Pros and Cons of leaving Eggcave

in Chit-Chat

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 17 May 2011 at 9:04 PM

I really need a list, I know it comes down to personal matters but you guys should help me by doing this. Please don't act like you really loved me or we were best friends (if we weren't) because I am not dumb.

I have been in the situation where people have been quitting and people tell them they were best friends (the person quitting doesn't even know them) and that they will miss them and want a really nice egg as a memory, every time I see that I want to punch a pillow because it is just for the eggs.

*Keep in mind, if I had the most common eggs in my cove, would you still be saying this?

Format: (Give one pro and one con)

Pros and Cons of leaving.
Pros:

Cons:

Female
1,096 posts

leopardclaws • 17 May 2011 at 9:07 PM

Pro: You don't have to spend time feeding your own eggs and others'.
Con: You'll miss your friends and will miss out on the new and exciting features and eggs!

266 posts

asa • 17 May 2011 at 9:09 PM

@balletninja

Pros and Cons of leaving.~~

Pros: you get more time to do other things, you don't have to worry about your eggs dying, feedbacks, etc.

Cons: You have an amazing cove...do you really want to throw it all away? You probably took a long time to build it up, is it really worth it to give it away? Also, you probably have many good friends, who will be devastated by your leaving. Most of my eggcave friends I don't know in real life...and yet I still couldn't live without them.

If you're leaving, I'm really sorry I didn't get to know you better. I'm not trying to pretend we were bffls, because we weren't. It gets on my nerves when people do that too. All I can say is you will be missed dearly by everyone if you leave. ❤ī¸

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 17 May 2011 at 9:11 PM

And yes I know it is annoying when I say, I am leaving, when I am not. But I am just seeing if I can do it. I think I might really need to.

266 posts

asa • 17 May 2011 at 9:13 PM

Oh, okay. Well, whatever you decide in the end, I just hope you are happy with your decision. 😊

Deleted • 17 May 2011 at 9:13 PM

Hmmmm

Pro: Hmmm eggs will become more rare!
Con: They out there cave to waste and other people will miss them!!!

Female
241 posts

wolf-obsessor • 17 May 2011 at 9:17 PM

Hmm. Honestly
Pro - You wouldn't have to look after pixels. Have more free time to do other things.
Con - You would be missing out on all of the fun around here. Though there is drama, I think there is more fun!

Though I do not really know you, I'm sure some of the friends you've made on here will miss you. I always think it's sad to see anyone leave, even if I didn't personally know them. Although I do understand the reasons for leaving.

Female
2,919 posts

mairbear • 17 May 2011 at 9:17 PM

@balletninja

Pro: You'll have more time for real life.
Con: You'll have 1 less thing you can do when real life slows down.

I really think it's all about balance 😊 Keep playing but don't think of it as a major commitment. And I'm speaking as someone who quit and returned ^^

Cis Woman
163 posts

smartie2742 • 17 May 2011 at 11:24 PM

Pro: Don't have the "chore" of feeding eggs everyday.
Con: Your eggs will die- unless you give them away. Which would end up being a con itself- so many people clamoring for all your eggs. Spamming up your profile with "awww i'll miss u soooo much!!!1! we never talked b4 or anything but can i haz ur foo & ur brohu & ur mo & ur tine & ur first born child?!!?!? i'll be teh bestest owner evur!!1!7!!1" Not to mention if you ever decide to come back, you'll likely never see aforementioned eggs again. And by the time you DO come back, all those eggs you once had would be rare and coverted. Only the COOLEST kids will have them. And you won't. Also think of all the new, rare, shiny, LE eggs that will come out that you will miss out on and will have a lot of fun trying to trade for- as all your "rare eggs" will have been given out to people who refuse to return them, or people who have let them die. Or people who have renamed them, so you can't even find them anymore...

Basically, stay for the sake of your awesome cove!

And if time or whatever is really that much of a problem, you can always just "leave" but keep your eggs on Tim. Come back on a monthly basis to put your eggs back on Tim. Then if and when you decide on coming back, you'll still have your beloved creatures! (I've thought of doing this before, but I find myself on this site everyday nonetheless. xD)

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 17 May 2011 at 11:33 PM

Pro: Obviously, you have more time on your hand. You no longer have to deal with dying eggs and annoying users. You don't have to think about wasting your time & possibly money.

Cons: You'll miss out on some chances of good times and leave behind a community. You'll have to deal with giving up your creatures or leave with the fact that your creatures were left to die. You might never come back since you'll have to face starting over with an empty cove.

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 18 May 2011 at 12:43 AM

@icymuffin I had too D: all that was left was my alkub, not even my tine, or roo.

@balletninja NOO!!!! remember our talk? ☚ī¸
YOU CANT!

THERE ARE NO PROS!! D; except maybe having more time in real life. and the cons are:
everything!
you'll friends will miss you
people will cry
crying causes depression
depression hurts
people will commit suicide
everyone in the world will die
IF YOU QUIT YOU'LL CAUSE THE APOCALYPSE! D;

Female
2,344 posts

nkiay • 18 May 2011 at 2:28 AM

Pros: You can do things with real people, make real connections that will matter. Exercise and do things outside, have fun playing games. Work on bettering your life in your pursuit of happiness. The things that make us truly happy are are relations and interactions with the people we love.

Cons: Your online pets will metaphorically die. And friends who know nothing about your real life will miss typing messages to your page.

I mean that in the most sportive and positive way possible. 😃 I'm just being truthful.

1,764 posts

james-bond • 18 May 2011 at 3:43 AM

The whole thing with quitting, I COMPLETELY agree. People say "I'll miss you!" If ONE person on egg cave says that to me when I quit, I'm just gonna tell them: whatever.

But people also say they're gonna quit to draw attention to themselves. That isn't right either. And these days, I see that alot of people are doing that.

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 18 May 2011 at 4:34 AM

Even if I don't know a person and I see they're quitting, it still makes me feel sad. I love this website, you guys are amazing! And to see somebody having to quit... yes, I will miss them. It's the community that MAKES egg cave. ❤ī¸

Last year I went through a tough time in life, and I left the site for a few weeks. But I knew deep down that I'd end up coming back. I went through the pros and cons in my head and decided... do I really want to? I relax on this website. Without that, I'd have to find something new I enjoy. So I decided to stay. 😸

Pros: You can actually LIVE your life, knowing you don't have to log onto the computer everyday to check on your creatures, or to spend countless hours feeding back.

Cons: People WILL miss you! As the site grows and grows, more features will be released, you never know what you might be missing in the future. I love getting new updates, I'm sure everybody else does too. 😊 And your cove, that you've worked so hard for, will no longer exist.

Of course, it's always down to what the user feels is best for themselves, and I'll support them whatever the decision. 😊

Female
629 posts

merlin7576 • 18 May 2011 at 7:41 AM

Balletninja, if u quit, I quit, but thats okay, I don't want to pressure you into staying by threatening quitting on you. I know you hate the random people doing that, and I do too... ☚ī¸ ☚ī¸ If you have to quit, thats okay, but frankly your one of the last of my really good friends on here that I DON'T know in real life, (the other two are dawnfur and thepells).

Here are my pros and cons.
PROS: No more stress from feeding eggs/letting eggs die etc. YOu can actually live youre life and make more REAL friendships (i'm sorry but these friendships are not real). You can spend less time on screens and be healthier.

CONS: miss new features/eggs. people will miss you.

(ooooppsie i think my pros outwiegh the cons)

Male
216 posts

someone123 • 18 May 2011 at 8:47 AM

Hmm I know were not that rly close but I just rly want to help someone out in need I always do its my weakness or strength eh I dont know so here are the pros and cons

PROS: You will be able to live your life out there enjoy the environment, get to do activities, go to your friends who you actually know and get to spend more quality time with your family and finally less hassle because you know feeding takes a while

CONS: Missing out on features, ppl missing you, your creatures needs to be adopted out and you will feel that your hardwork is done for nothing. Leaving without you knowing whats happening in the community, your creatures and your friends here is ultra hard.

Hope I helped you decide take this from me who thought of quitting before but I never announced it dont want ppl to worry 😊

Female
729 posts

vanilla • 18 May 2011 at 10:51 AM

I'm planning on quitting too. But just temporarily, such as leaving for a long period of time and coming back. But I just can't seem to let go of my eggs and give them to the hand's of one of my friends here. 😋 I also need suggestions? :/
EggCave is making it really hard for me to work on my homework and study for my upcoming exams and the eggs in my main account and storage account are all low on happiness and a few have already died. I don't exactly want to quit but I kind of want to.

Should I? 😱

Female
35 posts

nyxulfr • 18 May 2011 at 1:34 PM

@vanilla How about leaving your creatures with Tim for a month? That'll give you some time to think about it without stressing about unhappy eggs. It also lets you trying being without Egg Cave for some time, seeing how it feels.

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 18 May 2011 at 1:42 PM

Well, I attempted to quit, but I had so much extra time, and nothing to do, so I came back. Only lasted 10 days. When I went on vacation to _____ for 5 weeks, I missed EggCave dearly, and realized it's a part of me. ❤ī¸

Female
35 posts

nyxulfr • 18 May 2011 at 2:28 PM

@whitefall I agree with you on EggCave being a part of me, I could never quit this place. Like Elluwah said, I come to EC to relax, I really need a place like this these days.

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 18 May 2011 at 2:38 PM

To be apart of EggCave, you don't have to come on everyday for five hours. You can come on for a hour every other day, or a little bit of time every so often.

Note: You don't have to feedback people on here. I really don't. 😋 [Unless I feel like it, which is very rare...]

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 18 May 2011 at 3:05 PM

@whitefall Well... if nobody feeds back, then isn't that a bit unfair? o_O Not to mention the initial point of this site is adoptable eggs. If people's eggs don't hatch because nobody is helping them out, then no wonder people quit so soon. >.<

Sorry, not to have a go at you or anything. XD It's just something I've started to wonder about since we got forums. Perhaps it's starting to take over the egg aspect of the site?

Although I do definitely agree that being part of egg cave doesn't mean you have to be online all day every day. Come on now and again, and all is well. ^__^

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 18 May 2011 at 3:10 PM

@elluwah - Well, they just could be feeding for the EC. 😸 But, occasionally, I do feedback to be fair. XD

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 18 May 2011 at 3:15 PM

@whitefall Okay, I forgive you. 😉 I tend to avoid feeding as much as I can, if I'm honest. XD I feed every week or so, and the rest of the time I enjoy just lurking and occasionally throwing in my opinion in the forums. ;D

*going completely off topic haha*

Female
629 posts

merlin7576 • 18 May 2011 at 3:55 PM

@elluwah also one thing about feeding-it's a gamble 1/2 of people aren't gonna feed back

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 18 May 2011 at 3:57 PM

@elluwah - Feeding used to be an old EggCave tradition, but now, Ark citizens are ditching the traditions for the forums. XD Kinda like the world, except ditching traditions for technology and other modern things. 😊

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 18 May 2011 at 4:04 PM

Pro: You get more time in real life!
Con: You miss us and your eggs!

Female
35 posts

nyxulfr • 18 May 2011 at 4:04 PM

@whitefall Yeah, too bad that it is like this, not just because my eggs needs hatching. 😊

But I think that when the novelty of the forum is over, people'll get back to feeding eggs.

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 18 May 2011 at 4:08 PM

Yeah. It's somewhat new, and the excitement is still stirring.

According to Oprah, you can stay excited about something for unto eight months. (Unless you'remobsessed with it...xD)

That's one exception, and if it's. Memory. if it's a memory, you'll remember it, and you really can't get bored of it....

😃 Don't ask, my mom made me watch. O_o

Male
216 posts

someone123 • 18 May 2011 at 6:06 PM

@vanilla: No pls dont quit! ☚ī¸