SUPER MOON Creature Suggestion: The Luna

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

527 posts

gabrieltaft • 24 June 2013 at 12:14 AM

I made the Luna during the 2013 Super Moon. I have gotten some helpful feedback (Thanks @bot) and updated the artwork.

Creature Design:

http://fav.me/d6fibov

#creaturesuggestion

Available Possibilities: Halloween Critter, Asteroid creature, Available in Cave only during full moons.

About Luna Eggs

Occasionally, during a full moon, Luna eggs appear across Arc. At night they mimic the moon's glow and give off a soothing light. The closer to the full moon the brighter the Luna glows and sometimes when you put your ear, close to the egg, you can hear a faint lullaby.

More About the Luna

Luna are highly tied to the moon. The Science and research center has found them to be related to the mysterious Tenalp and Ecorth. SAR believes that like the moon, Luna influence nearby tides and streams of arc. Because of this they strongly warn against gathering a large number of Luna together in one place.

Luna levitate to travel and glow at all times. During a full moon, they give off sparkles that seem to imitate the stars. Because of their beautiful glow and the sleep inducing lullaby given off by adult Luna, they are highly prized by the citizens of Arc and are often used to lull children to sleep.

Egg (500 Views) -> First Stage (500 Views) - > Second Stage

Find more of my Creature Suggestions at #GlyphCreations

Female
46 posts

chibininjamiko • 24 June 2013 at 12:19 AM

@gabrieltaft
I would like one. IT LOOKS AWSOME!!!

Female
395 posts

jurassicshark • 24 June 2013 at 3:03 AM

@gabrieltaft
I would absolutely love one of these.

Female
481 posts

angelwolfeh • 24 June 2013 at 3:22 AM

@gabrieltaft

Such a creative idea! I need to get a full moon timer to see if any of these are about if they're accepted!!

527 posts

gabrieltaft • 24 June 2013 at 10:28 PM

@chibininjamiko @Jurassicshark Thanks guys!

@Angelwolfeh Yeah that would be a fun egg dynamic. Would always be changing...

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 24 June 2013 at 11:29 PM

@gabrieltaft I never thought about having a moon creature, unique.

527 posts

gabrieltaft • 25 June 2013 at 10:28 PM

Thank you 😊

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 27 June 2013 at 12:49 PM

@gabrieltaft
Did you create this with watercolors?~ 😸
I don't like it /that/ much! It doesn't look like a creature to me, perhaps a bit... investment in it would help?...

527 posts

gabrieltaft • 18 July 2013 at 12:21 AM

@Sony

Yeah I just used watercolors. I think it gets the concept across, even if it isn't in it's finished form.

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 18 July 2013 at 12:23 AM

@gabrieltaft
Well nice then ^^

527 posts

gabrieltaft • 27 July 2013 at 8:10 PM

Just looking for more critiques.

1,242 posts

bot • 27 July 2013 at 9:18 PM

@gabrieltaft

Sorry, but I'm not too big of a fan... Sorry. Maybe try to make it look like a moon-based lizard...? That would look cool! And the description is a little short, mind if I expand it a bit? Here....

About Luna Eggs:

Luna eggs shine bright like the full moon, and it glows brightest at night. They are very heavy eggs that always glow and seem to have a magical quality to them. The eggs are commonly sought after and will go for astonishingly high prices, especially if the egg is exceptionally radiant.

Also, these eggs do not hatch. They actually morph (the egg becomes the creature) in a burst of stellar light. Its really a blue moon if you actually witness it morph!

More about the Luna:

Lunae (plural of Luna) are a beautiful orb-like (change this to Lizard-Like if you want to change the art) creature with a mystical ability to levitate and glow at all times. Very similar to the strange Ecorth, the creature doesn't appear to do anything after hatching (or morphing), hence that they don't open their eyes or actively move. Actually, Lunae are controllers of the moon and are constantly keeping oceans from flooding.

Lunae also go for huge prices and are almost always sought after by Arkians. If you do ever find or buy a Luna, keep it! The prices will surely go up the longer to wait.

Female
1,984 posts

tralala22 • 27 July 2013 at 9:29 PM

@gabrieltaft

Nice idea! I would want one of those 😉

527 posts

gabrieltaft • 27 July 2013 at 9:34 PM

@bot

Thanks for the input! I like your write up of the Luna. I'm going to update the official one when I get a chance.

I like your idea of a lizzard moon pet but I really want to see a moon based pet, like Tenalp is a planet based one.

Maybe I could add a half moon stage and then a full moon one.

1,242 posts

bot • 27 July 2013 at 9:37 PM

@gabrieltaft

Cool idea! ❤️ You can easily update it by copying and pasting it on the edit page (the yellow piece of paper with a pencil on the top-right of your post)!

And I may steal the lizard-moon thing. Beware! 😋

527 posts

gabrieltaft • 27 July 2013 at 9:39 PM

@bot haha thanks, I would love to see what you come up with 😊

1,242 posts

bot • 27 July 2013 at 9:41 PM

@gabrieltaft

Working on it right now. ❤️ May call it the Allona. Sorry if it's too close to the Luna! *///*

Hugs! ~❤️

Bot

Deleted • 27 July 2013 at 9:58 PM

@gabrieltaft

Love the description.

I *cough cough* really dislike *cough cough* the create.

Female
472 posts

fluffamun • 27 July 2013 at 10:21 PM

@gabrieltaft

The concept of the Luna is great! The drawing leaves something to be desired. I also like the idea of egg - crescent moon - half moon - full moon type thing.

527 posts

gabrieltaft • 28 July 2013 at 2:46 AM

Hey guys thanks for the input, I just updated the artwork a bit. What do you think? @Fluffamun @rushingwater @Bot @Sony @Fakeworld @angelwolfeh @chibininjamiko @jurassicshark

http://fav.me/d6fibov

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 28 July 2013 at 2:48 AM

@gabrieltaft Hey look, it looks SO MUCH better 😸 And I bet, wish colors, it'll look even better 😸
Last stage is a bit... weird though xD
But still, I like it!

Good luck~

527 posts

gabrieltaft • 28 July 2013 at 2:52 AM

@sony haha yeah it is a little different. I was going to add colors but I'm not exactly sure, where to add colors, since the moon is white/gray. It would look better with a travel.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 28 July 2013 at 3:28 AM

And how about they are only available for the two days of the year where the "super moon" is seen
(sorry, I don't like the terminology "super moon") but it's a great suggestion!

@gabrieltaft

1,242 posts

bot • 28 July 2013 at 10:19 AM

@gabrieltaft

Woah! Why don't you put that on your first post so EVERYONE can see it!!!!!1!!11one

Also update the description.

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 28 July 2013 at 11:30 AM

@gabrieltaft
It's perf!

527 posts

gabrieltaft • 28 July 2013 at 1:06 PM

@Fakworld @Bot @Mastergemma

Thank you!!! Bot I replaced the old image and updated the description on the first post 😊.

@mastergemma wow if it was only around for the actual super moon, it would be really rare. Interesting suggestion. we will just have to wait and see if egg cave does something related to the moon fazes.

1,124 posts

bookw0rm • 5 September 2013 at 6:32 PM

@gabrieltaft
It's awesome!

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 5 September 2013 at 6:37 PM

@gabrieltaft

This is a great idea.
I love all of the stages, but the egg is my favorite.
Wonderful work.

527 posts

gabrieltaft • 6 September 2013 at 1:45 AM

@bookw0rm @piucca wow thanks so much guys!

Other
3,178 posts

piucca • 6 September 2013 at 2:18 AM

@gabrieltaft

You are very welcome.
Though simple, no one has though of this ingenious idea.
Or at the very lest made such a beautiful illustration.