what should be Redrawn

in Site Feedback & Ideas

2,425 posts

blackrose_chan • 28 June 2011 at 11:50 PM

truefully I did not like the rosse egg before cause it was scary and reminded me of those creepy dogs in silent hill. now there better looking but not here to say anything but to listen to what you guys want to be redrawn?

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 29 June 2011 at 12:13 AM

I'm content with plenty of the artwork, to be honest. The only ones that bug me a bit would be the Caiman, Calla, and Chimera.

The funny thing about the Chimera is the split artwork. It seems as if one artist drew the first two stages and then passed it on to another artist. It's more of the consistency rather than the actual artwork.

887 posts

peppermintcowboy • 29 June 2011 at 12:24 AM

The Taigrin. Definitely the Taigrin. It's cringe-worthy.

9,386 posts

smilies • 29 June 2011 at 12:28 AM

@avelaingia ??? Don't you mean THE FIRST STAGE BAISTAY? The 2nd is cooler than cool, it's ICE COLD 8D The first, now THAT'S UGLY 😸

I think the calla could do with a makeover, no offense meant to the artist 😸

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 29 June 2011 at 12:29 AM

@peppermintcowboy I heard from somewhere that ian used the actual user-made artwork for the taigrin. :/ maybe that's why. I think the calla needs to be redrawn. ugh. and maybe the beweg. weird butt

Female
128 posts

crazymushroom • 29 June 2011 at 12:39 AM

@avelaingia OMG yeah, the Beweg butts are odd. It looks like the legs are attached to it's torso. o.0

Here's what I think:

Baistay: Second stage is hideous.
Arnmnae: The tongue on the second stage really creeps me out and the 1st stage is too small.
Caiman: It's eye is like a blue smear and it's legs stick out all weird.
Chocobs: The paw sticks out way too far.
Grubbug: I like the second stage okay, but overall, they are hideous.
Snolo: I love the egg, but I think that the hatched version should have a different face. It reminds me of a rapist.... ;0
Bewegs: What avelaingia said 😋

No offense to the artists, everyone has their own opinion, I'm sure lots of people love these creatures. 😋

9,386 posts

smilies • 29 June 2011 at 12:41 AM

@crazymushroom What is wrong with you people? Did you never see Digimon or anything? xD BAISTAY SECOND STAGE IS AWESOME 😋 And I liek Arnmnae! And chocobs! And SNOLO! 😱 How could you people? 😋

Female
128 posts

crazymushroom • 29 June 2011 at 12:47 AM

@Smilies Haha, I have seen Digimon 😋 But I think that the first stage Baistay is really cute XD. I like Chocobs, and the idea of them, I just think that it's kind of creepy. 😋 And Snolos are cool, I really like them, I just would like the face to be different. I actually do like the Arnmnaes okay, they're pretty cute, except for the tongue and the fact that all of it is one color.

I think that when redraws occur, we should get the option to pick the old one or the new one. Idk, that would probably be too complicated, but I know a lot of users who liked the old Rosse better.

Female
223 posts

eggtrainer • 29 June 2011 at 3:20 AM

Caimans and the last stage Krah need to be redrawn :x

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 29 June 2011 at 10:14 AM

@crazymushroom Grubbugs look perfectly fine to me. Artwork and design-wise. I think the point is for it to be a nasty insect to begin with. 😋

Deleted • 29 June 2011 at 10:27 AM

I don't like unhemns.. >.<

Female
241 posts

wolf-obsessor • 29 June 2011 at 10:37 AM

I think all of the first/older creatures should be redrawn.
They seem too simple compared to the detail of the newer creatures.

Specifically I mean,
Aerlo
Alkub
Caiman
Chimera
(maybe) Flor
Garguaith
Krah
Punbundu
Salaslyke
Unhemn
Yeep

While I love all the creatures, I think that some of them could use some more detail. If you look at some newer creatures and then look at say, The Alkub, you can see how the Alkub doesn't have the same detail and coloring.

Deleted • 29 June 2011 at 11:09 AM

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it needs to be redrawn! Ian only usually redraws old artwork, I'm assuming.

Alkub
Flor
Garguaith
Mekii (maybe)
Yeep

If you notice the thick lining, its probably older.

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 29 June 2011 at 11:21 AM

I actually love the old creatures, I'd really rather they didn't change. 😊 I love the variation between artwork styles too (between old and new), so the added detail and improved colouring in newer creatures just reminds us that they're... well, newer. 😋

Although right at this minute, I definitely think the Caiman needs redrawing. Just because it's legs look a little awkwardly placed and it seems a bit too "off" in general.

Deleted • 29 June 2011 at 1:42 PM

The only one imo that needs a redraw is the Calla. 😋 It looks to simple. The rest are fine.

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 29 June 2011 at 7:45 PM

The Calla could have like giant wings and maybe make it white... idk

I would like a redrawn Caiman ❤ī¸

2,425 posts

blackrose_chan • 30 June 2011 at 5:34 PM

the only old creature I like is Nipha(hope it never changes) but caiman happens to be the one that most people want to be redrawn callas do look a little messy compared to new ones.

Female
244 posts

lilacblack • 30 June 2011 at 6:30 PM

well i think the ones who need it are:

aerlo it's alilttle weird and it could be better
2nd stage of baistay
as everyone think the caiman it could be awsome but the truth it looks so simple
calla
Garguaith
maybe alittle bit horsca
maybe too the obarn
Salaslyke
sey i don't like first stage at all
yeep
beweg

i like all the creatures but thay couls look better remember just in my opinion

2,425 posts

blackrose_chan • 30 June 2011 at 6:38 PM

no way on obarn people still like the obarn 😸 it's cool

Female
2,003 posts

furfur • 30 June 2011 at 6:41 PM

I don't want anything redrawn I like them all the way they are

I miss my old Rosse ☚ī¸

Female
244 posts

lilacblack • 1 July 2011 at 10:03 AM

really it was little bit scary

Female
6,239 posts

redstar-fireclan • 1 July 2011 at 10:08 AM

I think the Calla should be re-drawn. I like the others 😃

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 2 July 2011 at 9:45 AM

I will admit, I'm one of those people who miss the old Rosse. I personally LOVED the scaryness of them, and the fact they had no face at all. Creepy things like that have always been something I liked, and I was quite disappointed to see them change. Put it this way... My Rosse is called "Faceless". So-named due to how they didn't have a face. And now they do, so the name kinda fails. XD

But on the other hand, the redraw DOES look fantastic. It's all shiny now! ❤ī¸

Male
619 posts

dragonstorm78 • 2 July 2011 at 9:54 AM

Honestly, I think the only one who should be redrawn is the Caiman. The egg holds so much potential for what it could be, and yet...

Female
535 posts

katrinwolf • 4 July 2011 at 5:56 AM

Aerlos are a bit boring. Alkubs look quite plain, and IMHO Mekiis could have been cutier (I love Tim, but the original Mekiis... can't believe it's one species). And perhaps Caiman eyes.

Female
40 posts

turtle624 • 4 July 2011 at 5:37 PM

I honestly think the artwork is fine on this site. 😊
I like the creatures I like because of their artwork.
Half of the creatures mentioned on this page are some of my favourites. I especially love Krahs XD
I would be really upset if their art was changed.

2,425 posts

blackrose_chan • 6 January 2012 at 9:03 PM

helping old topics.

still looking for star remover