CC prices

in Site Feedback & Ideas

3,562 posts

cafe • 30 July 2011 at 10:49 AM

I don't know if someone suggested this - but I think the stuff in the CC should be dropped in half

More people would buy if everything wasn't so expensive. I know I'd buy more.

And, I think you should be able to enter a certain amount of money, instead of pre-set ones. Because it kinda sucks if I wanna buy, say, a gender change, and it I have 400 left over. And then I can't buy a critter unless I spend 5 more dollars, and I'll have some left over I can't use.

Again, I don't know if this has been suggested.

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 30 July 2011 at 11:14 AM

I do know that creature prices are typically cut in half for major holidays such as Christmas.

I do not really have a problem with the prices, although I expected the monthly creatures to be slightly lower.

As for extra CC, that does seem to be bit of a problem. I suppose we just need to wait until new opportunities for CC comes around.

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 30 July 2011 at 11:31 AM

I think it is pricey, compared to neopets it is reasonable. But compared to like Club Penguin (not the same genre but it is a MMO) where their memberships are $8 a month, eggcave is kinda ridiculous... All the features on there for $8 (if you have gone on there it is a lot FOR A MONTH) and on here, to pay $8 you get one CC+a freeze, and 50CC left over... Dunno. It probably shouldn't be compared since they aren't the same 😉

3,562 posts

cafe • 30 July 2011 at 11:31 AM

Yeah

It's just hard to spend 5 whole dollars on one egg XD

ButIdoitanywaysROFLROFL

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 30 July 2011 at 11:32 AM

@cafe yeah, I agree, a ton of parents on here are all mad about that xD

3,562 posts

cafe • 30 July 2011 at 11:34 AM

Roflrofl

I have my own credit card, and my mom uses it cause it's hooked to a paypal

She sends about money to it, uses some, and I get the left overs. And that adds up XD

Male
1,247 posts

Meteoroid • 30 July 2011 at 11:46 AM

@balletninja
True, but it needs to be in perspective as well. Club Penguin is owned by Disney, which is an extremely wealthy company. And Viacom, who owns Neopets, is a heavy hitter as well.

Perhaps there should be user discounts for loyal members.

Demigirl
881 posts

elluwah • 30 July 2011 at 11:46 AM

I would LOVE it for prices to be lowered a bit. I've spent that much money on this site... I've basically bought every single egg that's been released in the Cash Shop Park, and I won't dare add it all up. o_O Even so, I'll continue to pay for them. I love this website, it's one of my favourites. And if me spending however much it costs for the new CS eggs helps to keep it up and running, then I shall do so for as long as I can. 😊

Although, the Cash Shop Monthlys are a little... over-priced, in my opinion. I just think spending $15 a month (that's if there are 3 every month like there were in July) is a little too much. And sooner or later, I reckon I'll stop spending so much money on here and use it for what I actually need in real life. So I agree. If prices were cut in half, it'd increase the number that people could buy... thus keeping us happy whilst also paying the money necessary. ^^

Female
4,530 posts

balletninja • 30 July 2011 at 11:48 AM

@meteoroid I could see there being complaints about that, but I agree, or if you have purchased a certain amount of CC a bonus of some type.

I could see both working, and making Eggcave a bit more appetizing to parents 😊

Female
200 posts

tdat • 30 July 2011 at 12:38 PM

@balletninja i would love for the prices of CC to be lowered as well.My mom wont let me buy any bc its so expensive. i would put in a ticket for this😊

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 30 July 2011 at 12:40 PM

Last X-Mas (I think) the eggs were 250 CC, like the Snolo, Berr, etc. *goes to double check*

EDIT: Yes they were, blog quote : "We're feeling the holiday season this year and are proud to announce that all Cash Shop Christmas creatures shall be at a lower, fixed price of 250 CaveCash! Here's the first of many new Christmas creatures!"

Maybe they should feel the holiday season more often XD

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 30 July 2011 at 12:41 PM

Maybe if we buy 1000 it's $8?
If we buy 2500 it's $20?

3,562 posts

cafe • 30 July 2011 at 12:43 PM

But, think about it like this, not many people buy becuase it's expensive.

but if he drops it to 2.50, more people would buy because, to give an example, it would be like a "Buy one get one free" in essence. Since it would be 2.50 for two, and it's 5.00 now - 2 for 1.

And my dad taught me, when there's a sell like that go for it.

And I'd rather spend five, get two critters, and then go on.

1,655 posts

chatial • 30 July 2011 at 1:07 PM

I like @crooton1 's idea. I dunno about dropping in half though..

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 30 July 2011 at 1:08 PM

Yeah, dropping it in half wouldn't be good. What about all the other people who bought CC for double price? e-e

3,562 posts

cafe • 30 July 2011 at 1:08 PM

Refund?

I've bought CC.

I'd still be happy to see it dropped.

Male
5,469 posts

crooton1 • 30 July 2011 at 1:10 PM

Eh, no thanks. I'll pass on this idea. No offense.

3,562 posts

cafe • 30 July 2011 at 1:14 PM

//Shrug//

No need to add "No offense" You aren't degrading me [IE, No offense, but you're hair looks gross] You just don't agree with idea. Tis fine. That's why the forum is here, to see how many supporters an idea has.

Female
2,301 posts

metaphor • 2 August 2011 at 6:06 AM

I do think that 100 CC for stars is a bit much...I think 50 CC would be sufficient. Also, gender changes could probably go for 50 too...and Uneternal Youth Potion especially, because 100 CC is a bit much to reverse an effect you paid for in the first place.😋

Also, I think 250 for all monthly CCs might be kind of low...HOWEVER

Maybe there could be a 250 creature and two 500 CC creatures. Or something like that.

3,562 posts

cafe • 2 August 2011 at 6:39 AM

Or maybe a meet in the middle.

3.50 for each.

Female
2,301 posts

metaphor • 2 August 2011 at 6:48 AM

Yeah, that would be cool.😊

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 2 August 2011 at 6:52 AM

I do think the prices should be lowered, but mainly for the monthly CC pets, 1500 a month is way too much, 250 for each is more than enough. Especially because it seems Ian is going to continue the 3 creatures a month trend =.=

3,562 posts

cafe • 2 August 2011 at 6:54 AM

Right now I can not afford 15 a month XD

And if it's 2.50 per egg, I don't mind 7.50 a month.

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 2 August 2011 at 6:58 AM

Exactly, come on, it was possible for christmas too! And there are way more CC pets going to be released now, which also means there will be plenty of profit. And if the CC pets are this many and this expensive it's getting really hard to trade for them, I'll be fine with my huge stock of rares, but there are plenty of more generous people who don't have that...

Female
2,301 posts

metaphor • 2 August 2011 at 7:03 AM

Yeah, that's the thing. I mean, I can imagine that since they do retire at the end of each month, they're sought after and so if the price were lowered, the demand would surely make up for it. Plus you still have people who want to freeze the creatures at certain stages, which sells freezes as well. I think Ian could get by on that or at least have two 250 CC and one special 500 CC maybe.

3,562 posts

cafe • 2 August 2011 at 7:08 AM

I literally gave most of my really good eggs [Second stage frozen florn, swornt, etc etc] and I didn't regret it til now - because I could have gotten //so// much more for them if I didn't have a generous streak :/

It used to be people helped each other out, now it's the "highest bidder thing"

@metaphor

Yeah

Like, a lot of people want female Nyms [I just want a nym. xD] and if they get a male, they can gender swap it. And I'd wanna freeze it in it's baby form.

So, if I did that - that alone would be 8.50 - for a pixel.

[1.00 for genderswap, 2.50 for freeze, and 5.00 for the egg itself.]

I mean, they'd still make profit anyway. The egg cost them nothing [in general. I know the site costs them]

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 2 August 2011 at 7:09 AM

True, the demand is HUGE. And I just don't think the amount of money you'd be spending a month to collect all is fair... One creature a month ok, but 3? Plus CC creatures really are just plain expensive, if they were 250 even I would probably get my dad to deposit some money in a paypal account (unfortunately creditcards are much harder to come by here in the Netherlands and cost a lot of money to have ☚ī¸)

@cafe I really want a pair and I'm going to try getting the female frozen at stage 1 😸

3,562 posts

cafe • 2 August 2011 at 7:11 AM

Heck, I wouldn't mind there be two/three 2.50 and a special 5.00. Because that's what it is, special. But - it have to blow the other eggs out of the park.

I just want one >-< But money is tight right now, so I can pass on virtual pixels....

My friend made my day yesterday though 😸

She gave me a guinstar :'D She said free [I gave her a flaren anyways, and I wasn't going to give my flarens to anyone.] So there is still hope in the EC world~

Female
2,115 posts

dionaea • 2 August 2011 at 7:17 AM

@cafe Which would probably mean the Nym would have still been 500 XD Ah, well, for now I'm good, I've got plenty to trade... But I do agree with you that people used to be more generous (me included), but with the canceling of the overnight method and my luck I really need to get decent offers. I've given up on really collecting all, right now I just try to get the pets I like...

3,562 posts

cafe • 2 August 2011 at 7:23 AM

@dionaea

Yeah, I miss the over night method.