Egg Cave Malware?

in Problems & Bugs

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 15 December 2011 at 10:00 PM

Internet Explorer keeps on crashing when I'm using EC.

Plus, my anti-virus program on my protected computer keeps on blocking malware from Egg Cave.

I heard Icymuffin got a virus, too.

What's going on?

@Ian
@Zac
@Meteoroid
@Annapashmina

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 15 December 2011 at 10:06 PM

@crescentfeather I do too. :/ My comp will randomly freeze or the screen will go black. Once it froze and when I turned it on again, it beeped at me. O.O

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 15 December 2011 at 10:06 PM

I just got a "Malicious Toolkit" thingy notification. o.o

Male
2,324 posts

zafeyry • 15 December 2011 at 10:08 PM

That just happened to me. I had to restart my computer.

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 15 December 2011 at 10:08 PM

Uhhh, is there something wrong with the Site Trivia? O.o

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 15 December 2011 at 10:08 PM

...doesn't happen with me...

weird o.0

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 15 December 2011 at 10:09 PM

This is bad D:

Male
2,324 posts

zafeyry • 15 December 2011 at 10:11 PM

Site Trivia scares me...

EDIT: And my computer told me someone else was logged into my computer...

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 15 December 2011 at 10:12 PM

Yeah...
Eggcave is starting to freak me out as a whole...

Male
2,324 posts

zafeyry • 15 December 2011 at 10:15 PM

Do you think we should log off?

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 15 December 2011 at 10:15 PM

@Ian This is important... D:

I wonder what happened to Egg Cave...

Female
2,639 posts

sarahsaurus • 15 December 2011 at 10:15 PM

I have an apple IPad. No problems here. 😸

Female
4,171 posts

qwaszx • 15 December 2011 at 10:17 PM

I'm on my IPod Touch ATM... My parents are gonna flip if EC killed my computer, they are already a little iffy about it.☹️

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 15 December 2011 at 10:18 PM

@sarahsaurus What browser?

Female
1,096 posts

leopardclaws • 15 December 2011 at 10:24 PM

Ian said that Internet Explorer is not a good browser to use with EggCave, maybe that's it. Malware once infected EggCave from an add or something, but it was soon cleared up.
@Ian
@Meteoroid
@Annapashmina
@Zac

Female
5,185 posts

sakura2596 • 15 December 2011 at 10:45 PM

yep thats a virus,my dad just told me! ☹️ im sorry,i had a virus,it deleted ALL of my stuff,i couldnt even get on the internet! ☹️

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 15 December 2011 at 10:52 PM

@zafeyry
site trivia is just because there isn't one today for some weird reason.

@everyoneelseonthisforum
Use Firefox!

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 15 December 2011 at 11:07 PM

Um, I don't think it was because of Egg Cave for me...
I did get my laptop checked just 3 days ago and it turns out that somehow my anti-virus thingy was missing. So, yeah... :/
I think that's what the problem was. But I'm not sure.

And I've been using Egg Cave on the other comp. (which I'm absolutely sure has anti-virus programs) for the past few days instead & I visited Egg Cave and it didn't say that Egg Cave has a malware or anything.

But I don't know about viruses and those sorts of things...

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 15 December 2011 at 11:08 PM

I have had a threat detected on firefox before from eggcave.

I didn't think much of it though. Just thought it was an error, my virus cleaner got rid of it though.

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 15 December 2011 at 11:14 PM

I'm using Google Chrome and I'm not experiencing any problems.

Female
494 posts

plookle • 15 December 2011 at 11:15 PM

It's unlikely that you're getting anything malicious from eggcave. It's true that it happened (once) but if anything that instance proved that such an infraction can be dealt with quickly and with minimal damage by Ian.

Some browsers such as internet explorer can be slow or even stop responding. This happens to me sometimes and the best thing to do is simply close the browser. You may want to restart your whole computer, but usually closing the offending browser or clearing the cache is sufficient.

Additionally, I have very powerful malware protection software and my computer isn't detecting anything from egg cave, so more likely you guys have a problem specific to your computer, or maybe to some other sites you've been browsing.

Keep in mind that I am in no way an expert on this, but these are my thoughts. I wouldn't worry too much about Egg Cave infecting your computers; it has consistently been a safe and secure website. If you think your computer has been infected by something look first to the other, less reputable websites you might frequent.

Female
2,910 posts

duchess • 15 December 2011 at 11:24 PM

Hmm, I tried logging onto eggcave on my account @bumblebee13_7, and I was told my password was wrong. Someone had changed it. I got the password reset link sent, tried logging onto my Gmail account, then was told by Gmail that my password for the account had been changed an hour before. I didn't change it.

That was yesterday, and now it's happened again. I haven't been on any other sites but Egg Cave, but I'm not sure if it's related and it's actually quite scary that my passwords keep being changed.

Deleted • 15 December 2011 at 11:26 PM

I use Google Chrome and never have any problems.

So Google is definitely taking over the world. 😈

Female
2,910 posts

duchess • 15 December 2011 at 11:30 PM

@qwerty732797, I use Chrome too, but something still happened to me D:

Deleted • 16 December 2011 at 12:01 AM

@duchess

It sounds like your problem is more of somebody stole your login information than the evil malware has put a virus on your computer. So I don't think it so much relates to the browser being used in that regards. It is kind of creepy that your password keeps changing though. 😱

Female
2,910 posts

duchess • 16 December 2011 at 12:04 AM

@qwerty732797 You're probably right about someone stealing my information.
Yeah, it's really weird that the passwords keep changing, but it's only for one Egg Cave account, and only for one email account too, so I don't really know what's going on.

Female
1,043 posts

gvantsa • 16 December 2011 at 12:31 AM

Ew Internet Explorer. Switch to Google Chrome or Firefox they are much better. Internet Explorer I'm told is not safe to use. I have been on this site over two years and never had an issue with viruses, malware, etc. But I've had virus related issues many times in the past on other sites because of Internet Explorer.

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 16 December 2011 at 11:06 AM

I HAVE to use IE, Firefox crashed.

-_-;

I get the "Malicious Toolkit" stuff on both my computers, so...

Female
864 posts

sprite • 16 December 2011 at 11:22 AM

IE is the worse browser ever created!

I use Goggle Chrome and my computer is supped up on protection. Nothing has been indicated.

Deleted • 16 December 2011 at 11:24 AM

It's probably your computer that's the issue. Have a good scan done on it with your anti-virus software. And try using Google chrome. Internet explorer really does suck. Our school even tells us not to use it. But they have us use Firefox instead. If firefox not work for you try other browsers because internet explorer is the worst to use. Easiest way to get a virus.