Christmas Celebration Idea

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 27 October 2011 at 5:58 PM

So, there's been alot of talk about how some creatures are becoming less rare.
Here's my idea that can solve that, and create a bit of fun for Eggcave during the holidays. 😊

Okay, during December, everyone has a chance to pick a creature they would like to recieve for Christmas. It could be ANY creature, retired or not. *Anywhere from a Yeep to a Doovoo*
Then, those picks are sent to the staff, and they randomly pick *I would say about 3-10 people * to give those dream creatures to.
Those people will recieve the egg of the creature they had chosen on Chirstmas day.
That means a very small number of creatures would be released to the public once again, some that might not even be traded.
Plus provide some fun during the holidays.
*PS- Sorry if this didn't make much sense, ping me and i'll try to clear it up. ><; *

Pros:
-Almost exctint creaturews will be avalaible once again.
-A few lucky users can get their dream creatures.
-A fun thing for the holidays.
- Remember, they all probley won't be Tines, or Onnys, or rare creatures, it's randomnized.

Cons:
- Cheating *May i suggest only 1 month+ accounts can enter?*
-"Overeleasing" the eggs. *I wouldn't trade my Tine if I got one, so don't worry about decreasing value*

Female
187 posts

awesomeness • 27 October 2011 at 6:07 PM

I would think it would be a good idea, for many people haven't been very willing to trade their rare eggs lately, making it impossible for people to get rares.
And releasing these creatures in a very limited way might give someone a slight chance of getting one, either though recieving the creature directly, or though trading. ^^

So, do you think it's a good enough idea?

Female
494 posts

plookle • 27 October 2011 at 6:19 PM

I actually don't think this is a bad idea, but I would still prepare to be attacked @taffy789 lol. People can get ANGRY about topics like these. A few things:

"Remember, they all probley won't be Tines, or Onnys, or rare creatures"
This is naive. If you asked anyone on egg cave which one egg they wanted, they would request an Onny, Tine, Macbot, or Doovoo. It only makes sense. It's what I would say, and I'm not even looking for one. The reason for this is simple. Say I'm looking for a Foo. I would STILL request an Onny as I could probably get five Foos easily if I had an extra Onny to trade. 😋

"Almost exctint creaturews will be avalaible once again."
I understand the concept here, but lets me realistic. There is not a single creature at risk of becoming extinct. With the immortality rule it is virtually impossible. The issue is not extinction, it's circulation, but I understand where you're coming from.

Overall, I think this is a workable idea. However, I can't really see it happening, as Ian has been fairly unwavering up until now in regard to creature re-release. Good luck though, I think this has potential to be fun. 😊

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 27 October 2011 at 6:34 PM

@plookle - Either way, I would think it'll be a good idea to release , but limit the number of rare creatures being released. ^^
And what i meant with the rare creatures is that they wouldn't ALL be Onnies, or ALL be Tines, there would be many different *All rare or not* creatures, I would think.

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 28 October 2011 at 7:18 PM

I like the idea where everyone has to pay to enter the contest (high fee) and then the EggCave Staff choose the creature and the person...then the people who didn't win get their EC back

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 3 November 2011 at 5:22 PM

Bump.

Female
1,547 posts

2elle2 • 3 November 2011 at 6:09 PM

I think this is a good idea, but maybe just 1 person gets their dream creature? We wouldn't want to raise the rarity of a creature.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 3 November 2011 at 6:13 PM

@2elle2 - I'm not sure that 5-10 creatures would lower the creature's rarity at all, especially since the creatures might all be different.

Male
1,842 posts

harrypotter123698 • 3 November 2011 at 6:16 PM

@taffy789 I actually like this idea 😊 +1

Neopets actually had a 'Dream Pet Giveway' last Christmas and i think around 8-10 lucky users out of like 2 million users got their dream pet ^^

Female
1,547 posts

2elle2 • 3 November 2011 at 6:17 PM

True... I see your point. Well, overall I think this is a pretty good idea! 😊 Especially for people who can't buy CCs or can't trade for something old and rare (Like a foo) because they don't have good enough creatures.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 3 November 2011 at 6:18 PM

@harrypotter123698 - That's actually where I got the idea from. XD

Female
864 posts

sprite • 3 November 2011 at 6:24 PM

In all games tho the potential for retired items, etc come back. It's a proven money maker, if Egg Cave goes that way. I think in order for this to have the maximum results there needs to be an easier way for players to get Cave Cash who don't have access to Paypal, etc. Of course if it goes the way of $$

For those who think it will not ever happened I have heard that numerous times on other sites 😊 It always happens 😉

There are Pros and Cons and in the end I say spread the joy around. Something more exciting needs to happen around here anyways.

Agree or not just my opinion and will not argue 😊

Male
4,315 posts

syndrome • 3 November 2011 at 6:25 PM

All I would want is a berr ❤ī¸ See nothing too rare and I love the idea 😃

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 3 November 2011 at 6:29 PM

Yeah, and the eggs would come in a egg stage, so someone could freeze them. 😱
*I would ask for a Treelar Egg. ^^ *

9,386 posts

smilies • 4 November 2011 at 7:17 PM

Mmm. I don't know if I agree 😋 It would be nice, but... >_<

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 4 November 2011 at 7:18 PM

@smilies - But?

9,386 posts

smilies • 4 November 2011 at 7:25 PM

@taffy789 Cough cough. I just don't think it will happen. LE. Retired. Ian can't go around bending all his rules 😋 Or that's just my opinion 😋

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 4 November 2011 at 7:26 PM

I dunno.
I think a ton of people will be crushed if they don't win. It might make things worse for people who lose ☚ī¸