Register
nenielsen • 1 week ago
Hello, thought I'd introduce myself! I'm back after like 10 years of absence. I originally joined Egg Cave when I was 9 in 2010. I'm 27 now. One thing about me is at the age of 14 I became severely ill, so Egg Cave is sort of a window to my past during the "before." "After" has involved a lot of pain and very limited lifestyle. My primary diagnosis is ME/CFS of which there is no cure, no treatment and pretty much no research funding. Though I'm used to it now as it's been over 10 years of me being sick. Some hobbies of mine: writing romance and fanfic (Astarion from baldur's gate 3, love and deepspace) art (pretty cool seeing my old art here for creature submissions. Time for a revamp though!) and I also have a lot of real life animals that I like to name my egg cave creatures after. I like crafting like sewing, clay and perler beads though I haven't made anything in a while. I noticed that the trade center doesn't have that many creatures in it, many species have zero listings up. So my current goal on Egg Cave is to post a lot of listings so players have the option of getting their dream creatures. That and I've gotten a little overwhelmed by how many creatures I have and the lack of sorting options for the cove, so I'd like to downsize.The second goal is I'd love to connect with other players. I have a forum post up right now for a collector's catalogue of all the different users who collect a particular species or theme. This can help people grow their collections or just show off. I'm also considering starting some new collections since I'm too poor to keep my unchaga, frogike and rosse collections growing.Another goal of mine is to start submitting creature suggestions on the regular and hopefully get one picked. This was a huge childhood dream of mine, and it seems quite possible now that my art skills are way better and the site is less active, so less competition.And of course my wishlist, which definitely needs updated... sigh. So many new creatures! I'm not sure how I'll be able to keep track of them all. But I am loving a lot of the newer art, so I'm super excited to get collecting again. If you'd like to get to know me, feel free to send me a message anytime. Also, as far as my lots in the trade center, I'm using the 2026 pricing guide but I am open to offers. There aren't as many people on Egg Cave it seems so I'm guessing the whole trading for profit thing probably isn't as huge as it used to be. That was one of my favorite parts though of old Egg Cave. So if you see me winning auctions you were really interested in, feel free to send me a message. I like winning auctions and selling the ones I don't need, but really if there aren't enough active players to buy like that I'd rather work something else out.
gngdia • 1 week ago
@nenielsen I will tell you once more Welcome Back! I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis, I hope you can keep the illness under control to some extent.. I first started on Egg Cave in 2013 and then I took a long break from 2016 or 2017, can't remember exactly, and I also remember how the Trade Center was always full of creatures, the trades would happen so fast.It's good to know you're an artist, maybe I will contact you in future if I get any ideas of creature suggestions if you're willing to collab (I have lots of ideas sometimes, but 0 talent at drawing, I play with shapes in Illustrator but I can't even draw a straight line on paper haha). I like buying items from the NPC shops, I always hunt for items I know other players are searching for, so if you're ever looking for any specific items let me know and I will get them for you!
@gngdia thank you! Yes feel free to collab with me on creature suggestion ideas. I have a couple I'm working on, I'm trying to redo all my old suggestions haha since my 12 year old self could only do so much. That's good to know about the items! I have a forum post I'm looking for the fire wings travel to use as bait at the cave, only need it today tho so if you don't have it now then its a no.
nut • 2 days ago
@nenielsen welcome back! I totally remember your username from back in the day :0 I used to have a different username (delfin99) but I was a bit unhinged back then. so lovely to see past users return, and thank you for your trade center initiative!
nenielsen • 2 days ago
@nut I can't remember anyone but a lot of usernames are vaguely familiar!"I was a bit unhinged back then" OH MY GOD I feel this so hard! XD So I was like 12 way back and I found all kinds of stuff thru egg cave where I was like "this sounds like a crazy person or a 12 year old wrote it" hahaha also I think I was a militant trader/profiteer tho I still have those tendencies now. Anyway good to see some old faces here, and no worries about the unhinged part! Not only am I an adult now I also had a concussion way back so even if you did something unhinged I wouldn't remember it.