I don't know if this can go here but ill post it here for now and change it later if need be....

in Problems & Bugs

Female
72 posts

bloodshadows • 23 November 2010 at 12:38 PM

Okay so some of the beta's are haveing troubles with posting on profiles and forums here on the beta site, i've just managed to find a TEMPORARY solution to this problem i think, till it can actually be fixed any way 😊....

So when you go to the forums or profiles and you click on the boxes to type something it appears that you can't type anything bacause nothing shows up and it won't let you type any thing wel this is what you do that SHOULD allow you to type and send messeges........

Right click in the box and look for the 'select all option' , click on the 'select all option' then press the back space button the little flashing line should show up now and allow you to type a messege in the box now and allow you to reply in a forum or profile.......

Tell me if this worked for you guys or not? please post reply if it does work....

Female
391 posts

joy • 23 November 2010 at 1:14 PM

Wow, neat solution around the problem. Nice find! I tried it just now in IE and the select all/backspace thing did indeed work.

So far the problem only seems to be happening in the IE browser. So either people can change their browser or use your handy temporary solution. 😊

Deleted • 25 November 2010 at 2:12 PM

I have IE and it works just fine....?

Deleted • 26 November 2010 at 12:03 PM

Oh wow it works! Finally! Wow, thanks so much! I can be a proper Beta Tester again!

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 1 December 2010 at 2:00 PM

Has anybody had a problem with this OUTSIDE OF internet explorer? Or just IE is acting up on this one?

Deleted • 1 December 2010 at 4:33 PM

I think its your coding, Ian, not being compatible yet... Some IE users can do it. I think this should be made sticky until its fixed.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 24 March 2011 at 4:41 PM

is anybody still having problems with this?

Female
72 posts

bloodshadows • 25 March 2011 at 10:53 AM

i don't know ian but you might want to / probably keep it on the first page just in case for when you open up the beta to everyone and it goes public cause although you'll have it fixed and all it might happen again o.o?

Just a suggestion 😊

Other
1,553 posts

rabbitwanter • 9 April 2011 at 7:51 PM

bump, just in case... :\
ish it still not working? 😱

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 9 June 2011 at 1:47 PM

just a last update on this topic...

anybody still having problems?

@bloodshadows @rabbitwanter @pwuffy @joy

Female
391 posts

joy • 9 June 2011 at 3:23 PM

@Ian Nope, no problems here, seems you have fixed it. 😃 I'm currently typing from IE 9 (version 9.0.8112.16421) and everything is working smoothly. Good job!

Female
72 posts

bloodshadows • 9 June 2011 at 6:54 PM

Same here 😊 alls good for me too both on EI and ipod's safari

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 10 June 2011 at 10:38 AM

awesome. please reopen another topic if you continue to have this problem.