Transfer Button

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Deleted • 25 October 2011 at 6:19 PM

So I was thinking, what if we had a transfer button? Like if you wanted to gift someone or transfer something to your storage you could like the button transfer and type in the username and it automatically gets put in their cove 😊 I think it would make it easier to gift someone or just as simple and send to your storage please give bump and give feedback. and like so if you wanted to transfer something then you would have to type in a pin win 3-4 numbers/letters 😊. @Ian

Deleted • 25 October 2011 at 6:21 PM

@Kitty19cat

Easy for hackers.

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 25 October 2011 at 6:23 PM

@chloekins Well if they hacked your eggs are gone anyway via trade lol

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 25 October 2011 at 6:23 PM

@Kitty19cat

I like it. It is frustrating trying to shuffle around eggs from main to side.

Female
494 posts

plookle • 25 October 2011 at 6:30 PM

Something to consider: As of now I believe the primary way in which illegal side accounts and hackers are discovered is through the trade center. Suspicious lots are picked out and from there the egg cave staff is able to deduce whether the transaction is an innocent transfer or a violation of the rules. In making transfers of creatures as direct as you are suggesting, it would also make it exponentially more difficult for cheaters to be caught.

I think I would be in favor of a transfer system for EC, maybe, as it IS a pain keeping creatures on my side account in Tims. However, even this would need to be approached carefully, perhaps with a PIN system to prevent hackers.

Deleted • 25 October 2011 at 6:53 PM

I like the PIN idea.

5,632 posts

linpug • 25 October 2011 at 6:56 PM

I like the pin idea. Or maybe enter your email/ pasword?

Female
4,232 posts

meixiaotian • 25 October 2011 at 6:58 PM

Transfer is really useful, but maybe someone needed to accept? And the PIN idea is good. If you could easily just give it away, you might log in one day with a garguith and a dying yeep in your cove.

Female
494 posts

plookle • 25 October 2011 at 6:58 PM

@linpug
Well, if the hacker was on your account he would have your e-mail and password. Since your password would be required for him/her to log in and your e-mail is listed under preferences. The PIN idea is not originally mine, it was suggested quite a while ago. I just think that this is a situation where it might be useful.

Deleted • 25 October 2011 at 7:01 PM

@Lizardfeather

Yes, but trading there would be a notification.

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 25 October 2011 at 7:25 PM

@chloekins we could have one for sending them too? =3

But like Plookle said it is harder to track cheaters >_<

Deleted • 26 October 2011 at 6:44 PM

thanks everyone for the idea so far, i edited it

bump

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 26 October 2011 at 7:13 PM

I agree with @plookle...
A lot of illegal side accounts do have to use the trade center to transfer the creatures. If the transfer system is added in, it does seem as if it would make it much easier for users to abuse the cave

But if that problem is ever taken care of permanently, yes! ^^