Reporting Creature Names / Profiles

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Male
436 posts

ping • 2 November 2011 at 8:07 PM

Eh lets just all be mature about it, in a couple of years you guys are probably gonna be using that word on a daily basis trying to be funny with your friends lol.

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 2 November 2011 at 8:08 PM

I don't think it's a GOOD thing to have on a kids site, but i'm not bothered by it. 😋
It doesn't really offend me much. :/

Female
160 posts

hawk_fan • 2 November 2011 at 8:13 PM

I don't personally see anything wrong with the names but agree a report name option be available I think Sperm would be a better name for a whoon though because it is also a type of whale...

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 2 November 2011 at 8:28 PM

Lol @ the whale comment

I just wanted to mention says this in the site terms of service: "You must be 13 years of age or have your parents' permission to use this site." 0_o Take that however =P It might not be relevant at all, but it could also be taken as the site is more geared towards 13 year-olds... dunno.

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 2 November 2011 at 9:25 PM

Ah, I am glad not too many people are offended by my egg's name.
I love it's name 😊

@blackrose_chan Also I have seen the sperm toys at children's stores as well and thought it was very cute. It was a plushy with a happy face.

If you want there is a report user profile.
Since the egg happens to be in a profile it is part of it 😊

Pressing on the "Report Profile" will give you an option to write some comments. In the comment area you can place what offends you. That is placed there so when an Admin goes on to a profile they can just go right to the part that is against the ToS

@lizardfeather more often or not they place that there so that only mature people will be able to use the site. While working on Meez I had the pleasure to know that most people were 18+ all the way up to 75 years old.

Deleted • 2 November 2011 at 9:28 PM

@Piucca

Aw, you so calm! That shows a good eggcaver 😊

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 2 November 2011 at 9:30 PM

@chloekins 😊 Thank you. I am just sad they didn't come to me in a private message. If they told me directly I may have changed it, not likely, but in the end I would apologies they were upset over a name.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 2 November 2011 at 10:04 PM

@piucca you are being a good sport. I appreciate that, it is wrong that crooton did this publicly. However, some things are socially unexceptable and can cause unnecessary drama. There are kids on here who have strict parents and would not be happy with that name. I am sorry that things have to be that way but it is the way things are. Be careful with names and try to stray from controversial names.

And the tuesday name. Nbd. Just a song, dont read into it.

Deleted • 2 November 2011 at 10:07 PM

I agree with @balletninja. I personally wouldn't change the name, but I'd try to not name my creatures things like that in the future.

And @piucca, I feel like I'm repeating what everyone else is saying, but you seem to be a very respectful person, and able to handle things well. c:

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 2 November 2011 at 10:12 PM

@balletninja No worries. I am alright with what he did.
As far as the other name I would like to believe they did not mean the play on words.

@ijilleh Thank you 😊 I am trying to be sympathetic for both sides.

Deleted • 2 November 2011 at 10:13 PM

@piucca
No problem. ^^ You're succeeding in my opinion. 😱

Female
1,043 posts

gvantsa • 2 November 2011 at 10:13 PM

If someone or their parents don't like the name, then don't view the creature. Simple. It's not an offensive name. She should not have to change it or feel bad that it bugs some people. If it was some offensive term then yeah that's a big deal but it's not. Strict parents should just keep their kids off the internet then. There's worse things one could see even from just an advertisement.

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 2 November 2011 at 10:15 PM

@gvantsa Just in case I took a look at the ToS and from what I had read the name does not go against ToS.

As far as Ads, they are some of the cleaner I have seen on a site like this one lol. The ones I have seen on Neopets would make any mother cry hahaaa

@ijilleh ❤️

Female
832 posts

briseis • 2 November 2011 at 10:18 PM

I don't see anything wrong with sperm. To be honest, it's people being immature that puts the stigma on a perfectly normal word. When you're older a word like sperm is the least of your worries.

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 2 November 2011 at 10:24 PM

@avelaingia hahaa yes, that was a good one XD

Deleted • 2 November 2011 at 10:25 PM

@gvantsa
Exactly my point. If you don't like it, don't look at it. Simple as that.

@piucca
I think I've seen some sperm-donor ads on here. o_o Not sure, and I think it was like, a looong time ago (like v1) but yeah. Might be irrelevant, but just figured I'd throw that in. :T

Also, ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

@briseis
I'll admit, I use that word with my friends outside of this website. But, seeing as people on this site don't use that word like that, I think it should be fine.

3,562 posts

cafe • 2 November 2011 at 10:27 PM

@Piucca

I knew you from meez

Though I was more like
"Wait, is that Piucca from eggcave..?"

You're more mature on here, from what I remember x333

And I find nothing wrong with the term
I find nothing sexual about it at all

Now, if it was V*g*n*, P*n*s, or V*lva* [Dunno if those words can get me banned, lololol] then someone can say it's an inappropriate name, since they are sexual organs. But sperm? No. Sperm is a fluid. Sperm isn't sexual.

Deleted • 2 November 2011 at 10:28 PM

@avelaingia
Wait, what commercial? o_o I'm curious now. xD

Androgynous
985 posts

vampire666 • 2 November 2011 at 10:29 PM

Wow, all this came from asking for a report button. 😋

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 2 November 2011 at 10:34 PM

@ijilleh but the ToS said they are not responsable for what goes on the advertizements 😋

@cafe I am much older then I was on there,
I think it has been 3 years now. But when I was a moderator I was much better then I was before or after hehe. The three words you used are not really bad, just the naughty body parts hahaa.

@vampire666 more about the pointing fingers then anything, but I am enjoy the conversation.

Deleted • 2 November 2011 at 10:35 PM

@piucca
I see. 😱

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 2 November 2011 at 10:41 PM

I just wanted a report button on creatures, and I thought the name was bad. :/

>.>

Androgynous
985 posts

vampire666 • 2 November 2011 at 10:42 PM

@piucca - I find it pointless, really. Seriously, I've known what sperm are for as long as I can remember (my parents were very open about drugs and alcohol and stuff so my sister and I wouldn't get into trouble later in life if we didn't know anything), so when people start saying it's offensive and shouldn't be on a kids site, I just think it's a show of how 'we' shelter children too much. They're going to find out what it means sometime, right? :/

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 2 November 2011 at 10:44 PM

I find it funny when people get offended by words. Words never offend me, it's the meaning or they way in which the words are used that is offending.

3,562 posts

cafe • 2 November 2011 at 10:44 PM

@Piucca

I know, and I say them freely in real life [Wiccan, body is temple, blah blah blah, Say this a million times.] But I would see where it would be inappropriate on a site like this, because of the fact they're the "Naughty parts", and can be used in very vulgar terms. But to me, Sperm is the same as Blood, Saliva, Snot, etc etc. A fluid your body creates.

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 2 November 2011 at 10:45 PM

@crooton1 then report my profile and place in the comments area why you are reporting me.

@vampire666 I agree how children have been sheltered a bit more then they use to.

@cafe I think I might rename or adopt some other creatures haha

3,562 posts

cafe • 2 November 2011 at 10:48 PM

@Piucca

What names are you wanting? xD

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 2 November 2011 at 10:50 PM

I got Mucus! YAY!

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 2 November 2011 at 10:51 PM

Can we stop and actually look at the idea? >.>

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 2 November 2011 at 10:54 PM

I don't think the idea is that necessary.
As others and my self have already said, there is a report profile and an creature is part of that profile.