WHAT IS THIS 0.0 Weirdest thing ever...

in Problems & Bugs

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 6 October 2011 at 10:07 PM

I have the same PMs on two separate accounts... WUT. The same. exact. messages.
The odd thing is I'm on @spooky (for the halloween thing 😸) in my Safari browser and it has the same PMs as I do on @lizardfeather in my Chrome brower (it's easier than logging out and then back in which is why they're in seperate browsers).

So is it possible it might be the browser-switching that causes the PMs to be the same? Because it's just so weird 0.0

So I'll just post a pic >.>

On Spooky:
http://i56.tinypic.com/2rmp3yd.jpg

On Lizardfeather:
http://i56.tinypic.com/2v0mwck.jpg

So... it like switched the usernames and had the same messages, but the times are switched around...(check the titles and date/times/users) And yes I deleted stuff because they are private messages for a reason xD

I originally found out about this when Spooky got a notification that said I got a PM from the person I was just chatting with (same content and everything)... and it's on Spooky's notifications list too...

I just can't even make sense of this 0________________0 Even if it was the browser thing how could the PMs cross accounts...

Female
8,989 posts

lola622f • 6 October 2011 at 10:08 PM

I don't know.. o.o

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 6 October 2011 at 10:10 PM

Wow... O-O... This is totally a bug. XD

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 6 October 2011 at 10:12 PM

@yogurt Yup it's so epically weird 0.0 And it's on the notifications page of Spooky too... owo

@zac
@meteoroid
@annapashmina
@ian

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 6 October 2011 at 10:14 PM

@lizardfeather
It'll be weird is someone else got the PM that was supposed to go to you XD A new way to stalk someone. O-O Lol

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 6 October 2011 at 10:15 PM

@yogurt LOL that's what I'm wondering xD How many people are getting random other peoples' PMs? xDDDD

Deleted • 6 October 2011 at 10:19 PM

Wow. I hope some random person won't get my PMa!

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 6 October 2011 at 10:21 PM

@lizardfeather
Yeah Though I think it only happens with accounts that use the same IP address/computer. 😸 I hope this get's figured out. 😊 I don't want anyone getting my PRIVATE messages. πŸ˜‹

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 6 October 2011 at 10:21 PM

@yogurt well my side @wing didn't get it so 0.0 I dunno but idk maybe the server glitched my IP

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 6 October 2011 at 10:24 PM

@lizardfeather
Haha. *dies* I have homework and I keep procrastinating T-T... Eggcave.... Why you have to be so addictive. DX

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 6 October 2011 at 10:27 PM

Oh just an update I no longer have control over the account Spooky (because we're doing this cool thing where we all add eggs each day πŸ˜ƒ http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/7450) So it's already gone to the next person 0_0

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 6 October 2011 at 10:30 PM

@lizardfeather
Did you delete that message? (I saw there was a medssage about password or something. It'll be bad if someone else got a password to someone else's account. O-O

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 6 October 2011 at 10:31 PM

@yogurt nah it was about the forum topic we switch the password on the account Spooky every day ;3 And no I forgot to delete them 0.0 But it wasn't anything personal xD

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 6 October 2011 at 10:33 PM

@lizardfeather
Oh XD lol That's good. 😊
Also I think The mails are different. Look at the time the message was sent about the contest it's a different times.. 😸 shouldn't they be the same is they were the same post?

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 6 October 2011 at 10:40 PM

@yogurt Yea it's really weird, but the messages were the exact same but instead of my comments as lizardfeather they were as spooky on spooky and lizardfeather on lizardfeather .____.

Female
2,485 posts

yogurt • 6 October 2011 at 10:46 PM

@lizardfeather
Well,l I have to go now. πŸ˜‰

@Ian
Check this out? Probably just a little glitch that happened while the message was sent.

Female
970 posts

candy_girl_1298 • 6 October 2011 at 10:55 PM

@lizardfeather o em gees you has lots of ec 8D maybe tell ian, im sure its not a harmful glitch😊

Female
1,096 posts

leopardclaws • 12 October 2011 at 5:04 PM

@Lizardfeather
Because you have 2 accounts on the same IP address, your messages appear the same.

Not totally sure though, just a logical guess...
Considering if Ian even incorporates your IP address into the mail system.

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 12 October 2011 at 10:13 PM

@leopardclaws But it's never happened to me before >_< I use two accounts all the time xD BUt yea I'm sure that has something to do with it 0_0

1,247 posts

Zac • 15 October 2011 at 11:59 PM

The Mail system is not connected to IP adresses but rather user accounts. When a conversation is started the same message will appear on both users involved in that respective conversation which explains one of the two sets in question.

It's strange that it is occuring with the other.. could you provide the ids of those mail conversations? If they are the same, it is indeed a bug. If not, most likely two separate conversations were started with the same title. 😊