One Day Eggs

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 November 2011 at 9:50 AM

Okay so every two-three months on a random day, there should be a cave egg that is pretty common (everyone should be able to at least get one) and the next day it should retire. I know, this makes it difficult for users and they might complain about not getting one but we do anyways, even if they are out for a whole week.

It would be a good pet to trade for, and it should be a pretty desirable pet. It would also be winning if it was cute, because that factors in.

Okay, so obviously we have a side problem. But if it is one day they can't access the Tc, because they would be too young.

Like it? Hate it?

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 5 November 2011 at 9:59 AM

Yes, but only if you'd be guaranteed to get one, only one day is VERY short and in 10 tries it'd have to be amazingly common for everyone who gets on to get one... So maybe it should be more like an event, as in come online and you receive one automatically, just for coming online, that would stimulate people to check what's going on on here every day 😊

Or maybe make it like a mini plot 😸 As in solve a puzzle and get one 😃

I also think it would be better to announce it the day before the event, because it would kinda stink if a new egg were released on the one day you didn't get online o.o

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 November 2011 at 10:03 AM

@dionaea Yeah, except the whole point is you should easily be able to get three in the cave. And I think the randomness is fun. Keeps you checking back.

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 5 November 2011 at 10:10 AM

I can understand why you like the randomness, but with my luck at the cave you can probably understand my point of view too T.T Maybe make it so that the first try you get is guaranteed to be one and for the other tries you'll have a chance of getting the creature? o.o

Ah, well, I guess I can trade for them... I don't have much to complain about, I just hate my luck at the cave :/

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 November 2011 at 10:12 AM

Yeah, haha. I also have bad luck. This is supposed to be a good trading egg, like an incentive to trade if you don't get one. But I totally see where you are coming from. I just like the trading factor in this xD It would be fun to try and collect them!

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 5 November 2011 at 10:13 AM

@balletninja
@dionaea
Maybe, it would be where you have good chances of getting, say... two or three in the one day?

Male
1,842 posts

harrypotter123698 • 5 November 2011 at 1:08 PM

Awesome Idea @balletninja 😃 and it would keep cheating sides from trading too ^^

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 November 2011 at 1:12 PM

@cpqkitty Read my past posts 😋

@harrypotter123698 Thanks! 😃 Nice featured!

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 5 November 2011 at 1:20 PM

@balletninja

Interesting idea...
But they still can trade it days later. All they have to do is wait an extra 2 days.
Plus the fact that they could use their older false accounts they created weeks/months/over a year ago. I've seen it happen.
Plus greedy users will turn to their "storage" accounts

Female
8,989 posts

lola622f • 5 November 2011 at 1:37 PM

I like the idea....

Female
2,061 posts

cubexline • 5 November 2011 at 1:38 PM

Not a huge fan of this idea, I agree with @icymuffin

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 5 November 2011 at 1:56 PM

I can see where this would be an interesting idea. But I have to agree with icymuffin that this wouldn't stop, but rather encourage some people to cheat. Also, not everyone likes or wants to trade. So a creature created with the express purpose of being "good for trading" would put off a number of people from this site.

If you were guaranteed to get 1-3 on the day they came out it would have the opposite effect on trading. They would flood the market and actually not be desirable, because everyone would have so many.