887 posts

peppermintcowboy • 28 July 2011 at 7:04 AM

@cafe - Nah, you can keep the name. I'm glad you like it. ๐Ÿ˜Š

@dionaea - I know that, and it must have felt very unfair to the people that got the 'original' Balrog. But the only recent thing I know for certain is that Ian said this:

http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/2576/60

I hope the link works. But that idea was quite similar to this one, and Ian gave a lengthy reply. There are no plans to re-release retired creatures. ๐Ÿ˜Š

3,562 posts

cafe • 28 July 2011 at 7:05 AM

I think she meant because no one wants to trade with a newbie unless they have super coves, which a newbie will most likely not have.

They didn't get the opportunities a lot of us got when we joined, a lot of the people //I// know joined around Christmas of '09.

Female
970 posts

candy_girl_1298 • 28 July 2011 at 7:06 AM

@cafe ah i see, although i dont understand why people wouldnt want to trade with people without "super" coves... *is confused*

3,562 posts

cafe • 28 July 2011 at 7:08 AM

What we mean is to give newbies a chance to get an egg that was here before them - and without super coves you really can't get those eggs.

But, I'm fine with hoarding eggs and having random bouts of leniency.

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 28 July 2011 at 7:11 AM

Well, Ian said from the start that the Ghosty would be released again, but the balrog...

*still feels wronged*

I just think that collecting eggs here will become less and less fun for newbies, as pets become harder and harder to get. Even older members are having a lot of trouble already, species like the Onny, Doovoo & Macbot are impossible to get unless you have TONS of old CC creatures and several others are heading in that direction (Foo, Florn, Tine etc). Unless you know someone who quits that is =.=

Female
970 posts

candy_girl_1298 • 28 July 2011 at 7:11 AM

@cafe lol ๐Ÿ˜Š

and someone said a while back that if they got a rare egg from a quitting user they feel no accomplishement. well if i got a rare egg from this "gacha" machine, i would feel no accomplishment either. i would probably trade it away with a not saying "not an original" ๐Ÿ˜Š

kind of like the cash shop star potions :/

@dionaea yes but if you work hard enough someday you are going to get what you want, unless you want too much. i know i didnt trade much for my florn but it took me one year to find one uft, and it was just my luck that it was frozen in second stage. even though i didnt trade much for it (and @cafe probably felt robbedXD) i was so excited when i got it that i //literally// threw a party for my family at my house๐Ÿ˜‹

3,562 posts

cafe • 28 July 2011 at 7:13 AM

I'd think of it more like cloning. XD

Female
970 posts

candy_girl_1298 • 28 July 2011 at 7:14 AM

@cafe cloning? but cloning would be even worseโ˜น๏ธ

also, look at @peppermintcowboy 's cove as an example. she's barely half a year old, and she has nine aliens (yes, i know they're not retired but its an example), all of which she worked very hard for. you might say: but she has cc! its not fair!

well, its nobody's fault if you dont have cc, personally i dont like to use real money on pixels, and yes haveing cc might make it easier, but oh well. you have to take and live with what you got :/

Deleted • 28 July 2011 at 7:18 AM

@candy_girl_1298
Um... should I put back my hacking machine and cloning machine now? Ok, guys, back on the topic.

Look, I understand we all started out with commons. I should know... @pendmx @pendmx . But, then again, what happened to the lenience @cafe mentioned? I've heard about keeping the old spirit, and that sounds nice...

887 posts

peppermintcowboy • 28 July 2011 at 7:19 AM

Maybe the solution to all the newbie (and oldie) frustration is this: just accept that some creatures will *never* be gotten. There's no way around it. It's just a fact of Egg cave. There are still plenty of awesome creatures to be had! And if a member sticks around long enough, those will become super rare too. ๐Ÿ˜Š

So what if everyone wants an Onny, Macbot, Doovoo, ect? Maybe people need to try appreciating the other critters, instead of always being hung up on the same rares over and over. ๐Ÿ˜‹

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 28 July 2011 at 7:20 AM

@candy_girl_1298
There would be no note necessary, since the egg would have a marking...

And qouting Ian:

"Right now we do not have any plans to do any re-

*#[giveaways]#*

for retired creatures."

Do you see what I see? GIVEAWAYS, he's very smartly not saying anything about buying them, I smell a CC release coming up...

Don't get me wrong, I like Ian, this is a great site, but he's done this before (most notably with the Balrog =.=)

Female
970 posts

candy_girl_1298 • 28 July 2011 at 7:20 AM

@pendmxc yeah, but now there is just too many people... i remember i put 2 foos in the ac๐Ÿ˜Š and the ac is where i got my treelar๐Ÿ˜Š some people still have that lenience, some people dont. its not a must๐Ÿ˜Š

@dionaea (i hope i spelled ur user correctly) yeah, the balrog was a dumb move. a lot of users hated the rerelease. but in my opinion ian didnt use the word giveaway on purpose, i dont think he will release them in the csp either. he only used that term becuase the topic that he posted in said "retired creature GIVEAWAY."

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 28 July 2011 at 7:27 AM

I wouldn't be so sure. When I said he's done this before I meant with the sneaky wording. The balrogs profile in the archives used to say "this creature was released for the halloween plot of 2009" (or something very close to it), which everyone took as it will ONLY be released for the 2009 plot. But guess what? As soon as the cash shop opened the Balrog was in there.

When it comes to this kind of thing (aka money), I think you should take things very literally...

Female
970 posts

candy_girl_1298 • 28 July 2011 at 7:31 AM

@dionaea how i took that meaning was that the balrog was FIRST released for the halloween....etc.

other creatures say that they were ONLY released during __ time.

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 28 July 2011 at 7:33 AM

Which only proves that what Ian says should be taken very literal. I wouldn't be surprised if he found some way of explaining there really is a difference between selling and releasing =_=

But whatever...

Female
970 posts

candy_girl_1298 • 28 July 2011 at 7:36 AM

@dionaea maybe...

@ian are you ever going to have a release of old creatures in the csp?

..... i sure hope not. D:

Female
391 posts

joy • 28 July 2011 at 10:37 AM

Thanks for the ping @candy_girl_1298.

Me and @plantparadise were talking on this subject the other day. The more I think about it, the more I think it would be a bad idea.

My reasoning:
o It is possible to obtain all the creatures using the trading post.
o It would take a while, but eventually the rare creatures would lose their value.
o This would only benefit newer and lazy people. If your determined you can obtain them all (I just completed my collection after 2 years. ๐Ÿ˜Š)

Thus -1; I don't support, sorry. โ˜น๏ธ

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 28 July 2011 at 6:14 PM

nope. I see how this idea would be attractive to new users, but to others who PAID real money for them, it seems unfair. and even if there was some sign that it was a gacha and it was different, it would still throw the whole value system off. and I'm sure owners of super rare creatures like macbots and doovoos would be very mad if suddenly there were 100 more of them.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 28 July 2011 at 7:51 PM

@candy_girl_1298

as of right now, we do not have any plans for this, no. โ˜น๏ธ

Female
970 posts

candy_girl_1298 • 28 July 2011 at 9:02 PM

@ian alright, i guess that closes the topic๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
249 posts

chibiloki88 • 29 July 2011 at 2:39 AM

i havent read everything, but it seems like a neat idea. however, id suggest not having a cc option at all, since it seems kind of unfair. at least to me ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
7,368 posts

cqpkytty • 1 August 2011 at 6:11 PM

i think that if there is a cc option, there should be a CC Gacha where you pay like 1000 CC and have a 50/50 chance of getting a cc egg. otherwise, you get nothing.