Sad, but True

in Entertainment

Non-binary
7,220 posts

whispers • 14 October 2011 at 9:46 PM

In McDonald commerials, they always show *skinny* people.
NO OFFENSE TO YOU SKINNY OR *BIGGER* PEEPS

But it's my opinion,
They should show bigger people, cause like, if you eat it all the time, you *will* get fat.
Then the kids meals always support being healthy. But truly, the only kinda healthy thing is the supah teeny packs of apples. Not to mention, they are *SALTY* DX

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 14 October 2011 at 9:47 PM

@whispers
Live with it.
A lot of companies get creative in bending the truth and making themselves look good.

Non-binary
7,220 posts

whispers • 14 October 2011 at 9:51 PM

@cqpkytty
Do you know the e-mail to the McDonalds 'Commonts & Suggestions'? I need it -_- I can't live with it..it's just gonna make people think they won't get fat. Then they become overweight, then obese, then morbid obese D:
Then....dun dun dun..
DEATH
It's not good..not at ALL!

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 14 October 2011 at 9:52 PM

@whispers
nope. Sorry.

Deleted • 14 October 2011 at 9:54 PM

Most of the people in my grade work there.

I'm not. I won't support that. Imma goin to Kroger like my momma xD

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 14 October 2011 at 9:56 PM

My class wrote articles about this in Photography class.

Almost all advertizements that use people in them do this.
Rich, skinny, happy people. (No offense to anyone intended.)
It's just their subtle way of saying, "You want to be like them? Buy this product."

And we keep continuing this idea, because it's the "norm" and what people want to be.
So yeah...

Deleted • 14 October 2011 at 9:58 PM

Not everyone is that stupid though, I hate McDonalds and I refuse to support it. If other people want to, fine. Free country.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 14 October 2011 at 10:01 PM

.... I ate Mcdonalds a few secs ago. ^^

Anything is bad for you in vast amounts, it's really bad for you, but so is TONS AND TONS of other foods out there, because (Mostly in America, No offense, i'm American. XD)
they use TO MUCH GREASE & SALT ON EVERYTHING.
So, yeah. 😋

Just excirse, and all taht good stuff.

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 14 October 2011 at 10:03 PM

McDonald's tastes horrible. But it's not just McDonalds it's EVERY COMMERICAL.

Deleted • 14 October 2011 at 10:04 PM

I Liek Wendy's(:

2,425 posts

blackrose_chan • 14 October 2011 at 10:07 PM

I like In & out burge and Boston Marketr~ though my friends(who are skinny and short) eat McDonnalds all the time but other fast food place is either just ok or egh

Male
2,324 posts

zafeyry • 14 October 2011 at 10:51 PM

I like McDonalds, and the ads are meant to be that way. I'm skinny and eat McDonald's bi-weekly but I run every day.

Female
619 posts

eugenefitzherbert • 14 October 2011 at 11:07 PM

I'm probably living proof that eating at McDonalds too much is terrible for you. Bahaha. xD I'm getting better, though!
There's one literally a block from my high school, so before school I go there and usually get a tea or something. xD It probably explains why about 50% of my school is pretty much overweight...It's terrible.

But they do have salads and such there. Skip the dressing or just put a little bit on and it's not that bad health-wise.

That type of advertising is very misleading, though. Very rarely do you see any heavier or 'normal' people in commercials. It's ridiculous.

Non-binary
7,220 posts

whispers • 15 October 2011 at 9:50 AM

The salads are salty, where I live, I tried one, and It was salty XP

Male
2,324 posts

zafeyry • 15 October 2011 at 11:03 AM

It"s not as much the food is the problem, it's people's decisions that eating fast food everyday is good.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 15 October 2011 at 11:07 AM

It's the fact that McDonalds doesn't give about quality. They want quantity and want it fast. If they actually took the time and grilled up their burger fresh from a butcher (organic duhh) and took the time to go get fresh vegetables and took the time to go get real breading to fry the chicken, then we might actually be getting some nutritional values from that meal like the skinny people in the commercials supposedly are. They want us to believe if we eat at Mickey Dees then we will look like them.

Deleted • 15 October 2011 at 11:10 AM

I never eat McDonalds 😋
I'm a picky eater, I guess you could say.
I've been told.

Female
1,571 posts

rileytibbles • 15 October 2011 at 11:15 AM

I agree with @whispers
I stopped eating there when I realized how much processed crap I was putting into my body.
I am disgusted by McDonalds
Although, its not the only place doing this, its just a very large one.

Transmasculine
796 posts

juliettbrown • 15 October 2011 at 11:18 AM

I ONLY eat wendys. NO msdonalds for this chick. And when I do eat wendy's, it's nly like once every six months.

Non-binary
7,220 posts

whispers • 15 October 2011 at 4:08 PM

McDonals makes me feel like I want to throw up XP
So I get the tiny kids meals when my fam goes there..

Pangender
2,149 posts

sky • 15 October 2011 at 4:39 PM

It's called Publicity.
They don't want any 'negative' advertisement.

I'm one of the most picky eaters.
Which is why my parents are going broke because of me.
Everything they'd suggest for me to eat, I'd usually reject.

Like really, I hate Tacos, Pizza, Burritos, Nachos, Fried rice, Ramen noodles, Chicken noodle, Spaghetti, Pie, Chocolate, Cake, Steak, Pork, Hot dogs, Jello, Yogurt, Salad, Turkey, Hamburger, Ice cream, Waffles, Pancakes, Eggs, most Sausages, BLT's, Fish, Lobster, Sandwiches, Corn dogs, Corn, Donuts, Cup noodles, etc.

Whenever I go to McDonalds I just like the fries.
But I think Wendy's and Burger King beats McDonalds.

Non-binary
7,220 posts

whispers • 15 October 2011 at 4:44 PM

Wow-you dont like a lot of things, I like about everything but fast-food >.<