[October/November] Creature Suggestion: Phoolkur

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

1,134 posts

hikanu • 16 January 2024 at 6:04 PM

Hi and welcome to my first #creaturesuggestion !

Creature name: Phoolkur
Phool (flower in Hindi) + Kukur (dog in Nepali)

Info about creature
Weight: 22kg
Height: 0.58m
Habitat: Ark City
Gender profile: 48% female, 48%male, 4% non-binary

Evolution stats: Puppy stage: 200 feeds, grown up: 500 feeds

Link to creature
https://ibb.co/4PDDFfR

About the egg:

This egg is very soft and warm to the touch. It likes to be stroked as the repeated interaction keeps the creature inside warm. It is said that offering the egg garlands of flowers will grant you its protection.

About the creature:

If you manage to befriend the Phoolkur, you will have a companion for this life and the next. It is very attached and loyal to its favorite human and will follow them absolutely everywhere.

The Phoolkur has very keen senses and will warn you of upcoming danger as long as it is offered fresh flowers.

Beware! If you do not ensure the Phoolkur has access to fresh flowers, it may become unhappy, and the protection it grants you will gradually fade. This will lead you to the gates of misfortune caused by otherworldly forces. While cases of misfortune brought upon owners of unhappy Phoolkur are not as common as they used to be, they are still occasionally documented around Ark City.

Notes:
Did I cover awkward places I had no idea how to draw in flowers? Yes, yes I did. Can I draw flowers properly? Eh, not really, but I tried! Is this creature suggestion also very early? Yes, I believe so.

I found an old doodle from a decade ago, and on a whim I wanted to turn it into a creature... I don't know where that boldness came from given that I've refrained from leaving art in public places for a very long time.

I don't know how I ended up researching a Nepali festival of all things either, but here we are.

About the Nepali festival. It is a yearly tradition that falls around October/November. On the 2nd day of the festival, the dogs are worshipped.
Hindu mythology states that the God of death has 2 dogs that guards the gates of Hell and the Nepali worship dogs by giving them lavish meals and put flower garlands around their necks, so that the dogs may keep them safe from fire and brimstone.

If you're interested, here's a link to my original puppy drawing from 2013. 😊
https://ibb.co/FHZB8GV

Leave your thoughts for me and treats and fresh flowers for the Phoolkur below!

Female
2,555 posts

dragrawr • 16 January 2024 at 6:49 PM

@hikanu this is the cutest thing. I loved reading this one!!!

1,134 posts

hikanu • 16 January 2024 at 6:59 PM

@dragrawr Thank you. 😊

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 16 January 2024 at 9:35 PM

@hikanu
Thsi one is very cute, and I love how its concept is based on a cultural festival : D
(Also, I think it'll also pair well with the Lavendog as well ^^)

Pingo thingos:
@twinkle
@boba

1,134 posts

hikanu • 16 January 2024 at 9:45 PM

@shirothekittehlover Thank you. I stumbled across it when I was surfing for inspiration for dog appreciation, and I just had to. It was perfect.

I think they would be very good friends. 😃

Gender Questioning
4 posts

starshock • 19 January 2024 at 2:22 PM

oh my gosh! this is so cute!

1,134 posts

hikanu • 19 January 2024 at 2:34 PM

@starshock Thank you. I'm glad you like it. 😊

Deleted • 19 January 2024 at 2:58 PM

Awww soo cute! We really do miss a golden retriever like dog on here, they are so bug and protective and cute! ❤️ I love the spring touch on it too, simple but amazing!

1,134 posts

hikanu • 19 January 2024 at 3:10 PM

@sinthr Thank you. I did aim for a golden retriever color since it goes well with the flowers, but not a specific breed of dog. During the festival they do also worship strays, so I figured it could easily be a mix of several unspecified breeds. And I adore floppy ears. 😃

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 27 January 2024 at 9:09 PM

@hikanu i love this!
the second stage is absolutely my fave and the embodiment of "puppy dog eyes"
i love how the different variety of flowers pair well with the golden fur

1,134 posts

hikanu • 27 January 2024 at 9:23 PM

@icecloud101 Thank you! 😊
I love the second stage too. We wouldn't be here without It.

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 27 January 2024 at 9:33 PM

@hikanu
What a cute flower puppy!! ;o; I love that your original drawing from long ago inspired this. :,) The poses you've created are really adorable. I love all the flowers. 😊
*offers some fresh flowers to the Phoolkur*

1,134 posts

hikanu • 28 January 2024 at 3:23 AM

@daisycat Thank you. 😃

The Phoolkur appreciates your offering. 😊

Non-binary
1,417 posts

provo7demons • 28 January 2024 at 10:20 PM

@hikanu A LITTLE FLOWER PUPPY! How adorable! I am bringing them so many flowers ❤️

1,134 posts

hikanu • 28 January 2024 at 10:23 PM

@provo7demons YES! Very adorable. 😊 Thank you! 😃