SSL handshake failed Error code 525

in Help & Questions

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 18 February 2024 at 11:24 AM

Got this message 3 times now in 5 minutes, is this happening to anyone else?

Agender
96 posts

silvia • 18 February 2024 at 11:26 AM

I'm having the same problem, so it's definitely a site issue. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. 🤔

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 18 February 2024 at 11:27 AM

Sorry to hear, but glad I didn't kill my comp...yet 😉

Female
1,743 posts

minnie298a • 18 February 2024 at 7:47 PM

I noticed it as well. A couple of times over the last few days. But they only hang around for a couple of minutes, and it's not every page. I bulk open tabs to feed, so for example I might open 100 creatures. I'll feed about 5 fine, get 3 errors, another 6 fine, 2 errors, drift off to another site for 5 minutes, come back and it's all good.
Error notice said it was Eggcave's end, so I assume it an event related incident.

@suzanab @silvia

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 19 February 2024 at 6:18 AM

@minnie298a

Yes, same here and that's what I thought too...still scary when it happens, I'm on an egg(cave) diet 😉 😃

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 19 February 2024 at 6:27 AM

@suzanab @minnie298a @silvia

This is the server telling us that it isn't happy with how many requests it is receiving in a short period of time. When this happens, just take a small break, a few minutes should be suffice, and everything should be fine.

This will happen often with events but it is not long lasting.

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 19 February 2024 at 6:28 AM

@mastergemma

Thanks for letting us know, so happy is not that serious ❤️

Female
1,743 posts

minnie298a • 19 February 2024 at 6:34 AM

@mastergemma
Thanks for confirming what I thought was the issue and that I was treating it the right way.

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 19 February 2024 at 8:03 AM

This has been happening without events being active, though. Not as frequently, and I agree that it's an issue that kind of resolves itself given time, but if it's a known issue... Are the staff working toward server improvements (if possible?) to reduce the issue and the downtime users have to deal with? Especially when progress in dailies and/or events may be impacted by the (temporary, but still frustrating) delays?