there is a mini game (Maize Maze) that costs event points to play, but hands out high rarity plushies as well as a handful of R100 retired exclusive prizes (eg toy dagger and creepy clown mask to name two).

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 28 November 2023 at 4:41 AM

@spookyfrog For the toy drive, just stock up on some items from the Toy Shop. You get more 'tokens' for higher rarity items, but that can also be accomplished with lots of more common items. The toy drive is a daily thing resetting each day, which means needing to remember to donate items for tokens each day.

We also get the Advent Tree throughout December, where you can approach the tree daily to get prizes and bonuses. Be sure to read the blog post and the instructions on the Advent Tree when the month starts for more info on how it works. Examples of what you can get from the tree: Some days it will reset your asteroid attempt or the 10-free cave attempts, so to get the most out of it you may want to do those approaches before going to the tree. It also often gives a cove-wide stats boost, which is something to be cautious about if you have any creatures you don't want evolving yet.

(aaand minnie posted while I was typing, lol)