ecode problem

in Help & Questions

367 posts

kudo • 2 December 2023 at 10:42 AM

i was in the middle of revamping my profile and i've run into an annoying problem. everytime i add certain codes to a creature profile or my own profile, it creates five or so empty lines underneath. previously the space came uninvited after adding a colour code to the divider on my page- now it adds space when i add a url link to my name. removing the colour code addition makes no difference. see my page for an example. is this an issue on my end or an ecode problem?

for another example, a simple divider with no codes comes out perfectly fine.

———————— ❖ ————————

this one however...

[ color=MediumSeaGreen]—[/color][ color=CadetBlue]—————[/color][ color=MediumSeaGreen]—[/color]— ❖ —[ color=MediumSeaGreen]—[/color][ color=cadetblue]—————[/color][ color=MediumSeaGreen]—[/color][/center]

...caused the empty space again. if it were an issue with the symbols i've copy pasted, i'm not sure why it would work on my page when i didn't connect my name to a url link and then suddenly decide to change when i add the link. adding colour adds the unwanted space. adding a link adds unwanted space. how do i make it agreeable?

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 2 December 2023 at 10:44 AM

@kudo
This is an eCode problem and I HATE IT!!! I was literally just talking to @matcha about this an hour ago and how I should finally post a topic about it, no joke!! I just made a new profile code for him and was getting the white space when I had three links. I changed it to two links and the white space is gone.

It's why my profile has all the white around it -- I added the white at the top to EVEN OUT the stupid white space at the bottom. This is literally the bane of my existence.

367 posts

kudo • 2 December 2023 at 10:57 AM

@daisycat
how irritating. at least the space on your profile doesn't appear as much of an eyesore as it does on mine... it doesn't appear to have certain conditions needed to trigger it, which makes it all the more annoying. i have had pages with quite a few links attached before with no issues, same with colours. maybe if i add one more link to my page...?

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 2 December 2023 at 11:00 AM

@kudo
It definitely looks bad without the space added by me at the top. XD The only way to "get rid of" the white space is to add more text to your profile. That will "fill out" the white space, rather than just pushing it down further. Then you get to a point where you've added enough text to make the profile page scroll. Which I personally don't want. And adding more text to omit the white space is unfortunate in general when you want to go for a minimalistic look, but still have some nice colored links.

367 posts

kudo • 2 December 2023 at 11:08 AM

@daisycat
farewell, minimalism. leaving enough text to create the scroll leaves a bad taste in my mouth. i just simply can't stand having that on my page... real shame.

Male
272 posts

raretreasurehunter56 • 2 December 2023 at 11:10 AM

@kudo
If I am understanding this right, are you trying to removing the space between the divider and your url link?

367 posts

kudo • 2 December 2023 at 11:41 AM

@raretreasurehunter56
not quite. if you go to my profile page, you'll see this incredibly awkward white space at the very bottom of the text there. that's what i'm trying to get rid of.

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 8 December 2023 at 3:33 PM

@ian
Is it possible to fix this issue? I'd love to be able to have a "mini" profile, with links and colors, without the white space.
Looks like Kudo succumbed to making their profile have less text in order to omit the white space. ;o;