We need a plan!

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
488 posts

flashbunny • 5 July 2011 at 4:06 PM

@balletninja me - against it. Fully. I'm sorry but breeding? The whole point of EC is that we get eggs from the cave...i mean it is named Egg Cave... -hides-

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 July 2011 at 4:07 PM

@falshbunny I think you went to the wrong breeding. And whatever I might quit someday as soon as the pets run dry (it is already starting to for me)

Female
488 posts

flashbunny • 5 July 2011 at 4:09 PM

@balletninja lol nah i wanted to see THAT breeding topic. Wasn't really going for the one you suggested, just wanted to see what's under breeding topics anyway o.o' but yeah. I would never fully quit :] i'd just disappear for some time and then come back, just to let the changes flow in 😃

1,247 posts

Zac • 5 July 2011 at 4:13 PM

@balletninja

Your arguments make some sense but the general logic behind them seem flawed. What you're suggesting is that Ian release limited eggs merely for the sake of convenience. Does it really make sense that the users who have been here the longest have had the greatest opportunity to own rare creatures? Yes, and that's the premise of Egg Cave.

Nothing can be gained without hard work and perseverance. This holds true both on Egg Cave and real life. It is definitely possible to obtain these creatures. I've been looking for a Doovoo egg for about 6 months now up until about a week ago... and I signed up within the first 20 minutes Egg Cave opened. Is it difficult? Does it take time? Yes, but that's what makes this game fun to play.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 July 2011 at 4:16 PM

@zac I am not saying go out and give out eggs willy nilly, I am just saying more some more available, there are great ideas. Like reconstruction. With (springly) giving out (more like making you work to get) a rare egg or two, it should balance out the new users. You would still have to work, just in a different way.

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 5 July 2011 at 4:18 PM

Frankly, if a newbie signs up and expects a Tine to fall into their lap, they are gravely mistaken. Earth did not stop spinning when dinosaurs went extinct. Neither should Egg Cave.

Just adapt and evolve. It's actually a whole lot less fun when eggs are readily available instead of working for them.

1,247 posts

Zac • 5 July 2011 at 4:19 PM

@balletninja

Many users, myself included, have spent countless hours and CC to trade up to their dream eggs. If they were given out, however sparingly, that would defeat the purpose of that hard work. I'm all for giving new users a fair advantage but not if that means undermining the work that other users have put into this site.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 July 2011 at 4:21 PM

@meteoroid I wish one had for me, I remember when I was new I LEFT because no one would trade me a tine, I came back because I was bored 6 months later. And did you read what I said at the bottom, you would still have to work, just differently. Maybe I am just sick of unreasonable offers and no one having uft Doovoos or macbots.

Female
488 posts

flashbunny • 5 July 2011 at 4:21 PM

Agreeing to both. I could have never said it any better than them.

-just cause y'know, my English pretty much sucks..-

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 July 2011 at 4:26 PM

And you know, I saved up also, I cleaned a lady's house with an urn in it just to get money for CC. So it is not like I am spoiled. I got my onny from a user that was inactive, what were the chances that she would come back? I have hunted with all my might for sleeping coves, I guess I will have to keep trying, and keep failing. Like usual.

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 5 July 2011 at 4:28 PM

@flashbunny I think your English is just fine. I even had to check on your profile to see where you were from because I didn't notice anything really wrong with it. 😋

I just believe that the eggconomy is fragile as it is already. At this current point in time, re-releasing creatures doesn't seem too much of a viable option.

Female
488 posts

flashbunny • 5 July 2011 at 4:28 PM

@balletninja be happy you can even get CC then. even if i had the money, i wouldn't be able to get CC anyway. So it's even harder for me i guess?..

EDIT:

Lol, thanks - i try, though i usually use other words instead of what i would like to use just cause i can't remember or don't know the actual phrase for it.. 😋

1,247 posts

Zac • 5 July 2011 at 4:29 PM

@balletninja

But that's my point! You worked hard for it and probably felt pretty accomplished once you achieved your goal, correct? Why should that be diminished?

It sucks that you've "failed," but I also believe that that is a really good to experience and it certainly does not happen 100% of the time. Keep trying and you will eventually succeed, like what happened with your Tine.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 5 July 2011 at 4:36 PM

I am not saying I want things easy, I just want things to be possible. Without an -Im And yes I do feel happy when I get rare eggs, I just want that happiness to still be available because lately there hasn't been much going around.

Not like available as in, oh yeah I just bought a doovoo for 100,000 Ec, no you are right that is lame and NEVER what I wanted but more like OH YEAH, I BOUGHT A DOOVOO FOR 1 BILLION EC! (P.s Maybe that only applies to me because I hate feeding pets xD)

Female
2,916 posts

lily- • 5 July 2011 at 4:46 PM

Looking at how long people you people have been on egg cave I would be considered a newbie. Though I totally agree with what you are saying because you can't get everything by chance, you need to work for it and after you have worked hard and got what you want, it makes you extremely unhappy if you lose it.

I do on the other hand think that if a egg cave creature is on the brink of extinction (though there may not be any now), there should be a way for the older users of egg cave (e.g. people who have played more than a year or something) to get them. I don't mean to say without working hard though, but I'm not entirely sure what they would need to do to get them because you do need to keep the rarity of the creatures at the same time as well.

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 5 July 2011 at 5:18 PM

I would never be able to get a doovoo, macbot or onny. But that doesn't mean I want them rereleased. People have traded A LOT to get one and if they were released again, it would be a riot.

Deleted • 5 July 2011 at 11:40 PM

Well, as a newbie, I agree with this, since my hopes have been severely crushed of hoping to own a nice pet. There are trades, yes, but they are unreasonable to a newbie like me, I mean really, $100 for an onny? This is ridiculous - which is why I had quit in the first place. (search pendmx) I had decided there was no hope of being able to get something nice. And exploiting people quitting ain't nice, either, since it just doesn't feel honest. How about a short, say 1 hour, rerelease every year or something. Maybe a 5 hour relese since we need sleep.

Female
10 posts

cool • 6 July 2011 at 12:00 AM

There should be more contests that give out maybe like 3 retired LE/CS creatures as prizes to the first, second, and third place winners 😸

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 6 July 2011 at 12:18 AM

Whatever people don't like this idea, no one likes to recycle eggcave pets. It is becoming hard these days because I am offer $35 on a $5 macbot.. It is ridiculous + they said no!

Deleted • 6 July 2011 at 1:18 AM

As well as that, I must add that I'm constantly rejected for good rares. =.=

9,386 posts

smilies • 6 July 2011 at 1:24 AM

To be honest, I would tell people to give up on onnys, doovoos, macbots >_< I wouldn't complain if Ian released them, in fact, I'd try to get about a million more onnys xD

Deleted • 6 July 2011 at 1:26 AM

If you want more of these rares, I suggest Ian to make contest and all those stuff and be able to win something.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 6 July 2011 at 1:27 AM

@chloekins yeah, everyone thinks I want them back in the cave and that is quite the opposite. I want them to be hard to get but accessible, so if you ever trade away your EX: doovoo egg you might have another chance at getting one!

9,386 posts

smilies • 6 July 2011 at 1:33 AM

But he told us, they are LIMITED EDITION, so they are never ever ever going to be available again, and there will never ever be breeding 😋

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 6 July 2011 at 1:37 AM

@smilies Yeah, I guess that factor is annoying me xD I don't want eggcave to be a museum..

Female
211 posts

moonlightfaerie • 6 July 2011 at 1:38 AM

Here is my 2 cents worth before I go to bed, so if it doesn't make since ping me and Ill re explain my ideal when I wake up tomorrow. I think the creatures should be rereleasted to older users for 4 hours of a single day. Idk how old you should be,(8 months, maybe) but its like a loyal user perk. It wouldn't hurt the rareness too bad if it was done this way (It would count me out)

9,386 posts

smilies • 6 July 2011 at 1:38 AM

@ballteninja xD That made me laugh xD

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 6 July 2011 at 1:42 AM

@smilies like when a little girls goes in the Smithsonian Museam and sees Dorothy's red slippers and is like " Mommy, Mommy! I want those!" but she will never ever get a pair because they are never going to be made again and the museum sure isn't letting it go is it @ZAC?

Sorry, that doovoo egg though... Powerful.

Deleted • 6 July 2011 at 2:06 AM

@balletninja

i dont think its a good idea to rerelease eggs you cant get anymore.

it would devaluate the eggs and make it way too easy to get what you want.

that is the purpose of these games. making strategic decisions to obtain the best/rarest eggs out there.

so i dont think 'we need a plan'

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 6 July 2011 at 11:28 AM

@balletninja What kind of analogy is that? You can most certainly buy those kinds of slippers still. 😋 The poor girl will get her chance to own a pair if she wanted one.

I agree wholeheartedly with phalen. It just makes no sense to really re-release them.