Cave Cash Gift Cards?

in Site Feedback & Ideas

887 posts

peppermintcowboy • 29 October 2011 at 6:54 PM

(My apologies if someone already suggested this.)

It would be great if there was a way to purchase CC gift cards. For example: when buying CC (as a Gift Card), you could just type in a specific username and the cave cash would be sent to their account.

It's pretty common to trade CC on this site, and I think that a 'Cave Cash Gift Card' - the ability to buy CC for other users - would be very useful. 😊

Opinions?

Male
436 posts

ping • 29 October 2011 at 7:01 PM

I really like this idea, I don't see how any trolls could mess this up!

887 posts

peppermintcowboy • 29 October 2011 at 7:07 PM

@ping - Actually, I thought the current system was more vulnerable to trolls...

When I trade CC to someone, I frequently have to hold it for quite some time. A person doing this could change accounts, spend the CC anyway, lie that they have it in the first place (when they don't), or simply leave the site... meaning the person who traded with them was left in the lurch.

I thought CC gift cards would be better because that way, when someone trades for CC, they get it instantly. 😊

Was I wrong?

Male
436 posts

ping • 29 October 2011 at 7:08 PM

I meant no trolls could mess this idea up because it's so good ;D

887 posts

peppermintcowboy • 29 October 2011 at 7:10 PM

@ping - Oh! LOL - I was certain you were being sarcastic! XD

Pinging others now...
@crooton1
@chloekins
@icymuffin
@dawnie

Male
436 posts

ping • 29 October 2011 at 8:10 PM

bump

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 29 October 2011 at 8:14 PM

At first I thought you meant like Neocash cards xD lol

I really like this idea, the only suggestion I would make is having it as being purchasable WITH CC also, so if you already have it you can still send it to another person because some people get it as a present and can't get more (no I don't mean myself -_-) and then can't trade it like that xD

887 posts

peppermintcowboy • 29 October 2011 at 8:17 PM

@lizardfeather - Great idea! Makes total sense. 😊

Female
312 posts

feathershaft • 29 October 2011 at 10:16 PM

@peppermintcowboy I agree! Then we could give each other CC gift cards for birthdays and Christmas and such.

Female
2,300 posts

metaphor • 29 October 2011 at 10:18 PM

I would really like this. It'd make it easier on me so that I don't have to worry about having CC available to those I owe.

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 29 October 2011 at 10:18 PM

But EggCave isn't big enough to manufacture such things... 😸

Deleted • 29 October 2011 at 10:51 PM

I saw an idea like this somwhere else, but it had plushies instead of cards ... And with codes for CC ...

Hmm. D: This would be really nice because it would be easier to trick my dad into giving me money for these things, but ... :/

887 posts

peppermintcowboy • 30 October 2011 at 7:57 AM

@whitefall & @ijilleh - Oh my gosh, I worded my idea so poorly! I never intended actual *physical* cards. I just meant exclusively digital ones, if that makes any sense. Like the example given in the first post: you could buy a 'Gift Card' in the Cash Shop. When purchasing it, you fill in the username of the person you're giving it to. The CC would automatically go to their account.

Yeah, it was poor word choice for me to call them 'cards'. I never meant actual paper things...