More Bugs (plus Suggestions!)

in Problems & Bugs

1,247 posts

Zac • 27 May 2011 at 2:01 PM

More! 😃

Not really any "bugs," but things you might consider implementing.

- When a topic is subscribed to and a user is pinged, only 1 notification is received, rather than 2 for the same thing.
- Favicon that appears on static.eggcave.com does not appear on www or new subdomains.

Also, I'm not exactly sure if this occurs but if a topic is subscribed to, there should be one notification saying there are new posts until it is seen, rather than creating a new notification for every post. That way users won't log on with 10+ notifications. That being said, I'm not exactly sure this is happening, I'd have to test it out first. 😊

SUGGESTIONS:
- Add ecode functionality to link to forum topics [f=##][/f]
- Store search preferences on search page. For example, if I search "Zac" under creatures, the options should appear on the results page.
- Easy link access to Cash Shop Park
- Center italic text in TA (I'm not really sure why its left-aligned in the TA when its not in any other store.)
- Add notifications for creatures evolving.
- Add (un)subscribe functionality for EC mass emails. It would also be cool if we could view these somewhere on-site as well. 😊

Thanks! 😊 I've created quite the list. >.<

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 27 May 2011 at 2:07 PM

Deleting mass amounts of messages on our walls would be nice.

Like say on my page I have 10 or more messages I would like to delete so I can click a check box next to the message and have the option to "Delete all". Maybe just for me because I like keeping my wall clean 😊

1,247 posts

Zac • 27 May 2011 at 2:13 PM

@balletninja I think that was suggested somewhere. 😊 It might be better if you create a new topic for ideas so Ian/other users can address them directly. This topic is mainly so I can post little bugs I find (and piggyback suggestions on to them. 😋)

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 27 May 2011 at 2:16 PM

@zac Okay! Well in that case @Ian I purchased one SoB and ended up getting two for the price of one, this might be cause of a weird refreshing error. I mean I have no problem with it haha but it might need to be addressed 😊 Also I don't think it took away from the stock count ...

Female
1,096 posts

leopardclaws • 28 May 2011 at 8:38 AM

I like a lot of your suggestions but, I don't think Ian is looking for suggestion yet. I believe that is the reason we can't post in the suggestions forum.

1,247 posts

Zac • 28 May 2011 at 9:28 AM

@leopardclaws

Actually, I don't view this as a problem. The suggestions in this topic are related to functionality improvements, something which I view as extremely relevant to the beta process.

But thank you for your opinion.

Female
5,813 posts

jazzyleia • 28 May 2011 at 9:41 AM

@Ian

some people have been having troubles with the pinging...people ping them and it doesn't show up along with if someone posts in a topic you liked

This may be nothing but i thought i should say something

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 10 June 2011 at 10:43 AM

@jazzyleia pinging realiability should be much better now.

and @zac thanks again for this topic. i'm going to save a lot of this stuff from this topic before the "transition" wipe, as you could imagine. good stuff.

thanks much!

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 10 June 2011 at 10:50 AM

@Ian

-I'd like an option to put someone's pets in Tim's, or atleast your side account. 😸

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 10 June 2011 at 10:52 AM

@crooton1 like a "Tim's Gift" feature? pay for somebody else's creature to go to Tim's? 😊

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 10 June 2011 at 10:54 AM

@Ian

Yeah! My side accounts are dying, and I don't really have time to feed them. There should also be an option for the user to allow people to book the creatures at Tim's. 😊

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 10 June 2011 at 11:00 AM

@crooton1 suggestion noted. 😊 thanks.

1,247 posts

Zac • 24 June 2011 at 8:47 PM

V2 is looking awesome! I just have a couple things to add:

- The option to PM a user should not appear on our own profiles.
- I'd love it if the EC logo linked to the main page. As of yet I have not found an easy way to reach that page. :/
- In the cave, if you do not select an egg to steal, your steal attempts still increase. However, they are corrected once you refresh the page.
- I noticed there is like a 1500 char limot to forum posts. Any chance you could implement a visible counter?
- Although I will miss checking your on/offline status, I will tell you that the staff shield does not appear on friends list on profiles.

Thanks again and I will certainly be making use of that nifty suggestions forum.

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 18 July 2011 at 9:54 PM

Here is a filler post that may seem pointless, but in actuality is crucial in bumping the thread and allowing Zac to make further suggestions and comments.

1,247 posts

Zac • 18 July 2011 at 10:06 PM

@meteoroid Haha 😋

@Ian

- The title on the lost pass page refers to an email address change.
- It is possible to leave the password fields blank after clicking the reset link, causing the user's password to change to who knows what. 😋