An easy solution to end cheaters

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Deleted • 5 November 2011 at 2:14 PM

^^^^^^^
An easy way to end side account stealers is to perhaps put somewhere on an eggs page:
__(Pet name)___ was originally stolen from the cave by ____(Insert username)____.

Any thoughts? If the egg came from a side account, it would be clear as day! find an egg stolen by a side, report it.

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 5 November 2011 at 2:18 PM

YES!

Definitely a great idea, I also like this since it will help me remember who I traded pets from :s *stinks at remembering previous owners*

Though I also think the suggestion by someone else to optionally block the cave on your side account should be implemented then, since I sometimes get overexcited over finding a name and unintentionally steal on the wrong account :s I know, I'm a first class idiot, but that's just the way I am >.<

Female
1,525 posts

himitsutenshin • 5 November 2011 at 2:24 PM

+1

ME GUSTA

Female
71 posts

witchcraft • 5 November 2011 at 2:26 PM

YEAH!!!! +1

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 5 November 2011 at 2:26 PM

This doesn't stop them from cheating in the first place... ><"
Not everyone will take the time to check
And users can still store it away in a secret cove

But this would be useful in finding sides ^^

Deleted • 5 November 2011 at 2:26 PM

Yes

Female
2,171 posts

rosey77 • 5 November 2011 at 2:27 PM

YES 😱

Female
1,043 posts

gvantsa • 5 November 2011 at 2:30 PM

Some have secret side accounts so you never know. But I like the idea of having this option. It shows you who originally got it, maybe if it gets traded or something it has a small history of the people you also used to own it. ClickCritters has a feature like this 😉

Female
879 posts

liza200aa • 5 November 2011 at 2:44 PM

support.

Female
762 posts

thursdays_dove • 6 November 2011 at 12:43 AM

Good idea!!! 😃

Gender Fluid
3,907 posts

dreamer • 6 November 2011 at 12:50 AM

I've heard *cough* this idea being passed around, and I don't like it too much.

I mean when I was a newb, I made multiple accounts to try to get mos, but that was before sides werw allowed and tons of people had mo-hunting accounts.

So seeing "This creature was originally stolen by adption4" on Obliviate's profile would seriously guilt me to death (metaphorically, of course).

I'm sure everyone slipped up somehow when they were newbies, it just takes patient, effort, and expierience to stop some cheaters, along with discipline, but not something permanent like that.

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 6 November 2011 at 12:53 AM

Most cheaters have been on EGgCave atleast a few months to be "clever" enough to cheat though....

Female
1,762 posts

toy • 6 November 2011 at 1:59 AM

I dislike this idea.
Mostly because of trading with people with awful looking usernames...
I'm too picky for that /:

And this wouldn't be for the very old critters,
because I'm sure Ian's system doesn't go that far back to see how actually got it from the cave o-e
I could be wrong about that though.

1,317 posts

space • 6 November 2011 at 1:50 AM

I agree with @toy
though I will consider your idea, @icicle_9510
for security reasons.. 😃

Female
375 posts

chocovampire • 6 November 2011 at 1:53 AM

A very very clever idea😃

Female
1,269 posts

angel_star • 6 November 2011 at 1:59 AM

@icicle_9510

where are you going to put the list of names? =_= I don't like my eggs page being to crowded... it takes forever to load them as they are

but otherwise, I agree 😊

Female
312 posts

feathershaft • 6 November 2011 at 6:02 AM

Great idea!

Deleted • 6 November 2011 at 7:15 AM

@toy hmmm, yes that's true...hmmmm, maybe Ian could make it optional, and if this was implemented then it would start off on creatures stolen on that day?
@angel_star it would just be the name of the person who stole it, and maybe it could be right by the
"Stolen on ____(date stolen)____" and then right underneath that
"Stolen By____(user)____"
@dreamer awww☹️ don't feel bad about it, you didn't know☹️ but yes, I'd feel guilty too, I fond a star creature on my heartbreaker account when I didn't realize I was on it....☹️

Female
1,269 posts

angel_star • 7 November 2011 at 12:12 AM

@icicle_9150

oh ok 😊

Deleted • 8 November 2011 at 1:03 PM

This will work out.

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 8 November 2011 at 1:30 PM

@dreamer Yes I too didn't know and made 3 accounts. Then when I realized I gave them to family. XD

Male
2,324 posts

zafeyry • 8 November 2011 at 2:16 PM

@icicle_9510
Sides need to be able to steal at least 1 egg from the cave to trade though. Like I had to steal an egg on my side so I would be able to trade my creatures into storage.

Deleted • 8 November 2011 at 3:15 PM

@zafeyry but when you join egg cave, you pick your first egg during the sign up, there's not really any reason to use the cave after signup😋

Male
2,324 posts

zafeyry • 8 November 2011 at 4:41 PM

@icicle_9510
When I signed up for my side account, I forgot to click an egg so I don't think I should be penalized for that. Maybe if the rule was under 10 caves adopted is fine?

Female
5,902 posts

seaangel • 8 November 2011 at 4:46 PM

I love the Idea

Female
227 posts

anassa_anemou • 8 November 2011 at 4:53 PM

@zafeyry

I agree with you. When you want to passa pets to storage is super complicated. The adoption center rarely has eggs easy to find, and if you trade 5 creatures for the egg you stoled when you do the first login, how will you pass other pets in the future? You will always have to passa lots with junk egg for future trade.

I closed my side account because when I came back to the cave I didn't know you couldn't steal from the side. So I decided just to keep main, and dowsize a lot.

I don't mind @icicle_9510 idea, I just think the problem with side accounts should probally be look before that.

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 8 November 2011 at 4:57 PM

Maybe instead of it saying the original owner we could click a link on the eggs profile like something that says "Trade History" so you can see where it's been traded 😸