Drop down menus and Forum Livepulse

in Problems & Bugs

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 24 January 2011 at 6:52 PM

So I'm not sure if it's supposed to be this way or not, but when you are looking at the forum livepulse page none of the dropdown menus appear. So going directly from the livepulse to say, your profile (via dropdowns) is impossible.

If this is how this is supposed to work then just ignore this. But if this is a bug then here is your heads up. 😊 *I'm using Firefox with Windows if that ends up being relevant*

Female
4,319 posts

redfire77 • 24 January 2011 at 8:35 PM

@orderedchaos yeah, i noticed that before, too. im also using firefox for windows. the dropdowns work except in livepulse

1,247 posts

Zac • 24 January 2011 at 8:58 PM

@orderchaos Hrm... thats odd. ☚ī¸ They used to not work for me either, but now they do for Windows Chrome. 😊

EDIT: I just tested it in Firefox and they are working fine for me. O_O Not sure what's going on. You could try clearing your cache and also make sure the page is completely loaded. Otherwise I'm stumped. 😋

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 24 January 2011 at 9:34 PM

@zac Just cleared my cache and checked on two separate computers (desktop and laptop) and still no dropdowns while on the livepulse page. Page has definitely loaded too. Weird. :-/

I might install Chrome later and check there. See if its a weird firefox issue or just a "livepluse hates my computers" issue. 😊

1,247 posts

Zac • 24 January 2011 at 9:45 PM

@orderedchaos I'm not sure what's happening then. I checked it again, and it worked. I'm sure @Ian will be able to figure it out. 😊

Male
52 posts

giraflare • 25 January 2011 at 9:39 AM

None of the dropdown menus are working for me at all on any page, using firefox.

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 2 March 2011 at 11:00 PM

Well I ended up solving this problem, for me anyway. Looks like its some problem with the current version of Firefox. I recently upgraded to Firefox 4 beta and now the drop down menus are working from Livepulse. So perhaps the problem lies with how Firefox 3.6 handles Javascript? *throws random idea out there*

On another note, this also fixed the "Previous 50 Comments" button for me on the blog.

Male
1,993 posts

Ian • 18 March 2011 at 1:23 PM

@orderedchaos

The Livepulse page should be working in all browsers now. Check it out.

Female
5,410 posts

Orderedchaos • 18 March 2011 at 1:41 PM

*moves over to other computer to check*
@Ian Yup, definitely working for regular Firefox, both drop down menus and the "previous comments" button. 😊

Male
1,993 posts

Ian • 18 March 2011 at 1:41 PM

@orderechaos SHABAM! b)

Female
1,526 posts

nvr4evr1 • 21 March 2011 at 4:50 PM

@Ian: Dropdown menus are working for IE as well. 😊

Other
1,553 posts

rabbitwanter • 21 March 2011 at 5:53 PM

shabam LOL
dats mai new catchphrase xDD @ian

Male
1,993 posts

Ian • 22 March 2011 at 5:51 PM

looks like this has been fixed for good. open up another topic if the problem (or something like it) persists.

best,
ian