How does the oasis work, exactly?

in General

Do you check the oasis often? And have you gotten much?





Non-binary
46 posts

     

watercress • 6 days ago

Title -- I understand generally that it supplies creatures that are listed as 'endangered' on rare occasions, but I'm curious if anyone has done any research into the times between when they pop up, even if it's a range (E.G. Every 2 - 8 hours)
Also, curious what the specifics of the creature pool actually are, as I only ever seem to get aerlo and bunthoff. And what circumstances around a creature being 'endangered' even are - do all creatures go 'endangered' for a short period before they're retired? (barr cash shop ones ofc) and can they even be gotten from the oasis or is that different? Why? The mind boggles.

786 posts

     

gngdia • 6 days ago

@watercress I never really researched about Leila Oasis but I think the creatures show up randomly, I mean a random species is chosen to appear and maybe the time when they appear are also random. I got some during day, some late in the night...
I believe only commons go endangered after they're taken out of the cave and I'm not sure if any Leila Oasis creatures have been retired yet (I'm only back since April 2025 so maybe I missed any creatures being retired from Leila). Also, I got all of them from Leila eventually since I've returned from my hiatus. So in ~1 year I found every Leila creature + some duplicates 😊.

Non-binary
46 posts

     

watercress • 6 days ago

@gngdia Yeahh I figured there was a random element, I just thought maybe there was some kind of predictable algorithm behind the timing or something. I see, so there is like a specific set pool of leila creatures, is it a lot? It feels like they've been pretty hard to come across but I guess it's just a patience thing heh

786 posts

     

gngdia • 6 days ago

@watercress these are all the creatures you can find at Leila. You'll only find one at a time. I just check Leila Oasis whenever I remember and sometimes I intentionally check more often; sometimes it pays off, most of the times it really doesn't xD so I suggest you don't spend all your day on Leila Oasis page in hopes you'll find something cause it's truly random and maybe on that day no creatures show up 😊
Later edit: I just realised I said above that I got all of them but I lied, I did not find any Macaws yet xD I totally forgot about them

Female
1,474 posts

     

daisycat • 6 days ago

@watercress
There was an apparent unintentional predictable timing to it long ago, but when players discovered that, it was changed to be more (actually) random. Here's a post from Ian on December 30, 2015:

"We've implemented more randomness for Oasis restocks. It'll be different and won't always be at the same time of day."

I've recently gotten a few creatures around the same time though, at rollover, but probably just coincidence. ;-P To me it feels like it's been restocking more often since I've never had such luck with it and used to check it a lot.

577 posts

     

pathogenia • 20 hours ago

Thought this might be helpful:
I've been playing again for about a month and a half.
In that time I've found about 3 creatures at the oasis:
-Mekii
-Kaihon
-Garguaith
So I think it's pretty random!

Reply