A few Suggestions :]

in Site Feedback & Ideas

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 13 October 2011 at 11:46 PM

Sorry about this wall of words ><"
And I'm not sure if this is accurate or not, since I don't know how Egg Cave's system thingy works...
But here goes:

So you know how each user is allowed to have up to 3 storages & 1 main? And that you are not allowed to steal creatures from the cave from your storage? (If you doubt me on this, check the rules.)
But there isn't really much of a (visible) way to enforce the rule of stealing from storages.
Plus users can easily create multiple accounts to steal multiple times, especially during event times.

Sooo...

1) How about when we create an account there is a question:
"Is this account to be a Main account or a Storage account?"

Coves marked "Storage" can't steal from the cave excluding the very first egg.
And IP adresses with many incoming accounts will be flagged or something (especially during event times)?

I've heard that when you create an account, the e-mail you put in could be fake and it'd still work (only problem is there wouldn't be any activation code & such)

2) So when you create an account, the system or something checks if that e-mail is actually real before sending.

Sorry again about it being so long~~ Dx

9,386 posts

smilies • 13 October 2011 at 11:52 PM

@icymuffin Agreed. About the 2nd, that's true.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 13 October 2011 at 11:54 PM

@smilies

Thanks!
Okay then... *editing~* :]

9,386 posts

smilies • 13 October 2011 at 11:57 PM

@icymuffin But, even if it WAS real, it doesn't make a difference. The person with the email ignores and deletes it as it instructs and the user will still have full control of the account until the 30 days is up.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 13 October 2011 at 11:59 PM

@smilies

True.... I never thought of it that way. :/
But at least it would decrease the false account numbers.

Meh. These ideas can't be perfect. D:

9,386 posts

smilies • 14 October 2011 at 12:01 AM

@icymuffin They could limit steals until the account was activated I guess :/

Female
298 posts

yingtai • 14 October 2011 at 12:04 AM

@icymuffin my brother and I have the same IP address, and we both steal from the cave... D:

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 14 October 2011 at 12:07 AM

@yingtai

But you wouldn't be affected...
I meant that if there were a lot of false accounts marked as "Main" coming in from one IP address, like 5-6+ especially during event times.
You would probably have only 2-3 main accounts marked down for your IP address.

But I'm not sure if these ideas would be usefull as I don't know how many false accounts those users make... ><"

1,199 posts

glazzie • 14 October 2011 at 12:31 AM

@icymuffin
@smilies
@toy

Sorry if this offends any of you, but I always get you 3 mixed up because you all are almost the same XD But you are all different too...I'm so weird XD

Deleted • 14 October 2011 at 12:40 AM

@glazzie *Dies* How could you... >_<

*Smilies's side account*

Female
1,762 posts

toy • 14 October 2011 at 12:48 AM

@glazzie
We are...? 😱
I never knew we were all alike.
Weird.

Deleted • 14 October 2011 at 12:55 AM

@toy *Coughidon'tthinksocoughcough* XD
I mean, I am the incredibly amazing smilies who is like, a complete celeb, has six onnys, is like the funniest person on EC and spends half her life here roleplaying.
*Coughandhasaverylowopinionofherselfcoughcough* XD

Female
1,762 posts

toy • 14 October 2011 at 12:57 AM

@demonkitty
I'm Toy. I, ummm, dislike Onnies p:
/Coughs
πŸ˜ƒ

Deleted • 14 October 2011 at 1:14 AM

@toy More for me then πŸ˜ƒ

1,199 posts

glazzie • 14 October 2011 at 7:26 AM

@toy
@demonkitty

What did I say? You all have differences too...
Smilies is the world's best bunny cove,
Toy has many foos
Icymuffin has an epic username...

And yet there are still more differences.
But I guess it's just me xD I keep confusing you guys

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 5 November 2011 at 2:22 PM

I noticed more users talking about this, so I'ma bump this suggestion back up... ><"

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 6 November 2011 at 11:49 AM

@icymuffin An even better way to cut down on false main accounts (in my opinion) would be to link the creation of storage accounts to the main.

Example: Instead of creating a new account in order to get a storage account there would be an option under "Preferences" to create up to 3 sides. Coves created this way wouldn't even be able to see the cave or asteroid (and any other main only things). But as an added benefit main and sides would share EC (since they are technically the same account). You could still have a different name from your main (since many people seem to want that) but, there would be some indication on the account page that it was a side and perhaps who it belonged to.

That way during event times you could still watch for the creation of tons of "mains" and people wouldn't be temped to steal from their storage accounts because those accounts couldn't even access the cave.

Then comes the problem of telling false mains that are older than a few days. That would be harder. And without knowing more about the inner workings of the site I can't make suggestions on what to do for that.

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 6 November 2011 at 11:53 AM

@icymuffin
@orderedchaos
But what about when you have a main that becomes a side? Or vice versa?

My brother ( @sharkout ) used to play on this site, but then he got bored and left. (He's nine. I guess he's just not interested in this stuff yet πŸ˜‹) So I got his permission, and made his account into my side.

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 6 November 2011 at 11:56 AM

@orderedchaos~

Yeah... That would make a lot of sense!
The only thing is, what about the storages created before? o_O Would we have to delete the old storages and create new ones through the Preferences page?

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 6 November 2011 at 12:10 PM

@icymuffin Perhaps there could be a way of merging them (if this came about) and it would be mandatory. Any one caught not merging their sides to their main would be punished in some way (up to the admin's discretion). Yes this could cause some problems with people not merging accounts but the punishment for not doing so should be great enough (ban? account deletion? perma IP ban? again up to Ian's discretion) to deter people from thinking that they could get away with not doing it.

@cqpkytty You couldn't. If you wanted a new name, try contacting Ian to change it. But other than that you would be stuck with the name of your main account. Accounts that belonged to other people couldn't (and in my opinion shouldn't) be given away. People who stop playing for whatever reason would just have their accounts sit there (unless they contacted Ian to delete it).

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 6 November 2011 at 12:34 PM

@orderedchaos
There should be an option to change it. πŸ˜‹

@icymuffin
I've seen topics with a slightly different idea - cove tabs. Basically, there is only ONE account per person, but you can have 4 tabs total, each able to have 150 creatures.

Female
2,595 posts

maineen • 9 November 2011 at 2:36 PM

I like these ideas😊

*supports* 😊