Egg Cavity Travel Viewer Tip for New Creatures

in General

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 15 December 2023 at 3:30 PM

When newly released creatures haven't been added to Egg Cavity yet, I have a method that allows me to still utilize their "Easy Viewer" to choose a travel for them. I've been doing this for a while and figured I would share. 😊

Here are the steps:

1. Travels: eggcavity.com/creature-viewer/easy-viewer
  Trinket Travels: eggcavity.com/creature-viewer/easy-viewer-trinkets

2. Right click in the negative space of the webpage and select "View Page Source" or "View Source" (Crtl+U on Windows; Option+Cmd+U on Mac).

3. Copy all of the code (Ctrl+A and Ctrl+C on Windows; Cmd+A and Cmd+C on Mac). This selects all and copies.

4. Paste the code into any text editor with a "Find and Replace All" option (Ctrl+V on Windows; Cmd+V Mac). You are replacing the default creature image of the Aal with whatever creature you'd like to find a travel for.
  Find: aal
  Replace All With: Whatever creature you'd like to view!

For example, I replaced "aal" with "messen" to view the new creature, the Messen, on all the travels.
You can also use this online text replacement tool: textcleaner.net/find-and-replace

5. Paste the code into a real-time HTML editor like this one: htmledit.squarefree.com
  Drag the bar in the middle of the screen to the top of the screen and it now appears as though you're on Egg Cavity!

I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any questions. ^^

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 17 December 2023 at 10:23 PM

OMG... thank you!
my brain is too foggy right now to try and figure this out, but it gives me hope knowing there *is* a way!

😃 ❤️

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 17 December 2023 at 11:11 PM

@snowywinter
No problem! I hope everything works smoothly if and when you try it out. ^^

Female
228 posts

discordia • 24 December 2023 at 5:19 PM

Very helpful, big kudos.

Female
1,309 posts