~:~ Birds Of A Feather Club ~:~

in Forum Games

What is your favorite bird creature here on Egg Cave? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Deleted • 22 March 2013 at 10:48 AM

"Within every bird, there is a heart, which gives us new egg cavers a fun new start!"

All of the birds in my cove raise their left wings and say the anthem, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT!"

-------

Good morning to all, people. ❤️

@byfelisa wow, you did a lot of work! But the edited page of the BOAF looks great. There are a lot of new and more detailed informations, I'm sure them will be really useful, expecially for the new members. 😊
Glad you liked my drawing and thank you so much for the compliments, woof. ❤️ I shound finish the colored version this evening, I will do my best.

--------

Warblers? *goes to google translator* oohhhh, got it. x3
I like them. I saw some of the common species sometimes.
It would be amazing to have an house near a nest of them, so you can get up in the morning with the sounds of their voices. ❤️
I'll try the game (sorry If you find some errors, in the parenthesis I put my comments). xD

1) The willow warbler is only 11 cm long, but flies all the way from northern Europe and Siberia to Africa to spend the winter a distance of some 12,000 km.
( Wow, huh? Little birds like them have actually a force, inside their wings, stronger than what you can imagine. o.o )

2) Chiffchaffs and willow warblers look almost exactly alike, but their songs are quite different.
( Why only humans have to be unique in their existence? Every single bird can be similar to another one. But it's unique too. ❤️ )

3) The rarely seen Grasshopper warbler has an extraordinary whirring song and can throw its voice like a ventriloquist.
( A ventriloquist warbler, eh! Wish I can actually see one in real life, not just in a photo! >-<)

-------

Female
1,194 posts

puppymaks • 22 March 2013 at 12:56 PM

@world I'm great! 😸 P.S. your next post will bee your 1,200th post 😉

Non-binary
1,641 posts

bluebelle • 22 March 2013 at 1:03 PM

@puppymaks
I saw your status, Ian has so many stalkers...*not trying to be rude*
"Within every bird, there is a heart, which gives us new egg cavers a fun new start!"

All of the birds in my cove raise their left wings and say the anthem, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT!"

Female
263 posts

hemester • 22 March 2013 at 1:04 PM

@puppymaks Hello! How are you today?

Female
1,194 posts

puppymaks • 22 March 2013 at 1:05 PM

@bluebelle sorry, I don't now what stalkers mean's 😋

Non-binary
1,641 posts

bluebelle • 22 March 2013 at 1:07 PM

@puppymaks
LOL, when you stalk someone you are obsessed with them, you try to outdo them, you follow the, you track their every movement,XD

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 22 March 2013 at 1:12 PM

Happy Friday Everyone!

How are you all doing this week? I can't believe the weekend is here just about and the month is almost over.

Please help me welcome @ladythegreat to our BOAF Club!! May you have a long and fun stay with us. 😊
If you have any questions our club moderators are here to assist you. Welcome and birdy hugs to you.
Your name is being added to the member list and a member badge will be created for you today.

Don't forget we have some forum games still active and a good cure for boredom or just something to do for added fun today. Please check page 163 for @duchess and @cubexline games and 169 for a new mini-game (need two more players).

Here are a few things for viewing and hope its a splendid day for all of you. 😊

Happy Chocolate Week!
http://www.123greetings.com/events/american_chocolate_week/lava_cake_recipe.html

Birds of Paradise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTR21os8gTA

I will be back later to answer postings, right now still working on the club website and member badges. We are almost at 150 members. Whoa, that is unbelievable! Thank you all so very, very much. 😸

--------

DarkestShadow rallies up all the birds in my cove and together they raise their left wings and say the anthem, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT!"

Female
1,194 posts

puppymaks • 22 March 2013 at 1:12 PM

@bluebelle aha 😋 Well, you'r not rude at all 😉 But still, Ian write to he trying longes status in world, I just saying to mine in longer 😋

Non-binary
1,641 posts

bluebelle • 22 March 2013 at 1:13 PM

@puppymaks
I'm just trying to be funny, 😸

Female
1,194 posts

puppymaks • 22 March 2013 at 1:16 PM

@byfelisa

CERULEAN WARBLERS:

FACT ONE:
Males and females look quite different from each other. Male cerulean warblers are bright blue above and white below.

FACT TWO:
The cerulean warblers population is dropping faster than any other warbler species in the United States. Between 1966 and 1999, it declined an average of 4% per year throughout its eastern US breeding range for a total population loss of 70%. Current estimates are at around 560,000 birds.

FACT THREE:
Only the male warbler sings and his vocalization is quite distinctive rapid buzz-like notes on one pitch followed by a short series of rising and accelerating notes, ending with a high buzz-like trill. ZHEE ZHEE ZIZIZIZI zzzzeeet.

*THIS ALL IS FROM INTERNET BECAUSE I'M NOT VERY WELL IN ENGLISH 😋 HOPE INTERNET COUNTS*

1,137 posts

taunter • 22 March 2013 at 1:34 PM

DarkestShadow rallies up all the birds in my cove and together they raise their left wings and say the anthem, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT!"

@puppymaks cool fact

1,146 posts

iulianna1 • 22 March 2013 at 1:34 PM

---
Hey everyone! How's it going? 😊

Two-Spirit
753 posts

brunosc • 22 March 2013 at 2:04 PM

--------
@byfelisa
A few things about the Warbler Birds:
1- They forage actively high in trees, sometimes catching insects in flight. These birds mainly eat insects.
2- Adult males have pale cerulean blue upperparts and white underparts with a black necklace across the breast; they also have black streaks on the back and flanks. Females and immature birds have greyer or greenish upperparts, a pale stripe over the eye, and no streaking on the back and no necklace.
3- In fragmented forest areas, this bird is vulnerable to nest parasitism by the Brown-headed Cowbird.

Also loved the video you posted, SO PRETTY DANCING BIRDS hahaha

Female
1,156 posts

neko-chan • 22 March 2013 at 2:13 PM

@world

ohh lucky you.xD I wish I where there you are.Cx The only really common thing here is blueberry becuase half of sweden is forest.83

Male
509 posts

lawrence5555 • 22 March 2013 at 2:19 PM

@byfelisa
@tikimaki
@duchess

Offered on my Arpegiarp

Deleted • 22 March 2013 at 2:39 PM

@byfelisa
Hey.. May I join? 😊

Female
1,194 posts

puppymaks • 22 March 2013 at 2:43 PM

@vvv
yes, you can 😊
You have more than 2 birds in your cove, so welcome!

@byfelisa will add you to in a member list 😉

---

Deleted • 22 March 2013 at 2:51 PM

Thanks! 😃

Deleted • 22 March 2013 at 3:08 PM

@byfelisa
The first video made me hungry. I want one of these yummy chocolate treats too! 😋
The second video made me smile. So many amazing and cute birds. The fluffy one (I don't know the specie's name) it's so ... fluffy and cute. Make me want to pet and cuddle him/her for hours and hours. *w*

To all: However, I finally finished colouring the drawing. Hope you like it. ❤️
>>> http://i.imgur.com/dPagI9k.jpg <<<

Two-Spirit
753 posts

brunosc • 22 March 2013 at 3:12 PM

@wererage
😱 Nice drawing!!!

Deleted • 22 March 2013 at 3:13 PM

@brunosc
Woof, thank you so much, glad you like it. 😸

Female
553 posts

ladythegreat • 22 March 2013 at 4:46 PM

@byfelisa
Thanks! 😃

@wererage
That's a nice drawing! with that did you make it?

Deleted • 22 March 2013 at 4:49 PM

@ladythegreat
Hey there! Sorry, I forgot to say welcometo you.*hugs and gives you a slice of chocolate cake* ❤️

Thank you so much for the compliment. I did it on paper, then I colorized it with a graphical program called The Gimp. 😸

Female
553 posts

ladythegreat • 22 March 2013 at 5:08 PM

@wererage
But you gave me cake so all is more than forgiven 😃 *eats the yummy cake* Want some? I can share 😃 😋

That's great! 😃 How long did it take you to do all that?

Female
441 posts

tetra • 22 March 2013 at 5:11 PM

Welcome to the BOAF @ladythegreat and @vvv !! It's great to have you here! 😸

Within every bird, there is a heart, which gives us new egg cavers a fun new start!"

^ Posting this Club's Anthem once a day will qualify you for the monthly raffle drawing. If you have any questions or concerns don't be afraid to ask! 😃

Thank you @duchess 😊 I'm off to feed a bunch of coves and tell them not to feedback on their wall 😊 It's all good, I want to see if I can get Mercurio to hatch before the end of April.
(So if you want some feeds with no catch...hinthint coughcough.)
Usually I feed feedlists first, then your mortals and the not fully matured creatures, and finally the rest, but I can't guaranteed I'll feed all)

{{{Edit at 6: 31 pm ECT:
Fed 12 people's entire coves, and fed the lists of 6 other people. I have their names on my notepad if you need them 😊 Made a lot of EC, holy bessy xDD
Random Acts of Spontaneity!!}}}

Great warbler facts you guys!! 😊

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 22 March 2013 at 5:12 PM

@vvv
WELCOME TO THE BOAF CLUB, 😃

I'f you have any questions or suggestions feel free to contact myself or another mod of the club. ^^

@byfelisa will add you to the members list.

Have a great day!

-------

Deleted • 22 March 2013 at 5:24 PM

@ladythegreat
Haha thank you, but I ate too much at dinner this evening. xD

Well, about an hour or two, I think. 😊

Female
291 posts

ljacks • 22 March 2013 at 7:32 PM

Hello Everyone and Welcome New Members 😊

@byfelisa I like the new Welcome Page for BOAF. I also like the Mod page, good info to know.

@wererage Nice drawing!
---

189 posts

korikill • 22 March 2013 at 8:14 PM

HI!

well, it looks like at least 5 posted about warblers, but here goes anyways!

Swainson's Warbler has brown cap and indistinct eyestripe, and is colored in mostly browns, not the distinctive olive and buffy of a Worm-eating Warbler.

Worm-eating Warbler has black stripes on its crown.

Ovenbird, Northern Waterthrush, and Louisiana Waterthrush are striped below.

Female
263 posts

hemester • 23 March 2013 at 4:08 AM