~:~ Birds Of A Feather Club ~:~

in Forum Games

What is your favorite bird creature here on Egg Cave? (Multiple answers allowed.)

2,688 posts

aliney • 2 June 2012 at 2:01 PM

@byfelisa
I have a Mo and Terron. ^^ ❤️ May i join? 😃

Non-binary
7,220 posts

whispers • 2 June 2012 at 2:08 PM

@byfelisa
You invited me! *accepts invetation*!

Non-binary
589 posts

geefriend45 • 2 June 2012 at 2:31 PM

@byfelisa
I have an Obarn, Pyraguin, Honk, Floicol, Macaw, and Mo, can I join?

I also have bird related Creature Suggestions:
http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/23304
http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/22853

Female
886 posts

katelyn • 2 June 2012 at 2:40 PM

I have a lot of birds. 😊 I would love to join the club. 😉 I accepted your invitation!
😃

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 2 June 2012 at 2:55 PM

Thank you greatly and welcome to ~:~ Birds Of A Feather Club ~:~ @aliney, @taunter, @whispers, @geefriend45 and @katelyn!!! 😊

You are in for a big treat I will be announcing tonight about Club Members so be sure to check back before 10PM EST (Eastern Standard Time).

We are happy to have you as a member and won't take it lightly. You are free to share anything bird related but please keep it in line where Moderators can still easily see those joining and any questions coming in.

Thank you so much geefriend45 for the Creature Suggestions, we welcome them whole-heartedly. 😸:3
I'm taking a break now but will leave a post at both topics to let you know my opinion in full and thanks again.

Enjoy your day everyone!! It is quite rainy and cold here today. Hugs *-^

P.S. Wow!!! Thank you, @whispers!!
I know of the Cuckoo Bird which is similar in a way but I don't get how the mother and father birds don't recognize a huge bird couldn't be their offspring and how it is killing them literally to feed it constantly. LOL

Non-binary
7,220 posts

whispers • 2 June 2012 at 3:01 PM

Random Bird Fact:
Cowbirds will knock other birds (eggs, babies and all) out to use it as their own. They don't care if they kill others :/

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 2 June 2012 at 3:29 PM

~:~ Birds Of A Feather Club ~:~

"Where all birds are united together in harmony & love"

❤️ MEET OUR CLUB MODERATORS! ❤️

Moderators Page at: http://boafclub.net/BOAFMods.html

Open positions and their fill out applications can be found here: Moderators Needed

BELOW IS THE DESCRIPTION OF OUR CLUB MODERATORS TASKS

@byfelisa (Owner & Head Moderator)

Her job description includes the following:

- Moderate and Update all (3) club forum threads
- Monitor all member's coves that they maintain two birds and use their main account
- Engage in conversations with members in the forum threads
- Create a topic to discuss or share a fun link, joke and/or story in BOAFCHAT forum thread
- Post recipes, bird videos, e-card greetings and new information/updates in BOAFFUN thread
- Invite new members and promote the bird club around Egg Cave
- Assist all members with any questions about the club
- Accept and welcome new members when they request to join
- Manage and maintain the club's account at @contests-r-us
- Buy CS creatures, obtain creatures from the adoption center, auctions and trade center
- Disburse creatures, egg coins and travels to members who participate in the club
- Give all new members who need one to two birds for their cove, the creatures they seek
- Accept donations to the club and maintain the list of donors
- Responsible for finding material, creating polls/puzzles, listing all new members and winners
- Must plan, create and post the monthly newsletter in the forum and on club's website
- Create mini-games and mini-contests weekly in the BOAFFUN forum thread
- Use the randomizer to select the members and prize for those posting the club's anthem monthly
- Keep record of the club's monthly budget at all times
- Collect information about dying coves and update our club's section featuring them
- Encourage members to help coves in danger and give a helping hand in EC and feedings
- Encourage everyone as our cheerleader when others are sick or having a rough time
- Can use E-cards, poetry, videos or any other method to uplift all club members
- Keep the tempo of the club energetic and happy should forum posting wan from the norm
- Has the final decision in the winner of the MOTM Recognition Reward
- Supervise, work with and give all club moderators a monthly and birthday gift
- Initiate a bi-weekly get together with all club moderators via Group Private Message.
- Participate in the Update Your Status, RAOK and Swap Contests
- Enforce all club rules, guidelines and conduct in the forum thread at all times

In the event of illness or obligations in real life that make it impossible to fulfill all tasks or is vacationing, all members are to honor Head Moderator, Game Moderator and both Moderator Assistants. They can exercise the right to overide anything that is necessary at the time. They will split up the duties among themselves.

A fill in newsletter, mini-games, mini-contests and other fun activities are stressed to continue providing. It must be posted in the forum and a PM sent to Byfelisa with a highlight of the newsletter and outcome. All moderators will work together to carry on club function until Byfelisa returns and thank you.

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

OPEN POSITION - (Game Moderator)

Job description includes the following:

- Moderate the BOAFFUN forum thread
- Post at BOAFCHAT when any new games and mini-contests are at BOAFFUN
- Assist all members with any questions regarding the games/contests
- Welcome new members when they are accepted to join the club
- Work side by side with Byfelisa and Game Moderator Assistant
- Create fun games for everyone to participate in weekly in BOAFFUN
- Post bird videos, bird crafts and fun information in BOAFFUN thread
- Help byfelisa with the monthly newsletter and big contests
- Discuss, stay updated with and execute all entertaining club matters
- Run the club with Head Moderator and provide a mini-newsletter in Byfelisa's absence
- Enforce all club rules, guidelines and conduct in all forum threads

*Must GIVE recommendation for MOTM Recognition Reward.
Can give input on new ideas for the club and help judge contests.
Permitted to use new game ideas from outside resources online.
Will attend monthly Moderator chats.

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

OPEN POSITION - (Head Moderator)

- Moderate and monitor all (3) club forum threads
- Engaging in conversations with members in the forum threads
- Creating a topic to discuss or share fun things in BOAFCHAT
- Assist all members with any questions about the club
- Accept and welcome new members when they request to join
- Invite new members and promote the bird club around Egg Cave
- Provide ideas/suggestions and help create big contests with Byfelisa
- Run the club with Game Moderator when Byfelisa is on vacation
- Responsible for the Monthly Raffle Drawing and giving out prizes*
- Enforce all club rules, guidelines and conduct in all 3 forum threads
- Supervises and works with Head Moderator Assistant to submit monthly report
- Work side by side with Byfelisa to execute all club matters

Must report on all things happening in the club.
Can provide information on members' coves and non-members that are in danger and needing help.
Each month will give a recommendation for the MOTM Recognition Reward.
*Will be given the monthly raffle prizes by Byfelisa and must disburse them while she is away.
Is encouraged to help set up a weekly/monthly Moderator chat with Byfelisa.

OPEN POSITION - (Head Moderator Assistant)

- Moderate all three (3) forum threads
- Engaging in conversations with members in the forum thread
- Assist all members with any questions about the club via BOAFCHAT
- Accept and welcome new members each week
- Visit members coves to check for 2 species of birds on their main account
- Collect information about dying coves and submit them to Byfelisa
- Work directly with and assist Byfelisa and Head Moderator
- Will attend all monthly Moderator chats

*Must submit a detailed report before any month's ending to Head Moderator.
This is to include the members' coves visited and a breakdown of their status.
If any members' cove should fall short of two birds to report that as soon as possible.

Add a recommendation for MOTM Recognition Reward and relate any new ideas for the club.

* This position has two [2] moderators *

@wererage is on hiatus and fills one Moderator Assistant position

OPEN POSITION - (Game Moderator Assistant)

- Moderate BOAFFUN forum posts
- Engage in games with members in the fun center thread
- Welcome new members when they are accepted to join
- Make a list and keep track of anthem posters for the month
- Can aid with helping visit members' coves and report findings to Head Moderator
- Can help with any forum mini-games or mini-contests or create them as necessary
- Assist and keep in contact with Game Moderator weekly
- Give input, suggest ideas for the club: games and monthly newsletter
- Work with/assist Byfelisa should Game Moderator be on hiatus
attend Moderator chats

*Must submit the list of all anthem posters each month to Head Moderator or Byfelisa.
Give a recommendation for MOTM Recognition Reward.
May help judge in any feeding and writing contest.

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

Deleted • 2 June 2012 at 5:48 PM

@byfelisa
Hullo,

I'm new to egg cave and I saw this.
What are these clubs and can I join?
Could I be one of the moderators please?

Female
16,162 posts

bunnyshadow • 2 June 2012 at 5:50 PM

I suppose I could join 😉 I have almost all of the ones listed in the list 😉

Female
916 posts

darcy_vasquez • 2 June 2012 at 7:44 PM

@byfelisa

I have a Mo, Adarna, Macaw, Guinstar, Abrillion, Solis, Drem, Elge, Peeturk. May I join?

1,146 posts

iulianna1 • 2 June 2012 at 8:12 PM

@byfelisa
I can join! 😊 I love birds! I'm happy to help anyone who needs it (;

Female
2,910 posts

duchess • 2 June 2012 at 9:10 PM

@tikimaki, Thank you 😊

@byfelisa, Thank you very much 😃 The tasks sound really fun, and I'm excited about the newsletter 😊

2,591 posts

celeste • 2 June 2012 at 11:21 PM

@byfelisa

Thank you for inviting me! 😊

I'd love to accept and join, if you'd have me ^^ Although, feeding may be harder for me since I don't often have time ^^;;

Male
335 posts

zorakst • 3 June 2012 at 12:13 AM

@byfelisa
Could I join? I've got a Mo, Pyraguin, Macaw, and a few Terrons, Eerieks, Drems, and Kujaks.

Female
10,213 posts

hay7199 • 3 June 2012 at 12:14 AM

Birds of a feather must stick together 😉

Deleted • 3 June 2012 at 12:18 AM

@byfelisa
Okay then! Since I have eight of the creatures mentioned I'll join! I hope I can find this as a motivation to make more bird suggestions as well 😊

Female
2,231 posts

mewlynnmagic • 3 June 2012 at 4:36 PM

@byfelisa I was invited 😋 but I'm on hiatus so I may be VERY inactive :/

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 3 June 2012 at 5:08 PM

@samurai_ninja, welcome to Egg Cave and may you enjoy it here. 😸
A club is where you share the same interests with others and able to come to the forum and post each day or week. Though we all love birds that doesn't mean we can't talk about other things around Egg Cave or about our day. Genuine support should be also involved and fun things to participate in. Suggestions for new creatures or just a general discussion on some species anyone likes to draw. (moral support) 😊
We would love for you to join the club the only requirement is that you have 2 bird species in your cove. You can try to get them in the Cave where you get 10 tries to steal an egg. The Adoption Agency also is a great way to adopt an egg or hatched creature. Visit the Archives first to see all the creatures. Since, you are new I could give two birds to you but you have to wait another 26 hours before we can make a trade, it is a rule must wait 48 hours if new here. 😃
I'm just getting online here so give me a minute and will send you a PM with some general tips to help you settle in here at Egg Cave. Welcome to the club!!! 😊

Yay, I'm so glad you decided to join and yes may you gain inspiration to make some lovely birds for consideration in the future. Welcome, gunnhild!!! 😸

Can someone post so I can welcome the new members and announce some things? Thanks!

Male
3,317 posts

tikimaki • 4 June 2012 at 2:50 AM

@byfelisa
No problem posted so you can post! 😊
It is so worth while looking at this daily

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 4 June 2012 at 2:18 PM

Thank you, @tikimaki!! 😸
I tried to post but the site was down and while waiting it out fell asleep at my computer. I've got a stiff neck today. LOL

Happy Monday to Everyone. 😃😃

A warm welcome and tail feather to @geefriend45, @katelyn, @bunnyshadow, @darcy_vasquez, @iulianna1, @celeste, @zorakst, @gunnhild, @mewlynnmagic and samurai_ninja!!!! We thank you for joining and hope you will get the most out of being a member at both Egg Cave and here in the Club.

The moment you have been waiting for has arrived. -- Drum Roll --

There was mention of benefits and perks in joining right?
To outline everything I couldn't in the forum first post and have something that shows we really are a Club, I have finished creating our "Bird Club Page" at: http://byfelisa.net/BA/BOAF.html

As of now we have 23 members here.

You don't have to be very active, but as you have time do post and help others here with their birds. 😸

@duchess and I will be working on the newsletter and activities to share with you very soon.
Thank you @tikimaki for all the inviting you did. 😉

May you all have a wonderful day & hugs!!

Deleted • 5 June 2012 at 3:49 AM

@byfelisa

Thank you for the birds.
Could I be a moderator?

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 5 June 2012 at 3:38 PM

Afternoon, @samurai_ninja!
You're welcome and welcome to the Club. 😃
The positions for Moderator have been all filled but should the occasion rise itself to needing more staffing for the Club or a Moderator should step down you will be notified. Thank you so much for your interest in being a Moderator, it means a lot you want to help out.

Good Day to Everyone!! I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday. Feel free to post and help one another.

Something interesting and cute to share, you have to see these bird videos. Turn the sound up! LOL

http://youtu.be/ieMyajkMEVo
http://youtu.be/nSnMbc5wVVM
http://youtu.be/VjE0Kdfos4Y
http://youtu.be/oiE9IvhD1J4

I have updated the member list here in the forum, we are currently working on the Club's 1st activity, will keep you posted as it should be very soon. 😊

Female
1,016 posts

funeralforthesun • 5 June 2012 at 3:54 PM

@byfelisa Could I possibly join , I thought I posted on this yesterday , I guess I didn't hit "post"
XD

I have a Terron , Pyraguin , couple of macaws , obarn , floicols and some others.

I have 3 birds in real life XD
Two Blue and Gold Macaws like the ones on here , ( male and female, and I have a male and female macaw on here too !)

And a African Grey , Plus penguins are my favorite animal ! (:

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 5 June 2012 at 4:08 PM

Yes, you may join and welcome to the Club @funeralforthesun!! 😃
That is alright as I have done that lots of times, for me I just be multi-tasking and not paying attention. LOL

How lovely!! How old are your Blue and Gold Macaws?
Are the two paired as a couple or are siblings?
That is what I like that you can have both male and female here and it is possible to have a closeness to your own pets at home. Too cool!!
Ahhh, I love the African Grey; its beautiful. 😊

Female
1,016 posts

funeralforthesun • 5 June 2012 at 4:18 PM

@byfelisa Actually we're trying to make them become mates, but my female is a brat xD and she thinks she's the alpha bird . And The Macaws are 8 (female) & 9 ( male) And yeah my African Grey is very talkative x_x he's 10 😸 Penguins are mostly all I go to the zoo for xD

Thanks for letting me join, and yes I also multi-task a lot xDD

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 5 June 2012 at 5:16 PM

Oh, how wonderful @funeralforthesunl!! LOL, she probably is so you have to make him more appealing to her. Nature has a way of dealing with its own things in time, she has to come to trust in his companionship. Did you read any books on mating?

They are nice ages and do you have them inside your house or outdoors in an enclosed habitat? I so like how the enclosures can be almost like the rainforest. 😊

I think the talking is soooooo cute!!! It is terrific how some are more vocal than others. Bless your birds and thanks for being so open about them.

True, I love to see the penguins, emu and other birds, snow leopard and elephants at the zoo. When I enter I head straight for the wildlife section and see the birds.

That gives me a thought! Any artists in the Club that can draw an Emu or Llama? Maybe we can work on a new bird cross breed or something. Just a thought. 😊

Female
1,016 posts

funeralforthesun • 5 June 2012 at 5:22 PM

@byfelisa XD They're all currently in the house but my female macaw loves to go outside and sit on our wood privacy fence , in addition to the neighbors female macaw also!

I love drawing btw xD
I could maybe draw some things if needed 😸

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 5 June 2012 at 8:28 PM

@funeralforthesun, that is neat. I have seen some homes that are adorned well the birds are so happy.
😊 Ahhh, a comfortable social place! That is very nice.

Great! 😸 That would be awesome if you could.
My aim is maybe as a Club with a few artists they could work together and make the creature(s). Nice project huh? 😊

Female
886 posts

katelyn • 5 June 2012 at 9:14 PM

@byfelisa
So... to stay in the club you have to help feed people with birds in their cove? I don't really understand it that much.

Female
2,910 posts

duchess • 6 June 2012 at 5:00 AM

FIRST CLUB ACTIVITY

The first fun activity for us all is... *drumroll*

...To change your status to honour your favourite bird here on Egg Cave 😊

Just state your favourite bird-creature and why you love it 😊
For example, for my status:
Honk: A gorgeous little bird that somehow manages to transform from an adorable duckling to a graceful swan. Just seeing one makes me smile.

Have fun changing your statuses, I can't wait to see what they will all say 😊

As a refresher, the bird-creatures on Egg-Cave are:
Abrillion, Adarna, Blu, Eeriek, Elge, Floicol, Gideh, Gobbler, Kujak, Macaw, Mo, Obarn, Peeturk, Pyraguin, Solis, Terron, Valgrun

@byfelisa
@tikimaki
@hay7199
@2elle2
@aliney