Freeze account

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 10:47 AM

This is if you're gone for a long time, like over a month.

Okay, if you have to go for a LONG time, you should get the option to "freeze" your account. You can't use the cave, feed eggs, adopt/trade, buy travels, etc.

This is only so your eggs live.

And if someone randomly turns the freeze on/off over and over again, basically abusing it, they get a penalty.

It's kind of like the baby app on facebook/myspace where you put the babies in doll mode, to give an example.

Other
1,553 posts

rabbitwanter • 21 June 2011 at 11:07 AM

@victoria_egg_storage ~
thats a good idea 😊

Female
1,571 posts

isis • 21 June 2011 at 11:10 AM

@victoria_egg_storage I think that's a good diea 😱😃

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 3:25 PM

Woo ^-^

Deleted • 21 June 2011 at 3:29 PM

Very nice idea 😊

Male
2,935 posts

miomar • 21 June 2011 at 3:36 PM

I had kinda the same idea 0_0

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 21 June 2011 at 8:14 PM

Oh yes! I wouldn't have to worry about going on vacation anymore! How about a limit, though-2 freezes per year or so?

I shall PING IAN!

@Ian , oh @Ian!!!!

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 21 June 2011 at 8:16 PM

@Crescentfeather You are such copier. WAH!!! ;-;

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 21 June 2011 at 8:18 PM

@crooton1 If someone copies you, it means they think you are so awesome they can't help themselves. It's why paintings are copied all the time by adoring fans.

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 21 June 2011 at 8:25 PM

or by evil counterfeiters XD

2,403 posts

evolutary • 22 June 2011 at 7:06 AM

The freezing is cool but isn't that what Tim's for?

Female
4,589 posts

crescentfeather • 22 June 2011 at 11:51 AM

@redfire77 True. LOL 😊

Deleted • 22 June 2011 at 6:35 PM

@evolutary

Some people don't have enough EC to put them with Tims for the lotted time they will be gone

Deleted • 25 June 2011 at 12:03 AM

Bump 😸

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 25 June 2011 at 12:06 AM

I think that the 2000 thing is fair and then you can keep your eggs under level 2000 in Tim's.

Deleted • 25 June 2011 at 12:10 AM

@crooton1

What 2000 thing o.o
What about Tim's

WHA? D:

And I don't think this should cost EC? It's a last resort.

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 25 June 2011 at 12:11 AM

No, no. Eggs over level 2000 will never die. You can book Tim's for 2 months. :/

Deleted • 25 June 2011 at 12:13 AM

OHH I was so confused XD Thought someone posted something and I was missing it.

And again, this is for last resorts.

You're not going to be on, so why spend your EC on your eggs/hatchlings/etc when you can freeze your account for free?

But, you can't do anything until you unfreeze it.

Again, basically a last resort.

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 25 June 2011 at 12:15 AM

Well, it should only be for an xxx amount of time. :/

Deleted • 25 June 2011 at 12:19 AM

But, if you have an emergency and have to leave, you'd know you'd be safe

You could be gone a month to a whole year - and with this you wouldn't have to worry about Tim's. Wouldn't have to worry about your eggs dying.

May I ask why you don't like this idea? Why you think there should be a time limit? Reasons? Examples?

Female
629 posts

merlin7576 • 25 June 2011 at 6:29 AM

I think its a smart idea but you sould only be able to freeze your account for more than tims is allowed, just so tims will still be used.

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 25 June 2011 at 7:04 AM

@victoria_egg_storage

Well, I think @Crooton1 was thinking of users who are simply tired of eggcave, freeze their account and come back after like forever to find all their creatures happy and intact. I think this option would work best if you would have to indicate in advance EXACTLY how long you want your account frozen and you can't unfreeze your account before that. This would take away the advantage of it for semi-quitters, since they don't know when they'll be back, while users who are really away/really need a break but intend to come back can still use this option.

Deleted • 25 June 2011 at 2:04 PM

@merlin7576 ~

Tim's cost EC, this would be free - And what if you think you're going to be gone 2 months [Lotted time for Tim's] and end up gone 3? This is again, a last resort. And some people who will be gone 2 months and have a LOT of eggs, might not be able to afford the whole time with Tim's.

Again, this is a last resort, not something to be turned on and off frequently. And as I said, if someone abuses this, they will have to face punishment [Up to Ian, maybe a week long ban?]

@dionaea ~

As I said, some people might not know when they get back. For vacation, I'd get because you could have a set date to come back, but some people can't know. Like, say someone dies and they go out of state for a funeral. You might not know when you come back

Again, free compared to Tim's. I know if I had to be gone two whole months and put both my accounts with Tim's, I couldn't do it.

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 25 June 2011 at 2:10 PM

@victoria_egg_storage

I know, but you at least have an indication, like when you'll be back for sure, so you can just freeze it until then. You might have to do without eggcave for a while, but its still better than having your creatures die.

Deleted • 25 June 2011 at 2:17 PM

@dionaea

I know what you mean, but I'm thinking that could back fire because you could be gone longer, or shorter.

Like, with my funeral idea, You could come a week early. And you're locked out of your account.

Or a few weeks late, and oops - Half your cove has died.

And sometime's people can't know. Like, say I got really sick and was bed ridden [Like pneumonia] and couldn't get onto the computer. What I mean is, sometime's you can't have a set date.

~Idea~

How about, when you freeze your account, instead of a set date you put a password or Pin

When you get back, say early, you put it in and it unfreezes your account

If you get back late - you put it in and it unfreezes your account, but you can't re-use the freeze for a while. Unless it's an emergency, then you put in a reason [Say - Mom's in hospital] and if Ian sees something that doesn't sound right/does sound like an emergency [Going away for a bit] he can un-freeze your account.

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 25 June 2011 at 2:31 PM

@victoria_egg_storage

I think the penalty would be a good thing, but it would still require you to give an approximate date 😊 I think that maybe you could also say like two weeks early or two weeks late is allowed and then after the extra two weeks at the end the account unfreezes automatically and the creatures are put at Tims until the person returns (up to two months). The penalty would be the money you lose to Tim (in this case a negative EC should be possible as well). The penalty for being too early is having to wait until your account can unfreeze.

Deleted • 25 June 2011 at 2:36 PM

@dionaea

That's were we have to disagree [Not being mean, just stating it out] Because this is so you don't have to worry about your eggs [Or EC] getting taken away. And you shouldn't have to worry about the date you put your eggs running out or you being locked out of your account because you got home early from something out of your control

This isn't a punishment, but a way to keep your eggs alive and your EC intact.

But, we can agree on that this would be an important idea, to help people out in the long run

And when I said penalty, I meant like [Turn on freeze one week, turn off the next, repeating every week]

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 25 June 2011 at 2:45 PM

@victoria_egg_storage

I see your point, but turning it on and off isn't the only problem, the other is quitters who freeze their account, not really planning to return, but since its there anyway. I don't think these people should be able to come back at any time after being gone for ages and find their eggs intact and suddenly extremely valuable.

And I understand it's not supposed to be a penalty but a way to keep your eggs alive, which it still does, even with penalties for being late or early in place. Also if you care about these eggs you should be able to at least give an indication of when you will be back. I'd be willing to say 1 month early and one month late being allowed, I don't see how you can be THAT far off in estimating your return time.

Deleted • 25 June 2011 at 2:47 PM

@victoria_egg_storage

I love the idea 😊

Deleted • 25 June 2011 at 3:03 PM

@dionaea

Well, if a death of a loved one happens you wouldn't really care about eggs at the moment, and sometimes the whole process of a funeral, plus the grieving, etc can take a LONG time

My mom grieved over her grandma for about half a year [when she was my age], and slept all the time, never wanting to do anything.

This is, again, for serious last resorts. In the cases this would be used - Some knowing a date, a small percentage not - but it would be better to have no date than have a date and the person who lost a family member come back after an unknown time to find they passed the point and they're eggs died +they're in the hole for Tim's.

How about this

If you know when you're going to be back, you put a date

If you don't know, you click a box that put's unknown [And type a reason]

And then you put in a pin to give when you get back to unfreeze your account, date or not.

And about the quitter things, I think they should be allowed to quit and freeze their account, but after a certain amount of time [Say about a year] your account gets shut down and you can't re-open it unless Ian allows you to [Which I don't see because you were gone a whole year]. Like when you don't use your email for a lotted amount of time.