:I

in Roleplaying

Deleted • 17 July 2011 at 11:09 PM

Its the same people making the same roleplays over and over again.
I don't want the RPing topic to have to be deleted honestly, I love RPing. But if you are like me, you wouldn't make a million RPs.
Please stop.
And also don't copy others' roleplays, someone already did that to me.
How many times do I gotta ask... D8

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 17 July 2011 at 11:16 PM

I HATE it when people make a different roleplay for plot they have. DX

It's freakin annoying.

Deleted • 17 July 2011 at 11:20 PM

I know.
I'm not going to say names but I know EXACTL~Y who they are. :I

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 17 July 2011 at 11:22 PM

Me too.

Deleted • 17 July 2011 at 11:36 PM

I made an original RP, and it's dying :'[

Female
4,377 posts

carnatate • 17 July 2011 at 11:37 PM

well its because the 1st one dies so they want to make another

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 17 July 2011 at 11:38 PM

If it died, it probably died for a reason.

Deleted • 17 July 2011 at 11:39 PM

As with meez, there used to be a rule. When there is an active RP with a similar plot/concept, post there to keep clutter down. And only make one when there is no others.

I think Ian should make subforums, for different things. Like one could be "Animal role plays" or "wolf role plays" and "Cat role plays"

4,672 posts

icymuffin • 17 July 2011 at 11:47 PM

@victoria_the_wolf
I second.

And I something-th this whole idea & thread.

Deleted • 18 July 2011 at 12:02 AM

@icymuffin

XDD

I just am kinda bummed how I spent so much time putting together an original RP - But ended up getting one person joining OTL

I mean, I like wolf RP's and all, it was how I got started.. But.. It's too excessive.

Deleted • 18 July 2011 at 8:35 AM

@icymuffin i remember the I.S.A.N.E. rp... but then it died! XO But it's not right to copy an rp, or make another of the rp.And once an rp dies because the story is finished, then just move onto a new rp or join in one๐Ÿ˜‹

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 18 July 2011 at 4:34 PM

I find it useless and unnecessary when people make "sequels" to RPs when they still have just a few pages! Just because you have a new plot twist doesn't mean you need ANOTHER RP just to clog up the RP section! You should only make a sequel RP if:

1. The old RP had MANY MANY pages (an RP that I'm part of has over 150 and we still don't need a sequel) and it's getting too cluttered. Five pages is not cluttered. Cluttered is when you can't find anything at all, because there are so many pages (the only two RPs that i know of that have enough pages To fit the criteria is Wolves of the Forest and School for superheroes, Wolves of the forest has a new topic because it had gotten too cluttered).

2. It is an RP that takes place after the time of the old RP, with different characters and a whole different plot. this is okay, in my opinion.

(this is just my opinion, please do not take this personally, sorry for the rant)

Deleted • 18 July 2011 at 4:37 PM

@randomkitty17 My friend made that RP. She had never even seen The drought RP.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 18 July 2011 at 4:39 PM

@bluegirl80 oh sorry, it just seemed like more than a coincidence at the time :/

Deleted • 18 July 2011 at 4:40 PM

@randomkitty17 yeah I was on it at school and she was like "OMG THERES A RP ABOUT A DROUGHT! LOL! I HAVE ONE ABOUT A FLOOD!!" she was histarical about it...

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 18 July 2011 at 4:47 PM

@bluegirl80 xD again, sorry about that, I changed my post...

Deleted • 18 July 2011 at 4:47 PM

@randomkitty17 Its fine! xD

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 20 July 2011 at 4:10 PM

PLEASE READ MY POST ON SEQUELS!!!!

Female
9,371 posts

taffy789 • 20 July 2011 at 4:13 PM

@randomkitty17 - I totally agree. I asked someone about it and they said it was a new R.P, or something. *Facepalm*

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 20 July 2011 at 4:21 PM

@taffy789 yeah, I asked on wolves 4 or something like that, quote:

"Not to be mean, but why do you need so many RPs? Please respond! But it kinda clutters up the forums."

Then they ignored me! And then they start saying who will make the next sqyels, all the way up to NINE!
And then I say:
"please answer me! Why do you need NINE RPs????"

More:

DO NOT:

1. Make a new RP just for a new character or plot twist. You can do this on the original RP.

2. Make a bazillion sequels! If you are going to make sequel to an RP, just make one! You don't need to make: "Blahblah wolf angels 12" or something like that.

3. Name the sequel "so-and-so 2". Name it something like "Revenge of Blahblah" (remember, just an example) and clearly state that this is a sequel RP.

4. Leave the sequel RP to make ANOTHER sequel when there is only, like, 2 pages in an RP! If you were only going to write for a page or two, then why make the RP?

(again, don't take this personally, I'm just giving my opinion)

2,250 posts

nogardragon • 20 July 2011 at 4:41 PM

@randomkitty17
I am going to go onto my rp and say that no more sequels are going to be made

I hope redstar deosn't get mean about it..

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 20 July 2011 at 4:44 PM

@nogardragon please don't take this the wrong way....I'm not trying to be mean.... :/ I'm really just trying to do my job of keeping the RP section clean

2,250 posts

nogardragon • 20 July 2011 at 4:55 PM

i posted it and am going to look at the replies...

@randomkitty17

Deleted • 23 July 2011 at 4:21 PM

@randomkitty17 Well said ๐Ÿ˜Š

2,250 posts

nogardragon • 23 July 2011 at 4:22 PM

we have found a way of solvin the problem but people are rarely posting now I put about that โ˜น๏ธ

Female
174 posts

lilones • 23 July 2011 at 4:28 PM

You all gotta remember that sometimes people just want to try their own thing even if it is an exact copy of something that is already done.

Join in or start another of your own I think it's ok to have both