Next creature button for feeding

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
7 posts

shyblue • 30 January 2017 at 3:40 PM

I was wondering how people might feel if the site got rid of the "next creature" button or at least made it an option for those of us on older/slower systems. I am proposing just changing the feeding system so once you feed a creature it goes to the next creature on the list to be fed instead of having the extra step of clicking the "next creature" button.

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 30 January 2017 at 4:20 PM

That would be nice!

Female
4,265 posts

izziebee1017 • 30 January 2017 at 4:34 PM

YES PLEASE! And then you don't have to worry about feeding creatures that the user doesn't want fed.

Like a, "Next Creature on List" button. 😋

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 30 January 2017 at 7:57 PM

@shyblue
This is brilliant, and it would be a huge time saver!

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 30 January 2017 at 8:13 PM

@shyblue
This sounds interesting but I feel putting them in different tabs and resting the cursor over where the feed button is and then just press ctrl + w after ya pressed feed is fastest. But if on mobile on something or just can't do that then yes I like this.
I am not sure if this would be possible though and I think we should have an option to turn that off if we only wanna feed one.
Also not sure how well that'd turn out for those that have some critters that they don't want fed but I think on the beta there is a hide creature option in case someone doesn't want it fed or whatever but haven't really played around much on the new version cause I don't like it much try as I might to get used to it just can't so will deal with that when officially released xD

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 30 January 2017 at 8:17 PM

I am for this on one condition: Lists are loaded separately!

I often get my entire cove fed by new users because they use the "next creature" button. I would like that button or whatever automatic forwarding thingy that could replace it to got to the next creature on my feeding list.

NOT the next creature in my entire cove!

See what I mean?

Female
416 posts

icedmagma • 30 January 2017 at 10:25 PM

@silverserpent
That is an excellent point! This would definitely need to be implemented as well if an automatic next creature function was implemented

Female
7 posts

shyblue • 30 January 2017 at 11:07 PM

@immortalraven I can not put them in different tabs and rest over the feed button as the ads load different sizes and this doesn't work. Also an option to turn it off would be wonderful, I am just trying to get a dialog about how we could make this feature better as it seems to be very laggy on this site yet I can feed other various creatures on sites I use allot easier.

@silverserpent I agree there should be a way to just load the list only and go to next creature on that list instead of all the creatures in the cove

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 30 January 2017 at 11:11 PM

@shyblue
That's why I use adblock x3
Ah, mmk x3

Female
7 posts

shyblue • 30 January 2017 at 11:15 PM

@immortalraven unfortunately I am a youtuber so I try not to use adblock for monetary and personal reasons. well I can hope there is a way in the future to implement some way to turn off the next creature button or at least make it more efficient

Female
70 posts

doobopper • 30 January 2017 at 11:24 PM

I would totally be okay with that I think! As long as you can still view your pets.

Female
12 posts

zorro1 • 31 January 2017 at 7:16 PM

So smart and a great timesaver.

Female
1,589 posts

flowerlynx • 31 January 2017 at 7:41 PM

That'd make it easier for us iPad and tablet users. 😸